Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 1: Feb 2004 - Oct 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you - I think on Her Majesty's part it was disrespectful to lend a tiara identified solely w/Queen Mary to Camilla.

tiaraprin said:
Her Majesty let her wear Queen Mary's Delhi Durbar tiara?? Queen Mary is rolling over in her grave!!

I posted photos of diana with another tiara in princess diana Jewelry

Lady Jean said:
I'm with you - I think on Her Majesty's part it was disrespectful to lend a tiara identified solely w/Queen Mary to Camilla.

But tiaras were meant to be worn. It would be a waste of a great work of art not to have it worn, and the wife of the Prince of Wales is a credible person for the honor. Of course, the Princess Royal or Countess of Wessex could also be, but I think it was lent to the Duchess of Cornwall to make a statement. The Queen's message through this action? I suppose she is trying to tell us that she and her family stand behind Camilla as Charles's wife and they consider her as the rightful future Queen Consort. Queen Mary was a Queen Consort, so only another Queen Consort or QC in the Waiting should wear this tiara. If Diana were alive and still married to Charles, I'd say it should be Diana to wear it, but this is not the case. It's Camilla, so this is appropriate, in my opinion.

Queen Mary left it to the Queen and she did what she wanted to with it. She gave it Charles's wife to wear. Which is who I believe is supposed to wear it the future kings wife. Someone do correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
yes, I posted in the part II

corazon said:
yes, I posted in the part II

yes, I saw the pics after that premature post! Sorry, but thank you very much!

This had better not start turning into yet another thread about Diana.

People who want to talk about Diana may do so in the threads about her. It's getting very tiresome seeing Camilla threads being constantly hijacked by people wanting to talk about Diana and post pictures of Diana. I'm going to start deleting them both here and in the British forum if this keeps up.

Since this thread is on its tenth page, I'm going to close it and start up another one. And it had better stay on topic.

The new thread is here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7683

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom