Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like this parure which, if they are a gift from a Middle East monarch, I prefer the design to the various sets of emeralds and rubies that Camilla has worn from a similar provenance. The simple style of the gown, coupled with Kate's pregnancy glow, suggests these jewels may never have a better 'canvas'.

This necklace should be put on a tiara frame-it would make a glorious parure with the Greville emerald necklace.

The one Catherine is wearing appears to be hers. She has previously worn long earrings with the studs fitted at the bottom and a matching bracelet.

I haven't seen a good close up of them yet to tell.

LaRae

Did anyone recognise Kate's earrings today?

I find different things online about these. I suppose it does not help that there are no clear pictures. But the choices seem to be a pair of earrings that go back to Elizabeth's Princess days (and match a brooch) or Oscar de la Renta costume pieces.

I know which I prefer. :whistling:

In either case they look very retro, IMO. Which can be a good thing. I have great old starburst Peridot brooch, that may not match most of what I wear, but is great when I wear it! Good stuff is good stuff, jewel wise, IMO.

The royal watchers on twitter are saying they are a new pair (not seen wearing them before) ...possibly vintage. No one has been able to ID them yet.

Someone raised the question if it belonged to the Mouawad ruby and diamond demi parue she has but the metals look different so probably not.

I scouted around Queen Elizabeth's ruby earrings but can't find one that looks like these.

LaRae

Looks vintage, forties or fifties which is hm territory, and look great with her outfit and eight months pregnant

Kate's brooch and earring set are new and as yet unidentified. She wore the earrings recently. Both today for the first time in public.

LaRae

Nice to see. She probably has a chest full of stuff from her wedding.

Or maybe from the visit to Norway/Sweden...a gift?

LaRae

It'd be good if she gets into the habit of Brooches, given that [one day] she will inherit the World's foremost collection of them !

It'd be good if she gets into the habit of Brooches, given that [one day] she will inherit the World's foremost collection of them !

We can argue about the pace of progress, but slowly and surely, she is getting there.

I'm glad to see her wearing them...she rarely does. They can be such a nice accent for a outfit. I think as they move up the line she will have more opportunities to wear them too.

LaRae

The brooch discussion on Kate's fashion thread was deleted.

I worked all day. Anything new on speculative ID of the brooch?

I used to think that her taste in jewelry was leaning to modern/classic but in new stones and tasteful sizes. '

I now think her taste in jewelry is leaning toward old fashioned - especially garden themed.

And I am so happy to see her wearing a brooch. :flowers:

No one has a clue..even the royal watchers on Twitter don't know...

LaRae

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/...ves-after-attending-a-day-picture-id930990746

Three flowers with leaves/ribbons underneath, looks like a new one to me. Probably not from Scandinavia as I think they usually don't give jewels as gifts? and if I remember correctly the gifts from Norway only include sweaters and books. I guess it's from Commonwealth country (or the one she received from Luxembourg last year?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom