Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a shame that we could barely see the earrings because of her hair but they look like the Kiki McDonough lavender amethyst earrings she wore to meet the king of buhtan

Are these earrings the ones ate wore when she went to Luxembourg?

I'm not sure to be honest...but seems like this is the first time it's been identified as being worn by Kate.

LaRae

Last edited:
I'm not sure to be honest...but seems like this is the first time it's been identified as being worn by Kate.

LaRae

But the press don't always get these things right. Also, as there have been so many new outfits and jewelery in the last 10 days, I don't think everything has been covered fully.

I wouldn't rely on the press ...but there are enough serious royal watchers out there that know Diana's *known* personal jewelry...they are going to be pretty quick to spot it if Kate wears any...and of course they are looking to see if she is as well.

Some of the items she's worn have been seen on her before too as I understand it.

LaRae

Is that a statement of fact or a guess?
If you would care to take a look at the designers website Muriel, it clearly states the material from which these earrings were made. If I don't know what I am talking about I don't talk.

If you would care to take a look at the designers website Muriel, it clearly states the material from which these earrings were made. If I don't know what I am talking about I don't talk.
What designer, G Collins? There is no confirmation that the earrings a d pendant are from G Collins, is there? They certainly don't, to me, look like the pieces on the G Collins website.

Last edited:
What designer, G Collins? There is no confirmation that the earrings a d pendant are from G Collins, is there? They certainly don't, to me, look like the pieces on the G Collins website.
You guys are talking about different things. One is talking about the circular arrival set and one is talking about the long earrings with the red dress.

I'm still not sure those gems she had on upon arrival to Poland were rubies...and there's been no confirmation about them either, that I'm aware of.

LaRae

You guys are talking about different things. One is talking about the circular arrival set and one is talking about the long earrings with the red dress.
The Duchess of Cambridge is allowed her secrets. Garnets are her birth stone and she has worn a garnet and pearl ring for some years. I think all the pieces are lovely. That is just personal opinion.

Fair point. I was referring to the earrings and pendant worn on arrival in Poland.

Nigel Milne: I am delighted to see in the national press that the Duchess of Cambridge chose to wear one of her late mother-in-law's favourite pearl and diamond bracelets on the Royal Tour in Germany last week. This is of particular interest to me in that it was designed by me and featured in our 1988/1989 jewellery catalogue.
https://nigelmilne.co.uk/blogs/blog/a-royal-revival

Nigel Milne: I am delighted to see in the national press that the Duchess of Cambridge chose to wear one of her late mother-in-law's favourite pearl and diamond bracelets on the Royal Tour in Germany last week. This is of particular interest to me in that it was designed by me and featured in our 1988/1989 jewellery catalogue.

Well, how nice that Mr. Milne managed to get himself some PR because of something he designed 30 years ago! Of course, he had to generate this publicity all on his own since no media outlet bothered to do it. Bless his heart.

I'm very pleased that Mr Milne has shared some details of the provenance of these jewels, I had no idea he had designed them. Thanks for the link.

I'm very pleased that Mr Milne has shared some details of the provenance of these jewels, I had no idea he had designed them. Thanks for the link.
I think both he and his wife were involved in the design? I still think it was a beautiful piece of classic jewellery and am glad we have seen it again.

Well, how nice that Mr. Milne managed to get himself some PR because of something he designed 30 years ago! Of course, he had to generate this publicity all on his own since no media outlet bothered to do it. Bless his heart.

I'm grateful to him for sharing the details. I had no idea the jewelry was designed to benefit a charity the Princess was patron of and I think it's a nice bit of backstory.

I'm grateful to him for sharing the details. I had no idea the jewelry was designed to benefit a charity the Princess was patron of and I think it's a nice bit of backstory.

I think it made the news at the time but the braclet lost out to the outfit

Are those the same Pearl earrings from the recent visit to Poland/Germany?

Wonder if the brooch too is part of the set.

Indeed. Seems the brooch, necklace and earrings are all part of the same set.

Indeed. Seems the brooch, necklace and earrings are all part of the same set.

Exactly what I was thinking,the brooch is very lovely and a nice addition to Kates jewel chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom