Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Rubies in VERY undistinguished settings [alas]...The Earrings are good, the Pendant less so, and the ring isn't at all worthy of its stone...

Last edited:
Are we sure they are rubies? My guess is that they might be garnets. Rubies that size is quite large, and I seem to remember garnets having some connection to poland.

Garnets also come in a wide variety of colors. I have a ring with purple garnets that look more like amethysts than the traditional red garnet. :D

Those don't look like rubies to me...perhaps they are garnets.

LaRae

I really have no clue. I see red and thought rubies but I guess it's garnets

Garnets would make sense seeing as how it's Kate's birthstone...perhaps a nice present from William.

LaRae

Friend of mine is from Poland, she says Amber has significance to Poland. She's not heard about Garnet (wasn't even sure what it was) but she's going to ask her mom to be sure.

LaRae

Friend of mine is from Poland, she says Amber has significance to Poland. She's not heard about Garnet (wasn't even sure what it was) but she's going to ask her mom to be sure.

LaRae

Well, the Cambridges are supposed to visit some sort of amber workshop.

Maybe that's what the Government will gift to Kate? Amber?
(I just hope it's something pretty; I'm still annoyed about those bears from Canada). :bang:

I don't even remember the bears from Canada lol

LaRae

The closer I look at the red jewels, the more i think they are not a matched set. The earrings and ring have gold in the setting and the pendant doesn't and appears to be a lighter stone.
I have never liked the pearl set. Maybe would work on someone much curvier.

Last edited:
Are we sure they are rubies? My guess is that they might be garnets. Rubies that size is quite large, and I seem to remember garnets having some connection to poland.

They certainly come across as rubies to me.

Nice to see the Duchess wearing them again,I had forgotten all about them!

How do these jewelry loans from the Queen work?

For example, does Kate tell the Queen that she noticed a gorgeous necklace in the vaults and wanted to borrow it for the banquet?

Or does the Queen mention that she thinks that particular necklace would look nice, so Kate ought to wear it?

Or do they all get together to rummage through the jewels and choose who wears what?

Mirabel - I’ve always wondered the same thing. Is there, perhaps, a photo catalog/book Catherine can leaf through? How request made.

Love the look. What's hilarious is William's "evil eye" at the photographers!
?

Mirabel - I’ve always wondered the same thing. Is there, perhaps, a photo catalog/book Catherine can leaf through? How request made.

I think there is a catalog. I seem to remember, from many years ago, reading about a catalog of the Queen's jewelry. In fact, I think there is an actual book that was published. It contains not just the Queen's personal jewelry but, what I know as, the Crown Jewels and royal jewels. I don't have the time but I'm sure if interested, it would be easy enough to google this book or something along the lines of "pictures of the Queens jewelry."

I imagine Her Maj is very generous with loaning out her jewels to the younger members of the family. I mean, the Duchess of Cambridge wears the Queen's engagement jewelry from Philip. You can't get much more generous than that.

How do these jewelry loans from the Queen work?

For example, does Kate tell the Queen that she noticed a gorgeous necklace in the vaults and wanted to borrow it for the banquet?

Or does the Queen mention that she thinks that particular necklace would look nice, so Kate ought to wear it?

Or do they all get together to rummage through the jewels and choose who wears what?

I would love to know how that works. It would be great if Angela Kelly would write a book sometime describing this.

Ah..well a shame not something more identifiable with Canada.

LaRae

Do we know who made the decision on polar bears?

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom