Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
at first i used to find the kiki's earrings quite boring but now i'm starting to hate them £7,500 for earrings that looks like fake ones from etsy , for god sake crown princess mary bought a 100 years old tiara for approximately the same price!! :bang::bang:

The Duchess of Cambridge is the one purchasing and wearing the earrings that SHE likes. If you are bored with them, don't look at them. It's nobody's business and certainly not important enough to HATE. What an awful word.

As for Mary deciding to purchase jewelry from an auction house . . . with all the jewels available to the British royal family, why on earth would Kate even think of buying some old jewels from an auction house?? That would be ridiculous. She has access to several pieces from the Queen already and, in a few years, will have access to ALL of the Queens jewelry.

The Duchess of Cambridge is the one purchasing and wearing the earrings that SHE likes.

Absolutely Leslie Mae.. The Royal collection lacks much in the way of Semi-Precious Daytime Jewels of the sort likely to appeal to a modern young Woman. So the Duchess is buying some that appeal to her, and tally with her style ? What IS the problem ?

Has Kate ever reworn the earrings from her wedding?

The Duchess of Cambridge is the one purchasing and wearing the earrings that SHE likes. If you are bored with them, don't look at them. It's nobody's business and certainly not important enough to HATE. What an awful word.

As for Mary deciding to purchase jewelry from an auction house . . . with all the jewels available to the British royal family, why on earth would Kate even think of buying some old jewels from an auction house?? That would be ridiculous. She has access to several pieces from the Queen already and, in a few years, will have access to ALL of the Queens jewelry.

first of all this site is for everyone to express their opinion about things that are related to royalty it's not about expressing my opinion if i think it's good and shut up if i don't think it is good .

i don't mind modern jewellery but if you gonna pay tens of thousands on modern pieces then choose ones that are unique like some of jar , Ole Lynggaard... etc designs don't buy a £7,500 earrings that i wouldn't difference it from a £64.56 fake one , the reason i mentioned Mary's antique tiara/necklace is that if i was asked to give a price for it i would give it between £30,000 - £40,000 but if i was asked to give a price for the kiki's earrings i would say £50 max , i would rather that she wear fake ones insted of tens of thousands worth earrings that looks like cheap fake one's .
compare the modern pieces that maxima and mary bought and the kiki macdonald one's and u know what i mean .

"From sparkling tiaras to dazzling statement earrings, the Duchess of Cambridge always accessorizes her timeless ensembles with elegant pieces from her jewelry box. Whether she is at a state banquet or garden party with the Queen, the 35-year-old is known for adding the perfect finishing touch to her attire, which includes jewels by Annoushka Ducas. “My designs are contemporary, classic and always playful. Every piece is designed to be worn from pavement to palace,” the modern royal jeweler told HELLO!. “I design my jewelry with brilliant, inspiring women in mind and who more inspiring than the Duchess!”"

Kate Middleton's go-to jewelry designer talks the Duchess' inspiring style

first of all this site is for everyone to express their opinion about things that are related to royalty it's not about expressing my opinion if i think it's good and shut up if i don't think it is good .

i don't mind modern jewellery but if you gonna pay tens of thousands on modern pieces then choose ones that are unique like some of jar , Ole Lynggaard... etc designs don't buy a £7,500 earrings that i wouldn't difference it from a £64.56 fake one , the reason i mentioned Mary's antique tiara/necklace is that if i was asked to give a price for it i would give it between £30,000 - £40,000 but if i was asked to give a price for the kiki's earrings i would say £50 max , i would rather that she wear fake ones insted of tens of thousands worth earrings that looks like cheap fake one's .
compare the modern pieces that maxima and mary bought and the kiki macdonald one's and u know what i mean .

I agree! But she likes what she likes so gotta accept that oogle at Maxima like me lol!

I agree! But she likes what she likes so gotta accept that oogle at Maxima like me lol!

There are many reasons to collect large stones.
The foremost is that they become increasingly difficult to obtain and will appreciate in value, both personal and monetary.
Beyond that - the through light makes the gem color on large stones more vibrant - especially when the stone color is as saturated as these were.
Finally - It's always been my hope that Catherine expands her large semi-precious stone collection to include necklaces and brooches. Because, well, that would be fun. Sets of the modern stones would be a blast and she has many years to collect them/be given them!

I am not fond of some of Kate's choices of jewelry either. The Kiki McDonald collection look like pieces from a fashion jewelry line from a department store.

Oh I like the Kiki McDonough earrings- I think they're a good, modern look for Kate and I like that she wears them (though of course, I prefer when she wears stuff from the royal collections)

Oh I like the Kiki McDonough earrings- I think they're a good, modern look for Kate and I like that she wears them (though of course, I prefer when she wears stuff from the royal collections)

I agree. Those McDonough earrings are perfect for everyday or casual events. Kate has worn some major pieces from the royal collection when the occasion warranted. Plus, she's borrowed some of HM's personal jewels (the engagement bracelet comes to mind). She's young and a lot of those royal pieces are not appropriate for a young woman. She has plenty of time in the future to wear all those whopping jewels in the royal collection and look like a Christmas tree.:eek:

So, Trooping of the Colour, time to push the boat out, and did she what! I love those gorgeous diamond evening earrings and to be honest her ensemble made such a statement I thought the addition of 'HM The Queen Diamond Pendant Earrings' was more than a little over the top, bragging in fact. They did not suit her dress or hat which is not that surprising, they are used to being paired with diamond tiaras rather than little pink hats.

http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...une-17-2017-Two-2-Shots-Carriage-Baclony-.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/97/d3/c7/97d3c7cce689b4dd68bd31bdbcf3455a.jpg

http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...ot-Tiara-Dec-8-2016-Diplomatic-Reception-.jpg

Great choice. So happy she had a fantastic updo to show off neckline and earrings :flowers:

So, Trooping of the Colour, time to push the boat out, and did she what! I love those gorgeous diamond evening earrings and to be honest her ensemble made such a statement I thought the addition of 'HM The Queen Diamond Pendant Earrings' was more than a little over the top, bragging in fact. They did not suit her dress or hat which is not that surprising, they are used to being paired with diamond tiaras rather than little pink hats.

http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...une-17-2017-Two-2-Shots-Carriage-Baclony-.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/97/d3/c7/97d3c7cce689b4dd68bd31bdbcf3455a.jpg

http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...ot-Tiara-Dec-8-2016-Diplomatic-Reception-.jpg

I quite agree with you, the diamond earrings are far too brash for the day! Pearls would have been perfect.

Nothing brash as far as I am concerned. I thought they teamed great with the outfit.

The earrings were a great touch of glamour.

Nothing brash as far as I am concerned. I thought they teamed great with the outfit.
I agree. Especially not since she only wore the earrings. If she wore them with the Nizam necklace, then yes. It would be a bit show off. But these are just some large dressed up earrings. Many of us wear them when dressing up (earrings are always my go to), hers just happen to be diamond. I love her taking a page out of the queen mothers book and wearing some big earrings in daytime. Larger earrings (day or night) is a very youthful look (not as in trying to look young, more a "of her generation"-thing) so it makes perfect sense for her to do a royal version of that. I love them and think they make the whole look!

Agreed. I think the earrings paired beautifully with her hair and dress.

Looks great. It's not like she wore the Grenville Chandeliers to yoga class.

For me they work because though the actual earrings are a bit bigger, the stones themselves are small. They aren't big and flash like an evening look.

Last edited:
As it was a celebration of the Queen's birthday, perhaps, like a lot of people do, Kate wore those earrings because they're part of a special bond between the Queen and Kate. Perhaps in choosing to wear them, it wasn't a choice because of what she was wearing or the time of the day but because of the occasion.

That's my take on it anyways.

Camilla and Autumn both wore pearls...and while they would of gone well with Kate's look, so did the diamonds.

Normally folks complain because she doesn't wear enough bling....I think it's quite nice she wore the Queen's earrings on the day celebrating her birth.

LaRae

I'm okay with Catherine wearing diamonds anytime. The more, the better.

I love those gorgeous diamond evening earrings and to be honest her ensemble made such a statement I thought the addition of 'HM The Queen Diamond Pendant Earrings' was more than a little over the top, bragging in fact. They did not suit her dress or hat which is not that surprising, they are used to being paired with diamond tiaras rather than little pink hats.

I thought the earrings were perfectly fine, if a little out of the norm that Catherine has set herself.

I guess when Maxima wears OTT jewellery for day occasions, it is fine, but when Catherine does, it is deemed inappropriate.
I think she is damned if she does, and damned if she does not!

The earrings were lovely. They did not look a bit jarring with that outfit, although pearls would have worked equally well.
But as Osipi said, perhaps Kate chose them as a gesture of appreciation to the Queen.

As it was a celebration of the Queen's birthday, perhaps, like a lot of people do, Kate wore those earrings because they're part of a special bond between the Queen and Kate. Perhaps in choosing to wear them, it wasn't a choice because of what she was wearing or the time of the day but because of the occasion.

That's my take on it anyways.

The Queen's Birthday is the 21st June, Trooping the Colour is in commemoration of the Coronation.

These earrings are exceedingly brash with this outfit, pearls would have cooled the whole look down and would have made her more in the mould of an English Princess. One cannot compare her with the late Queen Mother, their styles are poles apart!

The Duchess seems to have a problem with jewels, for a grand evening occasion we see her in costume jewellery then for a daytime event pendant diamond earrings!
She does seem to also have a predilection for semi precious jewelled earrings, but I would love to see her in beautiful pendant pearl earrings, Princess Diana had several pairs, for example her wedding gift earrings from the jewellers Collingwood - perfect for such an occasion.

The Queen's Birthday is the 21st June, Trooping the Colour is in commemoration of the Coronation.

Trooping the Colour is the celebration of the Queen's official birthday. Her actual birth date is April 21, 1926

These earrings are exceedingly brash with this outfit, pearls would have cooled the whole look down and would have made her more in the mould of an English Princess. One cannot compare her with the late Queen Mother, their styles are poles apart!

The Duchess seems to have a problem with jewels, for a grand evening occasion we see her in costume jewellery then for a daytime event pendant diamond earrings!
She does seem to also have a predilection for semi precious jewelled earrings, but I would love to see her in beautiful pendant pearl earrings, Princess Diana had several pairs, for example her wedding gift earrings from the jewellers Collingwood - perfect for such an occasion.

This is a state occassion, and a celebration of HM's birthday.

As I stated further upthread, when Max wears OTTs earrings, that is fine. When Kate wears a tasteful pair, it is considered brash. When she does not wear them, she is criticised for being too boring, and unwilling to use the royal jewels she has. No winning, is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom