Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to take a stab in the dark on this one and say that perhaps she has worn them many times but in private. When appearing in her official role as The Duchess of Cambridge, perhaps she wants people to see what she wears jewelry wise as a reflection on the British royal family. Her wedding earrings are very symbolic of her Middleton heritage.

As time has gone by and Kate is firmly entrenched within the BRF and has been seen wearing many pieces from the royal vault (including a very personal loan from HM of her wedding bracelets), perhaps she feels more comfortable now wearing her personal, family jewelry occasionally.

Just my thoughts.

:previous: She has worn a number of personal pieces. Considering the earrings are oak leaves and an acorn, actually seem perfect for her new position. Yes, they are in her family coat, but the oak tree is a symbol of the UK, and the royal oak since Charles II, connected to the royal family.

I thought she was waiting for an opportunity to wear them with her Scroll Tiara at a State Banquet. Now she has worn the earrings, but haven't worn the tiara since the wedding.

Be nice to see Kate in the halo again. See the difference a proper hair style (she has had great tiara hair since) and it not being hidden by a very clingy veil would do. Hopefully next tiara event.:flowers:

I find the smaller tiaras suit her best. She looks better in the lotus IMO, than the Cambridge. Unlike Camilla who rocks the big guns, I think the more delicate suite Kate.

Be nice to see Kate in the halo again. See the difference a proper hair style (she has had great tiara hair since) and it not being hidden by a very clingy veil would do. Hopefully next tiara event.:flowers:

I find the smaller tiaras suit her best. She looks better in the lotus IMO, than the Cambridge. Unlike Camilla who rocks the big guns, I think the more delicate suite Kate.

I think Catherine can pull both small and big tiaras off. I think she looked great in the Lover's Knot. I hope she wear it at the next State Banquet or Diplomatic Reception later this year.

Its not, IMO, that she didn't look good in the lover's knot, she did. I just find she has a better frame for a more delicate.

I actually prefer she not wearing the Lover's knot. Its too associated with Diana. Its great she has had access to a few tiaras, but I would actually like if she settled on one for a time. Have her own tiara association. Like Camilla and the honeycomb. I find the lotus blossom suits her beautifully, a bit more impressive than the halo but still delicate and stunning in her hair. I would love to see that become her go to tiara.

I love the Lover's Knot (and think she looks great in it), so I hope she continues wearing it.

I think both big and small tiaras suit her, so I'm looking forward to seeing her wear all sizes. Although I will say that I'm not really clamoring to see her wedding tiara again. The Halo is very pretty, but it's not one of my favorites. There are just so many others I want to see her wear.

Last edited:
I think Kate has the height and manner to carry off wearing some big tiaras...especially as she matures. She has looked very elegant in everything she's worn so far. None of the jewels are wearing her.

LaRae

I love the Lover's Knot (and think she looks great in it), so I hope she continues wearing it.

I think both big and small tiaras suit her, so I'm looking forward to seeing her wear all sizes. Although I will say that I'm not really clamoring to see her wedding tiara again. The Halo is very pretty, but it's not one of my favorites. There are just so many others I want to see her wear.

I actually prefer the Lover's Knot on Kate because with her darker hair color I find that the elements are shown at their best.

I might be one of the few who likes the Halo and I'd love to see her wearing it again.

Yea I really love the Lover's Knot on Kate- her dark hair makes the pearls look fantastic.

And I like that it's associated with her late mother-in-law, who is an important part of Kate's family that she never got to meet.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Hm - my vote definitely goes to the lotus tiara and the halo. I love both of them and would so much like to see her again wearing them - with proper hairdo - and a proper foto :)

Hmmm can't wait to find out more about those.

LaRae

the bottom part of the earring is lovely - definitely interested to find out/ID these

i think she is wearing them today again at wimbledon - she definitely has a long pair on but no closeup pictures as yet

Last edited:
the bottom part of the earring is lovely - definitely interested to find out/ID these

i think she is wearing them today again at wimbledon - she definitely has a long pair on but no closeup pictures as yet
Yeah, it's the same earrings today :) So good chance for better pictures. They look really promising!

Really like those...elegant.

LaRae

:previous: They work well with Big Blue, too.

Quite a nice pair of earrings...she should go for a matching bracelet.

LaRae

It is nice, but she haven't worn it since 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom