Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think the wedding earrings will make several appearances...since they were such a personal item...?

LaRae

:previous: Certainly. But it has been years since the wedding, and this is the first time that the Duchess repeated the earrings. It was a long wait, so that's why people are surprised to finally see them again.

Perhaps she's actually worn them privately ...we just haven't seen it. They are quite lovely...she seems to be wearing a lot more jewelry this year...perhaps a trend.

LaRae

she seems to be wearing a lot more jewelry this year.

Many thought she would take her several years to feel comfortable wearing the treasures that she is expected to wear, after all the sheer choice, [let alone the value, size and historic nature] of the options cannot be any less than daunting for a 'new Senior Royal'.

She has clearly gained confidence, and we can look forward to the years of marvels ahead [in a way we simply cannot with Charlene of Monaco].

Yeah...can't even compare the two countries. Very different history.

LaRae

Many thought she would take her several years to feel comfortable wearing the treasures that she is expected to wear, after all the sheer choice, [let alone the value, size and historic nature] of the options cannot be any less than daunting for a 'new Senior Royal'.

She has clearly gained confidence, and we can look forward to the years of marvels ahead [in a way we simply cannot with Charlene of Monaco].

Agreed. As the years go on, we can expect so much good use of an amazing collection!

I'm still so pleased at how in so few tiara appearances, she's worn so many tiaras!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

If ONLY she would take to wearing a brooch, centrally on a plain neckline or collar ! She could totally re-invent the piece for young Women, and breathe life into MILLIONS of their Mothers/Grandmothers moribund Jewel cases...

Sorry, I love brooches, and I am Canadian so I should be proud to see her wear a gift from us but :ermm: That brooch reminds me of

Klondike® Ice Cream Bars and Sandwiches

It would be nice though to see her wear it when she is in Canada again :flowers:

She can take some great brooch tips from Camilla. She has a great collection. And there are some incredible youthful brooches out there.

So maybe we need to ask "Catherine would you wear the polar bear brooch for a Klondike Bar?";)

I'd wear the cuff links in a heart beat. Would also like William to start wearing hats. John Kennedy killed them.

She wore the Shamrock brooch this week in N.I.

LaRae

Gee thanks folks. What I didn't need was to be given an urge to have something that is not currently in my freezer. Now I seriously want a Klondike bar.

Up until I have strayed into the jewelry sections here, I would never have considered wearing a brooch, looking at a brooch or even caring what a brooch was. I think it was Kate wearing The Queen's maple leaf brooch on her first visit to Canada that done me in. :D

Gee thanks folks. What I didn't need was to be given an urge to have something that is not currently in my freezer. Now I seriously want a Klondike bar.

Up until I have strayed into the jewelry sections here, I would never have considered wearing a brooch, looking at a brooch or even caring what a brooch was. I think it was Kate wearing The Queen's maple leaf brooch on her first visit to Canada that done me in. :D

:DMMMM Klondike bar. The perfect way to end a Friday evening.

She have a Harry Winston Polar Bear Brooch she don't wear, and she received it back in 2011-
North Iconic Polar Bear made up of 302 Diamonds | The Royal Fans - All About Royal Family

I think she looks very good in brooches. Perhaps she's waiting to wear it in Canada.
This brooch probably falls into the same category as all the maple brooches or the NZ fern brooch, the wattle brooch, etc: they are usually only worn in the countries they came from, or in contexts that are related with these countries. So the next big Canadian tour hopefully will do the trick.:D

Thank you for identifying the bracelet. I'd never known that it had originally been a choker.

Is this the first time she has worn this pair of earrings? It is good to see her wearing 'serious' jewellery.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Is this the first time she has worn this pair of earrings? It is good to see her wearing 'serious' jewellery.

She has worn them several times. I think the first time was when she first wore this gown. I believe she also wore them to the Chinese State Banquet last year and there have been other times that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Keep it up with the royal jewels Catherine!

No, one of the queen's pieces she has worn several times. They seem to be her tiara go to earrings since her wedding.

First tiara event post wedding (scroll down)
Duchess Kate: Kate Loves: Tiaras

Again with the lotus at the state banquet for China
Rare Sighting of Modern Princess in Actual Tiara - Racked

With the lover's knot tiara
http://whatkatewore.com/2015/12/08/...a-for-buckingham-palace-reception/#more-35431

She wore them with the other dress suspected for tonight, the Alexander McQueen she wore in LA.

http://whatkatewore.com/2011/07/10/kate-wows-hollywood-in-alexander-mcqueen-jimmy-choo/

The earring are perfect for that gown, imo. Well, both earrings and bracelet are would be good with every gown :D, but with this one they fit especially well.

It's great to see her repeating the bracelet again. It's a sign that it was not a once off loan, but long term. I'm looking forward to seeing it again many times.

Really lovely. It's good to see that she appears to be getting over her aversion to wearing some knock out pieces. :D

No, one of the queen's pieces she has worn several times. They seem to be her tiara go to earrings since her wedding.

Thanks I hadn't seen a close up. They are just right in terms of being a significant piece of jewellery without being flashy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom