The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-18-2018, 03:02 PM
Majesty

May not be, but they do have a similar feel to some of the jewels people like Diana and Camilla have received from the Middle Eastern royals. Heavy in stones, and light on design in some cases. Very modern.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall amassed a trove of jewels thanks to Prince Charles and the Saudis | Daily Mail Online

Nice pieces, but I have to agree, prefer more classical designs when it comes to big jewels. Art deco or older styles.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:06 PM
Courtier

Ooh, I LOVE this. I loved the earrings when she wore them in NY, I'm so glad to see that they're convertible.

Much as I can appreciate the old jewellery style in the Queen's collection, I have to say that as someone slightly younger than Kate, those pieces can look somewhat old fashioned and not something I or my friends would pick if given the choice.

Old 02-18-2018, 05:09 PM
Commoner

Nice set!! A little more modern to offset her pieces borrowed from the queen. She really looks good in emeralds. Suits her. Lovely cut and style of her dress completes the look. Very nice!!!
Old 02-18-2018, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the necklace but think together with the earrings it's overkill on the emeralds. IMO it should have been one or the other.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-18-2018, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
Why do you say that? Just curious because I think the set is beautiful and looks like something the Queen has worn before. I like it.
The design is quite typical of the sets often gifted by Middle Eastern rulers (Saudis, BruneÏ ...) to the royal ladies. The stones are HUGE and the craftmanship quite modern, if sometines not very delicate.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:03 PM
Courtier

This set is beautiful. I really like the style of the necklace.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:20 PM
Majesty

I agree, the emerald parure is magnificent and Catherine has grown into the serious jewellery she now wears. Had she worn the earrings in the long version it would have been overkill but the ability to modify the earrings is really useful.

Basically, I love emeralds and Catherine shows them to great advantage and even her hair, though not in an updo, allowed us to see the earrings, Actually, lately Catherine's updos have been very Downton Abbey or downright dowdy so with her shorter hair not tangling in the earrings and necklaces, I have to admit she pulled a blinder!
Old 02-18-2018, 08:17 PM
Majesty

There were royals from Brunei, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Morocco, Qatar, Dubai and Abu Dubai at the wedding.

Plus wealthy friends like The Duke of Westminster and The Duke of Northumberland

No doubt Kate received a massive haul of jewels on her wedding day.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Fabulous, she can wear it all, so glad is is doing so. Prefer the earrings and necklace than the just drop earrings we saw a few years ago.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:08 PM
Majesty

I much prefer the earrings as she wore them tonight.

LaRae
Old 02-19-2018, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Another Outing for Kate's Modern Emeralds | The Court Jeweller

The emeralds are amazing and just divine.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Stunning jewels on a stunning woman-
World of Windsor : mr-mrswales: HRH The Duchess of Cambridge...

http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/pos...2018-catherine

http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/pos...2018-catherine

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-19-2018, 04:39 PM
Majesty

I would have to agree with you Dman. I honestly can't understand those who say that the emeralds don't look good on her not that they clashed with her gown. It was a very complimentary pairing and Catherine looked splendid.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Another article

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Jewels of the Day: Kate's Emerald Display
Old 02-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I would have to agree with you Dman. I honestly can't understand those who say that the emeralds don't look good on her not that they clashed with her gown. It was a very complimentary pairing and Catherine looked splendid.
Catherine looked gorgeous at the BAFTA Awards in those emerald jewels. For a split second, I thought she was wearing the Cambridge Emeralds. I had to calm down and take a closer look.

Those pics of her, the jewels and William, stole the night, IMO.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-19-2018, 06:20 PM
Majesty

Now that would of been something to see, Kate wearing those...they are a nicer set (IMO) that what she wore last night.

LaRae
Old 02-19-2018, 11:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really like this parure which, if they are a gift from a Middle East monarch, I prefer the design to the various sets of emeralds and rubies that Camilla has worn from a similar provenance. The simple style of the gown, coupled with Kate's pregnancy glow, suggests these jewels may never have a better 'canvas'.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Commonwealth Fashion Jewels for Sophie and Kate | The Court Jeweller

An elegant pair of earrings
Old 02-26-2018, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Move to the right thread, but whom does this necklace belong?

https://www.facebook.com/royalsEUROP...type=3&theater
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Move to the right thread, but whom does this necklace belong?

https://www.facebook.com/royalsEUROP...type=3&theater
QEII's Godman Necklace?
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Godman Necklace