The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2017, 10:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Most of the eternity rings I've seen tend to be simple/narrow and usually diamonds around the whole band.

The 'children' rings I've seen now and then, usually contain the birthstone of each child.

Of course a person has to have a certain amount of disposable income to get into eternity rings etc....and a desire to wear more rings. I think the birthstone/kids rings are more affordable though..seems like I saw them a couple years ago when one of my girls was looking at wedding sets.

LaRae
In the UK, eternity bands tend to be given after 7 years of marriage or after the birth of a child. Most tend to be diamonds only, though not exclusively so!

Old 10-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
She has a regular pair of emerald and diamond earrings she occasionally wears. She was also seen in a pair of emerald and diamond chandelier earrings set in yellow gold at a fund raiser in NY whilst pregnant with Charlotte.
Totally forgotten them! Thanks!

LaRae

Old 10-12-2017, 11:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
William and Harry were able to choose a keepsake from their mother's jewels, presumably before they were secured until they were of an age or married. William chose his mother's favourite watch, Harry her engagement ring. I read somewhere that years later they decided whoever married first would have the option of whether or not to give to their fiance.
I am aware of that. I was saying if that was not the case, proposing an alternate reality that the ring had been claimed by Harry, and Kate had to have a new ring. My point was if she had to have a new ring, would she choose a huge clunking stone or something more streamline?? IMO something more streamline, based on her jewelry tastes. She loves her ring IMO because of who it belonged to, the sentiment, more then the actual ring.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I am aware of that. I was saying if that was not the case, proposing an alternate reality that the ring had been claimed by Harry, and Kate had to have a new ring. My point was if she had to have a new ring, would she choose a huge clunking stone or something more streamline?? IMO something more streamline, based on her jewelry tastes. She loves her ring IMO because of who it belonged to, the sentiment, more then the actual ring.
That, IMO, is in the realm of pure speculation!
Old 10-13-2017, 01:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Isnt that what we do on this and every thread, speculate

Unless you have insider information, anything is speculation. Notice I stated IMO more then once. I never stated it as fact. I thought that was what we are here for, to discus. Perhaps I am wrong. It is my Opinion, based on her personal taste in jewelry she has worn since marriage.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
To claim she loves it is also 'pure' speculation. We just don't know, but we do know her taste and style, and from that one can make reasonable guesses regarding affinities, which I think is being done. Nothing the poster floated is beyond the pale of reasonable possibility. IMO. It's a high status ring because of it's associations. It may be 'loved' for that alone, not because it's a 'pretty ring' and a ring one would pick out oneself for oneself. She may be wearing it solely to please her husband. We don't know.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Isnt that what we do on this and every thread, speculate

Unless you have insider information, anything is speculation. Notice I stated IMO more then once. I never stated it as fact. I thought that was what we are here for, to discus. Perhaps I am wrong. It is my Opinion, based on her personal taste in jewelry she has worn since marriage.
I don't believe I was either doubting your opinion, or that it was your opinion. My statement was just a statement of fact which in itself is not inconsistent with your opinion. So all in all, not sure I see a reason for the rather defensive comments from you!
Old 10-13-2017, 04:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
To claim she loves it is also 'pure' speculation.
I don't believe I have suggested either way as to whether Catherine likes her ring or not. As you say later in the post, we just don't know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
We just don't know, but we do know her taste and style, and from that one can make reasonable guesses regarding affinities, which I think is being done. Nothing the poster floated is beyond the pale of reasonable possibility. IMO. It's a high status ring because of it's associations. It may be 'loved' for that alone, not because it's a 'pretty ring' and a ring one would pick out oneself for oneself. She may be wearing it solely to please her husband. We don't know.
Could not agree more with you!