The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #881  
Old 10-12-2017, 10:17 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Most of the eternity rings I've seen tend to be simple/narrow and usually diamonds around the whole band.

The 'children' rings I've seen now and then, usually contain the birthstone of each child.

Of course a person has to have a certain amount of disposable income to get into eternity rings etc....and a desire to wear more rings. I think the birthstone/kids rings are more affordable though..seems like I saw them a couple years ago when one of my girls was looking at wedding sets.


LaRae
In the UK, eternity bands tend to be given after 7 years of marriage or after the birth of a child. Most tend to be diamonds only, though not exclusively so!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #882  
Old 10-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 8,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
She has a regular pair of emerald and diamond earrings she occasionally wears. She was also seen in a pair of emerald and diamond chandelier earrings set in yellow gold at a fund raiser in NY whilst pregnant with Charlotte.
Totally forgotten them! Thanks!


LaRae
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #883  
Old 10-12-2017, 11:50 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
William and Harry were able to choose a keepsake from their mother's jewels, presumably before they were secured until they were of an age or married. William chose his mother's favourite watch, Harry her engagement ring. I read somewhere that years later they decided whoever married first would have the option of whether or not to give to their fiance.
I am aware of that. I was saying if that was not the case, proposing an alternate reality that the ring had been claimed by Harry, and Kate had to have a new ring. My point was if she had to have a new ring, would she choose a huge clunking stone or something more streamline?? IMO something more streamline, based on her jewelry tastes. She loves her ring IMO because of who it belonged to, the sentiment, more then the actual ring.
Reply With Quote
  #884  
Old 10-13-2017, 01:02 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I am aware of that. I was saying if that was not the case, proposing an alternate reality that the ring had been claimed by Harry, and Kate had to have a new ring. My point was if she had to have a new ring, would she choose a huge clunking stone or something more streamline?? IMO something more streamline, based on her jewelry tastes. She loves her ring IMO because of who it belonged to, the sentiment, more then the actual ring.
That, IMO, is in the realm of pure speculation!
Reply With Quote
  #885  
Old 10-13-2017, 01:10 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
That, IMO, is in the realm of pure speculation!
Isnt that what we do on this and every thread, speculate

Unless you have insider information, anything is speculation. Notice I stated IMO more then once. I never stated it as fact. I thought that was what we are here for, to discus. Perhaps I am wrong. It is my Opinion, based on her personal taste in jewelry she has worn since marriage.
Reply With Quote
  #886  
Old 10-13-2017, 01:10 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 4,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
That, IMO, is in the realm of pure speculation!
To claim she loves it is also 'pure' speculation. We just don't know, but we do know her taste and style, and from that one can make reasonable guesses regarding affinities, which I think is being done. Nothing the poster floated is beyond the pale of reasonable possibility. IMO. It's a high status ring because of it's associations. It may be 'loved' for that alone, not because it's a 'pretty ring' and a ring one would pick out oneself for oneself. She may be wearing it solely to please her husband. We don't know.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #887  
Old 10-13-2017, 04:43 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Isnt that what we do on this and every thread, speculate

Unless you have insider information, anything is speculation. Notice I stated IMO more then once. I never stated it as fact. I thought that was what we are here for, to discus. Perhaps I am wrong. It is my Opinion, based on her personal taste in jewelry she has worn since marriage.
I don't believe I was either doubting your opinion, or that it was your opinion. My statement was just a statement of fact which in itself is not inconsistent with your opinion. So all in all, not sure I see a reason for the rather defensive comments from you!
Reply With Quote
  #888  
Old 10-13-2017, 04:47 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
To claim she loves it is also 'pure' speculation.
I don't believe I have suggested either way as to whether Catherine likes her ring or not. As you say later in the post, we just don't know!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
We just don't know, but we do know her taste and style, and from that one can make reasonable guesses regarding affinities, which I think is being done. Nothing the poster floated is beyond the pale of reasonable possibility. IMO. It's a high status ring because of it's associations. It may be 'loved' for that alone, not because it's a 'pretty ring' and a ring one would pick out oneself for oneself. She may be wearing it solely to please her husband. We don't know.
Could not agree more with you!
Reply With Quote
  #889  
Old 10-25-2017, 02:30 AM
eya eya is online now
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 11,163
Queen Elizabeth jewelry: All of the monarch's jewels that have been borrowed by Duchess Kate - HELLO! US
Reply With Quote
  #890  
Old 11-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pinner, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,417
New [?] Bracelet tonight, I don't think this has been seen before ?
Reply With Quote
  #891  
Old 11-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
New [?] Bracelet tonight, I don't think this has been seen before ?
Probably one of The Queen’s bracelets. She wears so many over gloves.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #892  
Old 11-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 1,759
Yes, the bracelet is new for Kate.

She also wore diamond earrings on loan from the Queen today:
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img...te-1121942.jpg

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img...ate-876762.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Diamond Pendant Earrings
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Old 11-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 8,950
She's worn those earrings before too as I recall. Very nice.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Old 11-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 1,759
The bracelet is a loan from the Queen as well:
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Diamond Quatrefoil Bracelet
Reply With Quote
  #895  
Old 11-07-2017, 07:38 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,992
I knew the bracelet was a loan Fromm the Queen. Yes, she wore The Queen’s earrings before too.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Old 11-07-2017, 07:44 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 10,006
New Diamonds for Kate! | The Court Jeweller

A stunning bracelet!
Reply With Quote
  #897  
Old 11-07-2017, 07:59 PM
CrownPrincessJava's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ,, Australia
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
The bracelet is a loan from the Queen as well:
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Diamond Quatrefoil Bracelet
I thought it was a loan bracelet. The Queen and Catherine must have a good relationship - she is loaning some very sentimental pieces to Catherine
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Old 11-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 8,950
EDIT: Loaned bracelet, not new.


Love those earrings. So elegant.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Old 11-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 4,832
This is an absolutely gorgeous diamond bracelet, nice and big but appears light as well. Nothing like a really big diamond bracelet to perk up an outfit
Reply With Quote
  #900  
Old 11-11-2017, 01:01 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 10,006
The Nizam of Hyderabad Suite | The Court Jeweller

A mesmerizing and breathtaking necklace. So very beautiful and majestic.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Elizabeth II Jewels 3: January 2016 Tilia C. Royal Jewels 269 05-20-2018 01:11 AM
Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016 Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 519 01-05-2017 12:46 PM
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016 iceflower Archives 680 04-24-2016 03:22 AM
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to India - April 10-16, 2016 Rudolph The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 408 04-20-2016 06:24 AM




Popular Tags
antony armstrong-jones books british royal family camilla chris o'neill crown princess victoria crown princess victoria hats current events current events thread dutch royal family family fashion felipe vi general news helena hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín juan urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia line luxembourg meghan markle news pablo urdangarín porphyria prince charles prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales prince jean prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding smith soderberg spanish jewels state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family tony armstrong-jones victoria video games wedding wedding of prince harry



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises