The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2017, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

It's probably goes more at an auction. Look at what the Diana dresses, JFK stuff and even Margaret's jewelry all went above the estimates. It's a moot point because the ring isn't going to sold at time in the future,

Old 09-20-2017, 04:02 AM
Commoner

When they brought up the parure from her parents and said that a parure is pieces that go together they could of meant her parents made the earrings to go with the loan of the Halo tiara, thus in their eyes making it a parure since they go together.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The estimate for the ring is probably an auction price. I could easily see it fetching £300,000 or more at auction

After all it's 'the ring'.
Article goes as far as to say it isn't the auction value. It says the commission value, that at auction it would go for ten times that.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would love to see Catherine in a sapphire and diamond parure.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-20-2017, 09:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I get the impression that the Duchess is still getting used to big jewels. I don't thinks she's quite ready for a full parure. I think she looks young and fresher in the jewels she wears now. Let's wait until she's in her 40s (or even later) for the full Queen Max over-the-top treatment.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes me too..and it's not like she doesn't have access to some great ones.

LaRae
Old 09-20-2017, 11:17 PM
Majesty

I am sure if she did she would have worn them by now. The jewellery in the later Diana's will gave all of them to "her sons" and as we have seen Catherine has worn some serious royal bling. I think their mother's jewels will not be allocated until after Harry has a wife. It would hardly be fair to do so before which is why I am guessing the collection is largely intact.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I am sure if she did she would have worn them by now. The jewellery in the later Diana's will gave all of them to "her sons" and as we have seen Catherine has worn some serious royal bling. I think their mother's jewels will not be allocated until after Harry has a wife. It would hardly be fair to do so before which is why I am guessing the collection is largely intact.
She's already worn some of Diana's jewelry though so she does have access to at least some of it. We just don't know which pieces until we see them.

LaRae
Old 09-21-2017, 02:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
She's already worn some of Diana's jewelry though so she does have access to at least some of it. We just don't know which pieces until we see them.

LaRae
Of course, we don't know what jewels Diana left to her sons but I think Kate has access to all of these jewels and, when (and if) Harry marries, his wife will have the same access. It's not like any of the jewels Kate wears from this particular group will be unavailable to Harry. The women will simply be sharing. Kate wouldn't have to be greedy because she has the Queen's jewelry to wear whenever she wants, apparently.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:25 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I can see it now. Meghan living in an apartment at KP with Kate practically right next door and doing the girl thing that all young women with kids do.

Other than perhaps a stone from a piece that was Diana's to create an engagement right for Meghan, I do think the wives will swap and share whatever Diana left to her sons. Kind of makes it something extra special and I'm sure Diana would be smiling ear to ear watching her family grow and grow close to each other.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I can see it now. Meghan living in an apartment at KP with Kate practically right next door and doing the girl thing that all young women with kids do.

Other than perhaps a stone from a piece that was Diana's to create an engagement right for Meghan, I do think the wives will swap and share whatever Diana left to her sons. Kind of makes it something extra special and I'm sure Diana would be smiling ear to ear watching her family grow and grow close to each other.

That's been my thought...it is more or less in a 'pool' and either of the wives would be able to borrow it. I hope we start seeing more of it...she had some great pieces.

LaRae
Old 09-21-2017, 09:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
Of course, we don't know what jewels Diana left to her sons but I think Kate has access to all of these jewels and, when (and if) Harry marries, his wife will have the same access. It's not like any of the jewels Kate wears from this particular group will be unavailable to Harry. The women will simply be sharing. Kate wouldn't have to be greedy because she has the Queen's jewelry to wear whenever she wants, apparently.
There have not been too many pieces of Diana's that she has worn. There are several demi-parures, pearls, etc. and since her jewellery was left to her sons it is still there.

It was no surprise to see Catherine wearing sapphire cluster earrings given that they match her engagement ring and also that she would wear the diamond and pearl drops that Diana wore with the Lover's Knot tiara. But, the majority is still unseen.

Should Harry marry Meghan we have no idea as to whether these two women will become bosom buddies or merely friendly relatives and until after the marriage. I don't believe that Catherine has steady access to the collection at all and those pieces she has worn would have been agreed upon by Harry.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:01 PM
Majesty

Its possible given her ring and earrings she has worn, Kate will be given the sapphire pieces. And Meghan the other stones. Or they may mix. Meghan may get a larger share since Kate will one day have access to the crown jewels and what jewels the queen leaves to the main line and doesn't give to anne or her granddaughters. Who knows. We wont know until the time comes.

We also don't know that Kate and Meghan will be close. They may become like sisters. They may become close friends. They may simply be civil to each other for the sake of their husbands and kids. Not all sister in laws get along.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Other than perhaps a stone from a piece that was Diana's to create an engagement right for Meghan, I do think the wives will swap and share whatever Diana left to her sons.
That would be fine for now.
But things might get sticky for the next generation.
Which of Diana's grand-daughters (assuming there are more than just Charlotte) would get what?

It might have to be spelled out!
Old 09-21-2017, 10:57 PM
Nobility

This is a terrible thing to say, but I have always found that ring to be ugly. I think the shape is clunky, and I hate the big gold prongs holding the sapphire.

And you're right about the color, Wyevale. It's dull.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:06 PM
Majesty

The sapphire ring (Diana's engagement/Kate's) isn't really about the stone...it's more about the sentimental value.

LaRae
Old 09-21-2017, 11:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That would be fine for now.
But things might get sticky for the next generation.
Which of Diana's grand-daughters (assuming there are more than just Charlotte) would get what?

It might have to be spelled out!

I would imagine that will be handled privately by Harry and William if it comes to giving pieces individually to their heirs. It might just be kept in a family trust for their use...who knows.

LaRae
Old 10-11-2017, 02:22 AM
Majesty

Blue Topaz at Buckingham Palace for Kate | The Court Jeweller

Stunning earrings.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:03 AM
Majesty

I really like those!

LaRae
Old 10-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Good to see these earrings get good use.