Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Right, Diana's earrings were studs with faceted sapphires. Kate's sapphires are cabouchon, so one can't argue that the setting has been changed. But they are lovely and suit her well, imo.

Are they Diana’s but altered? There are differences.

Discussion over whether there’s a different pearl pendant

The pearls are suspected to be her Collingwood pearls. I would of loved to have seen the earrings worn as they originally were...that's a lovely big pearl on the Diana version.

LaRae

The pearls are suspected to be her Collingwood pearls. I would of loved to have seen the earrings worn as they originally were...that's a lovely big pearl on the Diana version.

LaRae

They do look like the Collingwood pearl pendants that have been added.

Those earring are stunning maybe we might get a close up of the bracelet later.

The earrings are stunning. Quite a statement piece.

Catherine has also learnt the art of less is more by wearing such distinctive pearl earring settings, the pearl drops have been replaced by slimmer, more oyster coloured ones. Style wise it looks great but I don't think she has the confidence to wear the whole deal just yet.

Her bracelet is quite beautiful and she knows that a necklace would have looked OTT and been at war with the flower ruffles at the shoulder. I have to admit that I would love to have seen her wear some significant coloured stones in the earrings and bracelets. The earrings from which the replacement pearls came from would have been gorgeous and take the edge off the slight 'bridal' look.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzESDFdWkAEez-2.jpg

Yes, wear those jewels, Catherine!

So these are Diana’s earrings, she wore them without any pearl drop and also with a different pearl drop than these. Beautifully flattering updo, I love the way they have placed the volume of her hair, perfect for her face.

Last edited:
I have always described these earrings as being of a crescent moon diamond earring with a pearl drop. To distinguish this pair from the Qatar diamond earrings with a pearl drop.
The Qatar pair have a floral design at the ear.
The BAFTA pair first worn by Diana in 1990.
It is very exciting to see which jewels of Diana's Catherine will wear. She really rocks a great Princess/Duchess look at the BAFTAS with Her Majesties quatrefoil bracelet as well.

I have to admit that I would love to have seen her wear some significant coloured stones in the earrings and bracelets. The earrings from which the replacement pearls came from would have been gorgeous and take the edge off the slight 'bridal' look.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzESDFdWkAEez-2.jpg

I have to disagree. I am glad she kept her jewellery to pearl and diamonds, and did not add colour to her accessories. Not sure they would have worked very well with this light, willowy dress.

I think the diamond & pearl jewellery pieces she chose were perfect for the dress, her status & the occasion. It's lovely to see her wear Diana's earrings & the Queen's bracelet.

I think the diamond & pearl jewellery pieces she chose were perfect for the dress, her status & the occasion. It's lovely to see her wear Diana's earrings & the Queen's bracelet.

I have to agree. I think the bracelet adds a level of sparkle to the whole ensemble, and clearly establishes her senior royal status.

I have to agree. I think the bracelet adds a level of sparkle to the whole ensemble, and clearly establishes her senior royal status.
Yes, she's looking like the Princess of Wales she'll probably become. I just wish there were even more formal and glamorous occasions for her to wear all the jewellery at her disposal!

Yes, she's looking like the Princess of Wales she'll probably become. I just wish there were even more formal and glamorous occasions for her to wear all the jewellery at her disposal!

Yes!! :flowers:
Oh, for another state dinner!

Yes!! :flowers:
Oh, for another state dinner!

We are seeing her big jewel-up events (not all tiara events though) calendar for the year gradually build up. In summary:

1) Usually, and the last few years have not been a good guide to this, the UK has 2 incoming state visits per year - TIARA EVENTS

2) The Cambridge's typically do 1 big overseas official tour, this may increase to 2 trips soon. Increasingly, these will could have at least one formal dinner per tour - NO TIARA EVENT

3) Annual Diplomatic Reception in December - TIARA EVENT

4) BAFTA - NO TIARA EVENT

5) Royal Variety Show every 3 years - NO TIARA EVENT

6) Other charitable events: 1-2 per year

2) The Cambridge's typically do 1 big overseas official tour, this may increase to 2 trips soon. Increasingly, these will could have at least one formal dinner per tour - NO TIARA EVENT

It is treally a pitiy that they have skipped the tiara on thei offical foreign tours. That would be great occasions to bring out the smaller tiara's like the Halo tiara or the different bandeau's from Queen Mary.
But often there is not even a formal dinner anymore on these foreign tours.

I agree, and more tiaras!

It is treally a pitiy that they have skipped the tiara on thei offical foreign tours. That would be great occasions to bring out the smaller tiara's like the Halo tiara or the different bandeau's from Queen Mary.
But often there is not even a formal dinner anymore on these foreign tours.

I am thinking that when they begin participating in overseas state dinners, we will probably see a tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom