The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-01-2017, 01:13 PM
Royal Highness

IMO, Catherine has been appropriately dressed for virtually every occasion since the day the engagement was announced.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
IMO, Catherine has been appropriately dressed for virtually every occasion since the day the engagement was announced.
I absolutely agree with this. I may not like everything she has worn, but IMHO it has all been appropriate.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree!
She always looks appropriate, whether or not I like what she is wearing.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Totally agree. She is always well-dressed and appropriate for the occasion. I get annoyed when people talk about what she SHOULD HAVE worn or what THEY would wear instead. Who cares. If you don't like the outfit Catherine is wearing, fine but don't be nasty about it. That's my objection. Negativity is so exhausting.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

IMO the only mistake she has made with clothing was early on with the wind/skirt issue but that seems to have been corrected...been quite some time since there's been an incident.

However she's always been appropriately dressed. 90% of the time I like her clothing.

LaRae
Old 08-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Pranter - I was thinking much the same when I saw the Belgium photos. Catherine fumbled a bit with wind resistant skirts in the beginning, but she's not had an issue since the Australia tour.

The criticism she receives for her wardrobe now is largely hypocritical - people saying she's dressed inappropriately for events when other royals (including the Queen) have dressed similar at similar events.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Those lovely coat dresses stay put.

LaRae
Old 08-16-2017, 01:02 AM
Majesty

Princess Diana's Bracelet Designer Revealed | The Court Jeweller

A very beautiful bracelet.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:13 AM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers' Favorite Tiaras, The Rematch: #5. The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara (Queen Mary's)

I love this tiara. So regal, elegant and beautiful. It has a majestic look. It is grand without being ostentatious. It's a tiara that belongs to a fairytale.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Majesty

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Pearl and Diamond Leaf Brooch

This brooch is very regal and beautiful.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton's £600k of jewels since marrying William | Daily Mail Online

Article on Kate's jewellery collection
Old 09-18-2017, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
She has acquired some very nice pieces.

I wish they'd shown the parure that was said to be a wedding gift from her parents; I know she wore the earrings on the day, but I would like to view the entire set.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
She has acquired some very nice pieces.

I wish they'd shown the parure that was said to be a wedding gift from her parents; I know she wore the earrings on the day, but I would like to view the entire set.
Not sure there is any evidence, other than the DM article, that there is a parure at all.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Not sure there is any evidence, other than the DM article, that there is a parure at all.
I've never heard about a parure. I thought they gave her only earrings. If there are other pieces, I'm sure she would have worn them by now.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I wish newspapers would stop quoting completely unrealistic values for jewelry worn by royals. Having a friend who is in the jewelry business, I know that some of these figures are completely exaggerated.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:47 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
I wish newspapers would stop quoting completely unrealistic values for jewelry worn by royals. Having a friend who is in the jewelry business, I know that some of these figures are completely exaggerated.
I totally agree with you, countess felicitas. I was involved with a goldsmith for years and the actual markup of jewelry is outrageous compared to its actual value. There's a world of difference between the cost of a piece of jewelry and the actual value of a piece of jewelry.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Regarding the jewelry the Middletons commission for the wedding. What we saw was earrings for Kate, earrings for Pippa which she wore again on her wedding day, acorn tie pins for Mike and James and a necklace and earrings for Carole. I think that's it. If Kate had some sort of matching necklace, we would have seen it by now.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:02 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think we would have seen it by now too. Those kind of pieces are the kind that cannot have any kind of monetary value put on them because for sentimental reasons, they're priceless. The Middletons could have paid $10 a piece for them and they'd mean the same if they cost $10,000.

In the world of jewelry, there is a vast difference between cost and value. That's why I have to laugh when publications put "prices" on things. We may see the cost that someone else could buy the same item for but then again, with a royal wearing a piece, a seller knows that they can mark up the price and get even more for the piece because they're "in demand".
Old 09-19-2017, 07:32 AM
Serene Highness

The £300,000 estimate for the engagement ring is especially exaggerated..

Costing £28.000 when bought for Lady Diana Spencer in 1981 the sapphire altho' quite large is a dull blue/black far removed from the deep blue of [say] old Kashmiri stones which would easily justify such a price...
Old 09-19-2017, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

The estimate for the ring is probably an auction price. I could easily see it fetching £300,000 or more at auction

After all it's 'the ring'.