The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-10-2016, 02:21 AM
Majesty

Not a fan of the earrings. They look too big. Beautiful stones, and happy she had her hair back to show them off, but still just seems too big in proportion. The bracelet is stunning.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I agree this is a set that deserves the stunning and regal label.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

https://twitter.com/HRHDuchesskate/s...82044983635968

Kate's new statement earrings from Indian jeweller Amrapali - at tonights Bollywood gala

Old 04-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Another picture;
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0301338502.jpg

I personally don't like the earrings I think they're far too big and don't fit the outfit well.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Royal Tour of India and Bhutan: Oval Maidan and Banganga Water Tank | The Court Jeweller

More on her her £8 Accessorise earrings from this afternoon's cricket game in Mumbai. Nicely match her casual look for the day (side note she is wearing Monsoon wedges and her earrings are by its sister company Accessorise)

Old 04-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Another picture;
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0301338502.jpg

I personally don't like the earrings I think they're far too big and don't fit the outfit well.
I quite like the earrings myself, although I don't think we are used to seeing her wearing large earrings like that.

A pair of diamond a sapphire earnings would have looked good for the outfit though!
Old 04-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Royal Highness

Like I said in her fashion thread; these earrings wouldn't look out of place in Queen Máxima's collection, which is a compliment.

My only complaint with it is that the rim (?) of the earrings seem to be copper/gold plated and the beading on her dress is silver. Jewelry and a dress should compliment eachother, not contradict one another.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

I still think her mother-in-law's sapphire and diamond jewels would've complimented her evening dress beautifully.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Nobility

The dress is FAR too intricate for flashy jewellery. Diamonds would've been way, way over the top. She made the right choice, the star of the show is the dress, as it should be considering it's been specially embroidered in India for her.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she has done well I have some of that companies earrings they are cheap and great for the period of time you want them ... good for her
Old 04-10-2016, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I also think Lapis a good choice for the venue. I reach for my Lapis all the time. It dresses up and down equally well. Plus the stone has such a long history.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Nobility

I like the earrings but too heavy for the dress.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Basically, her outfits and jewels were meant to be a compliment to India, honouring Indian style, patterns, craftsmanship. These earrings were chosen because they are of contemporary Indian making. It's giving a diplomatic message that no old family heirloom could convey, imho.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Royal Tour of India and Bhutan: Charity Gala in Mumbai | The Court Jeweller

I wonder where these maybe a gift at the start of the tour - maybe they asked what Kate would like and KP suggested a piece of Indian jewellery to match her gown?

Old 04-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Like I said in her fashion thread; these earrings wouldn't look out of place in Queen Máxima's collection, which is a compliment.
I'm afraid I can't agree, Maxima has worn some truly awful jewellery.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Majesty

Not a fan of the blue earrings. Too big and too much. Some people can pull them off. Maxima (I agree she has some misses often enough as well) can pull the big costume pieces off. On Kate they look odd IMO.

I like the day time ones much better though they remind me a bit of a dream catcher. They suit the casual outfit and look nice on her.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:53 PM
Majesty

In my opinion, the earrings worn for the gala were really beautiful and, for once, I think it was nice to see Kate display more showy jewellery.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
The dress is FAR too intricate for flashy jewellery. Diamonds would've been way, way over the top. She made the right choice, the star of the show is the dress, as it should be considering it's been specially embroidered in India for her.
I agree. The lapis and diamond earrings compliment the dress and are a nod to the host nation.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Majesty

Kate wows Bollywood with £2,500 Indian designer earrings (after she wore an £8 pair from Accessorize earlier)* | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I don't mind the earrings and its always nice to see the duchess trying new pieces out and I think they compliment her outfit very well.