The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2017, 11:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
I imagine Harry's future wife will be allowed to borrow any piece of jewelry she wishes but it will never "belong" to her, it will belong to the Queen and later to King Charles and King William. And the only reason most people are reminded of Diana when Kate wears the Cambridge Knot is because the newspapers insist on pointing it out. It belongs to the Queen who used to wear it often during the 50s and 60s.
Um Diana's collection is not associated with the jewels of the monarchs. If Harry wanted to gift that choker for her until death who are we to say otherwise?

Old 07-15-2017, 01:37 AM
Aristocracy

Clk qmlk

ldmemail said: "Actually the person who made that post is perfectly correct, the Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara was given to Princess Augusta, Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg Strelitz née Princess of Cambridge.
Queen Mary had a copy made for herself which is the Lovers Knot Tiara that the Duchess of Cambridge wears today"

Yes, the tiara that has graced the heads of Queen Mary, QE II, Diana, Princess of Wales, and The Duchess of Cambridge is a copy of a tiara owned by Queen Mary's Aunt Augusta. Confusingly though, this is often called by the same name as Aunt Augusta's Tiara.

However, the post I'm referring to was confusing in it's language as it could be read as there being two different BRITISH Tiaras and that Catherine was wearing a different one than Diana wore. I simply reiterated that whatever one may call it, The Cambridge Lover's Knot or Queen Mary's Lover's Knot, the tiara on Catherine's head two nights ago was the exact same tiara that has been worn by Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth II, Diana, Princess of Wales.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
All of QEQMs jewellery - including the Greville bequest were left to HMQ.

The Delhi Durbar tiara is part of the Royal jewels held by HMQ

Camilla has these jewels for her life time, and then they return to the Monarch

Any personal jewels - The Shand tiara, some of her brooches, personal gifts from PoW - she can dispose of as she wishes.

What about Camilla's engagement ring? That once belonged to the Queen Mother. Does that mean that after Camilla's death, it returns to the RF?
Old 07-15-2017, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Charles would probably be King in that event, and so it would remain with the BRF. I can't see Camilla leaving that particular ring to her children anyway. The engagement ring Andrew gave her maybe, but not that one.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Charles would probably be King in that event, and so it would remain with the BRF. I can't see Camilla leaving that particular ring to her children anyway. The engagement ring Andrew gave her maybe, but not that one.

What happens if Camilla outlives Charles?
Old 07-15-2017, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

This thread has seriously gone off topic. There is Camilla jewelry thread that all this should move to.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
What happens if Camilla outlives Charles?
The royal jewels, including her engagement ring, will retrurn to the royal vaults.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The royal jewels, including her engagement ring, will retrurn to the royal vaults.
There is no such thing as "the royal jewels".

There are jewels formally belonging to the queen (private property). The queen can leave them to Charles, or Camilla, or John Smith. Future owners will make their own decisions.
Queen-mother's jewelry is in this category.

There are Camilla's private pieces. She can leave them to Charles, children or again John Smith.

There are gifts (Saudi necklaces, etc.). They belongs to The Royal Collections. Camilla has them for life.

Her engagement ring belongs to 1st or 2nd category. No automatic return.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I guess I don't understand the quagmire...if they are gifts from Charles to Camilla then they are hers to do whatever she wants with...however anything belonging to the Monarchy will go back or remain there. I don't imagine Charles is going to gift Camilla with anything belonging to the Monarchy.

LaRae

Camilla has received pieces that belonged to QEQM, should those pieces go to her children of a previous marriage, or should they go to William or Harry. I think those pieces should stay with the royal family. Pieces bought for her could go either way, although, I think those should stay also. Pieces that she brought into the marriage, should go to her children.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:04 PM
Majesty

I don't believe those were given to Camilla to 'keep'...I believe she understands on her death they go back to the BRF...those pieces that were from the QM.

Her private jewelry bought for her by Charles are hers to dispose of as she wishes.

LaRae
Old 07-15-2017, 03:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There are many, many beautiful items that already exist and as the times change and tiara and big bling events become the exception rather than the norm, I think the vault will be used more and more and "new" pieces become more of a rarity.
It makes me so sad to think that there will be less tiara events. I wish the BRF would go back to the days of wearing tiaras at royal performance events--basically at any chance possible. I wonder why they do not have as many tiara events as the Scandinavian Royal families.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Please keep this thread on the Duchess of Cambridge's jewels. The Duchess of Cornwall has her own jewels thread here: Duchess of Cornwall Jewels 8: January 2016 -

Old 07-17-2017, 02:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
There is no such thing as "the royal jewels".

There are jewels formally belonging to the queen (private property). The queen can leave them to Charles, or Camilla, or John Smith. Future owners will make their own decisions.
Queen-mother's jewelry is in this category.

There are Camilla's private pieces. She can leave them to Charles, children or again John Smith.

There are gifts (Saudi necklaces, etc.). They belongs to The Royal Collections. Camilla has them for life.

Her engagement ring belongs to 1st or 2nd category. No automatic return.
By royal jewels, I mean jewels Camilla received from:

> the Queen,
> those that belonged to QEQM or other royal ancestors
> jewels that are or were part of the Royal Collection
> jewels received by Camilla in her role as Princess of Wales and th Duchess of Cornwall

I would expect these to continue to remain as part of the private collection of the RF or be a part of the Royal Collection.

Other jewels that she had, including those that she brought to the marriage, received as private gifts or were presents from Prince Charles will be ones that she can choose to will as she chooses. Some of these will probably go to her children, and some may become part of the private collection of the royal family.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:43 AM
Majesty

Any better pictures or ID on what looks like a ruby and diamond pendant and matching earrings worn at arrival in Warsaw today by the Duchess?
Old 07-17-2017, 10:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Any better pictures or ID on what looks like a ruby and diamond pendant and matching earrings worn at arrival in Warsaw today by the Duchess?
better pics
https://twitter.com/WhatKateWore/sta...33684816838656
Old 07-17-2017, 11:10 AM
Majesty

Some serious rubies there
Old 07-17-2017, 11:20 AM
Royal Highness

Good Rubies in VERY undistinguished settings [alas]...The Earrings are good, the Pendant less so, and the ring isn't at all worthy of its stone...
Old 07-17-2017, 11:22 AM
Royal Highness

Are we sure they are rubies? My guess is that they might be garnets. Rubies that size is quite large, and I seem to remember garnets having some connection to poland.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Love the matching set.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness

Garnets are also Catherine's birthstone.