The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Catherine has worn those pearl earrings on several occasions, both day and evening. And I will bet she has worn many pieces of Diana's personal jewelry that we just haven't noticed. I mean, none of us know ALL the personal jewelry Diana had in her collection, do we?

I also think Diana left her estate to both her boys and they haven't split anything since Harry has no use for her jewelry at the moment and I doubt there will be a problem in the future over which wife wants to wear what. After all, Kate will eventually have the run of the royal vault.
Well that's why I think they will either share the jewels or split the jewels in half.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Aristocracy

I like that there's a bit of a mismatch with the bandeau necklace and the pearl tiara and earrings. It reminds me of Queen Mary and Queen Alexandra and how they piled it on. They treated pearls as neutrals, like diamonds, so why shouldn't Catherine?

The present queen also sometimes wears her big ruby and diamond floret earrings with her pearls for an evening look.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
I'm going to be crucified for saying this, but it's horribly mismatched! Pearl, diamonds and rubies, she should have gone with pearls/diamonds or just diamonds/rubies but not all three.

I don't see how she could have done that, since she had to wear a tiara, and both the Lover's Knot and the Lotus have both diamonds and pearls. The Halo doesn't, but it would have looked too insignificant compared to the massive tiaras most of the other royal ladies were wearing.

The necklace was probably a special loan for this particular occasion, so she had to wear that as well.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Nobility

Wow. I love the jewels. I don't see a mismatch- and this is coming from someone who tends to gravitate towards having things coordinate and match. But I don't see a problem here. It works imo.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Courtier

That necklace is one of the most exquisite pieces of royal jewelry I've seen, ever. How have I missed it all these years?
I think the contrast between the delicate nature of the dress and the bold piece of jewelry is perfect, and the low-ish neckline shows it off well.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
That necklace is one of the most exquisite pieces of royal jewelry I've seen, ever. How have I missed it all these years?

I think the contrast between the delicate nature of the dress and the bold piece of jewelry is perfect, and the low-ish neckline shows it off well.

Oh I agree with you - the necklace is spectacular and compliments the dress beautifully!
Old 07-12-2017, 06:48 PM
Royal Highness

I like to think that this basic ass blush pink dress is a good canvas for the fantastic jewelry she has on tonight. Because those are splendid
Old 07-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I think that necklace has been in storage for a number of years..a shame but you can only wear that with a certain type of dress and I don't think the Queen has wore that type of neckline in a long long time.

LaRae
Old 07-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
Very true!! Excited when Harry gets married to see which jewels the wives get. Hoping Harry wife wears the sapphire and pearl choker necklace!
Kate seems to wear quite a bit of Sapphire jewelry so we'll see if it shows up as that piece or re-worked in the future.

LaRae
Old 07-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Catherine has worn those pearl earrings on several occasions, both day and evening. And I will bet she has worn many pieces of Diana's personal jewelry that we just haven't noticed. I mean, none of us know ALL the personal jewelry Diana had in her collection, do we?

I also think Diana left her estate to both her boys and they haven't split anything since Harry has no use for her jewelry at the moment and I doubt there will be a problem in the future over which wife wants to wear what. After all, Kate will eventually have the run of the royal vault.
I don't recall seeing her wear them before...do recall any specific event?

I'm sure there were pieces folks don't even know about, she had a lot of costume jewelry as well ...I'm referring to known pieces though.

LaRae
Old 07-12-2017, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Fabulous necklace, boy that mrs. Grenville really did know how to buy jewelry! Her poor posture almost ruins the effect for me. Kate, please watch letitzia
Old 07-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
I'm going to be crucified for saying this, but it's horribly mismatched! Pearl, diamonds and rubies, she should have gone with pearls/diamonds or just diamonds/rubies but not all three.
Horribly mismatched indeed. The only thing I can think is that she was going to wear a red dress and found out Letizia was and so changed.

I think the pairing of the Lovers Knot Tiara and Diana's Collingworth Pearl and Diamond Earrings are a match made in heaven. They really look beautiful and create a balanced effect. Unfortunately, the appearance of the magnificent and beauteous Ruby and Diamond Floral Bandeau Necklace stuck in her cleavage was like fingernails on a chalkboard. The Bandeau is worthy of a sonnet and there it sits, it's beautiful, dainty and feminine rubies and diamonds spent the evening arguing with the prissy pink lace that had it surrounded.

I look forward to seeing it in a perfect setting as Catherine certainly has the long neck and decolletage to provide the perfect canvas for the Ruby and Diamond Floral Bandeau Necklace. All she needed was the right frame and the pink gown wasn't it even if it did have an overly deep Hollywood plunge going on.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree , she was not Royal at all and without any oder she was like Marie Christine of Kent and his daughter (minor Royals)
The actuel Royals (not Queen Maxima) are wearing tiara , earrings and bracelet.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
only wear that with a certain type of dress
I beg to disagree... for a more contemporary look the necklace would look amazing against a high, round necked,column dress in matte grey/anthracite or black.. Like something Sheika Mozah might wear ?
Old 07-13-2017, 08:57 AM
Aristocracy

I think pearls are neutral enough to wear with different colored gems. It worked for me. Loved the neckline with necklace as well.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
I think pearls are neutral enough to wear with different colored gems. It worked for me. Loved the neckline with necklace as well.

I agree. I thought it looked amazing and I'll always be excited when she wears a new and major piece from the collection.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Horribly mismatched indeed. The only thing I can think is that she was going to wear a red dress and found out Letizia was and so changed.

I think the pairing of the Lovers Knot Tiara and Diana's Collingworth Pearl and Diamond Earrings are a match made in heaven. They really look beautiful and create a balanced effect. Unfortunately, the appearance of the magnificent and beauteous Ruby and Diamond Floral Bandeau Necklace stuck in her cleavage was like fingernails on a chalkboard. The Bandeau is worthy of a sonnet and there it sits, it's beautiful, dainty and feminine rubies and diamonds spent the evening arguing with the prissy pink lace that had it surrounded.

I look forward to seeing it in a perfect setting as Catherine certainly has the long neck and decolletage to provide the perfect canvas for the Ruby and Diamond Floral Bandeau Necklace. All she needed was the right frame and the pink gown wasn't it even if it did have an overly deep Hollywood plunge going on.

That is an interesting possibility. I am sure there is communication between royals about what the two Queens are wearing but perhaps this doesn't extend to other royal ladies . I really want to believe, like you, that she will wear this wonderful necklace again with a more fitting gown.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:23 PM
Gentry

[QUOTE=DanyT;2002087]I think pearls are neutral enough to wear with different colored gems. It worked for me. Loved the neckline with necklace as well.[/QUOTE

Agreed. And, in my book, there is no such thing as "mismatched" jewelry. The duchess looked amazing and that necklace looked great with the earrings and tiara. I love the way the necklace looked with the low-cut light pink dress. Too bad we didn't get a really good look at the whole outfit.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
Very true!! Excited when Harry gets married to see which jewels the wives get. Hoping Harry wife wears the sapphire and pearl choker necklace!
I agree! I so want either Kate or Harry's wife to wear that pearl/sapphire choker. That is a magnificent piece of jewelry. It is to amazing to stay out of sight for too long.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I agree! I so want either Kate or Harry's wife to wear that pearl/sapphire choker. That is a magnificent piece of jewelry. It is to amazing to stay out of sight for too long.
Diana certainly had some magnificent jewelry and I hope we get to see more of it on Kate now that she and William are attending more high profile events.