The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
I'm going to be crucified for saying this, but it's horribly mismatched! Pearl, diamonds and rubies, she should have gone with pearls/diamonds or just diamonds/rubies but not all three.

I agree with you. It's good to see major jewels been worn by Kate but I think this is ill matched. The delicacy of the pink gown also seems to require a lighter touch in the accompanying jewels.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I agree with you. It's good to see major jewels been worn by Kate but I think this is ill matched. The delicacy of the pink gown also seems to require a lighter touch in the accompanying jewels.
Ithink the startiong point her was the Greville necklace. The Lovers Knot is her main tiara now. The earrings are just bridging the gap between them, and the dress is in in a supporting role

Old 07-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
so happy!! Kate is gettng into the royal jewelry box
Yes it is indeed,lets hope we see more of the duchess at future events,the tiara is stunning as usual.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Catherine is also wearing Diana's earrings. The same earrings Diana used to wear with Queen Mary's Lovers Knot Tiara.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post

I agree with you.
She looks amazing, the tiara and earrings (so delighted to see these pearls again!) together are exquisite.
The dress and necklace together is a wonderful combination!
But altogether... to me it is just screaming mismatched! But the jewellery is so fabulous, I suppose one must forgive all!
Major points awarded though for glittering in family jewels.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

But still no Family Order ??
Old 07-12-2017, 04:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
But still no Family Order ??
No, ivory is the issue.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
No, ivory is the issue.
I presume this is a guess on your part
Old 07-12-2017, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

I think [in this case] the three stones work together, as with the Rubies 'chime' with the pale Pink gown, and [under artificial light] Pearls will pick up the Pink and reds, and take on a pinkish cast themselves.
It is a delight to see this long unworn necklace again, and with the plunging neckline it demands..
Bravo, Ma'am.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

She looked stunning, imo. I'm so excited to see that necklace on her, it fits great with that gown. Her elegant chignon was great for the serious tiara, which Queen Mary's lover's knot definitely is. And Diana's earings, as the cherries on the icing.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
I'm going to be crucified for saying this, but it's horribly mismatched! Pearl, diamonds and rubies, she should have gone with pearls/diamonds or just diamonds/rubies but not all three.
I quite agree with you, in looking at the color of her gown, I can't decide if it is lavender, pink or what color it is. The best bet would be diamonds and rubies as I am a ruby lover of that gem stone. All 3 of the gem stones take away from each other...to much going on there, as they say, less is more!

And a low cut gown for a state event? Will I be burned at the stake for that comment? IMO that would of been more for a private event instead of a royal event.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Catherine is also wearing Diana's earrings. The same earrings Diana used to wear with Queen Mary's Lovers Knot Tiara.
So happy to finally see the DoC wearing the same jewels I used to see Diana wearing all the time...even though it kind of puts a lump in my throat. Gosh I miss that lady!

Kate looks amazing in them.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Gentry

Wow so is she going to get all of Diana jewels? I thought Harry and William will split all the jewels in half? Also, Is the necklace hers to keep as well?
Old 07-12-2017, 04:31 PM
Serene Highness

A knock-out. A total thrill to see Diana's earrings.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I presume this is a guess on your part
Nope! Not at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
So happy to finally see the DoC wearing the same jewels I used to see Diana wearing all the time...even though it kind of puts a lump in my throat. Gosh I miss that lady!

She just dazzled tonight. Stunning and, yes, it's very touching that Catherine is wearing these jewels that her late mother-in-law once wore.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
I quite agree with you, in looking at the color of her gown, I can't decide if it is lavender, pink or what color it is. The best bet would be diamonds and rubies as I am a ruby lover of that gem stone. All 3 of the gem stones take away from each other...to much going on there, as they say, less is more!

And a low cut gown for a state event? Will I be burned at the stake for that comment? IMO that would of been more for a private event instead of a royal event.

I think Kate can get away with the neckline because she's not busty.

LaRae
Old 07-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

It is quite nice to see the tiara and the earrings back together again!!

Kitty it is thought the boys split the jewelry ...not that they couldn't loan pieces out to each other's wives and since Harry is not yet married it's possible Kate is wearing pieces Harry chose...that said, I think this is the first piece of personal jewelry Kate has worn (other than the engagement ring) that belonged to Diana....and Diana had quite a bit of jewelry. I'm sure there's more to see in the future.

LaRae
Old 07-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
Wow so is she going to get all of Diana jewels? I thought Harry and William will split all the jewels in half? Also, Is the necklace hers to keep as well?
The necklace belongs to the Queen herself (not the BRF) so that will be left to whomever the Queen chooses...so we don't know who will get it yet.

LaRae
Old 07-12-2017, 05:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Kitty it is thought the boys split the jewelry ...not that they couldn't loan pieces out to each other's wives and since Harry is not yet married it's possible Kate is wearing pieces Harry chose...that said, I think this is the first piece of personal jewelry Kate has worn (other than the engagement ring) that belonged to Diana....and Diana had quite a bit of jewelry. I'm sure there's more to see in the future.
If I'm not mistaken, Catherine has worn those pearl earrings on several occasions, both day and evening. And I will bet she has worn many pieces of Diana's personal jewelry that we just haven't noticed. I mean, none of us know ALL the personal jewelry Diana had in her collection, do we?

I also think Diana left her estate to both her boys and they haven't split anything since Harry has no use for her jewelry at the moment and I doubt there will be a problem in the future over which wife wants to wear what. After all, Kate will eventually have the run of the royal vault.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It is quite nice to see the tiara and the earrings back together again!!

LaRae
Very true!! Excited when Harry gets married to see which jewels the wives get. Hoping Harry wife wears the sapphire and pearl choker necklace!