Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said in her fashion thread; these earrings wouldn't look out of place in Queen Máxima's collection, which is a compliment.

My only complaint with it is that the rim (?) of the earrings seem to be copper/gold plated and the beading on her dress is silver. Jewelry and a dress should compliment eachother, not contradict one another.

I still think her mother-in-law's sapphire and diamond jewels would've complimented her evening dress beautifully.

The dress is FAR too intricate for flashy jewellery. Diamonds would've been way, way over the top. She made the right choice, the star of the show is the dress, as it should be considering it's been specially embroidered in India for her.

I think she has done well I have some of that companies earrings they are cheap and great for the period of time you want them ... good for her

I also think Lapis a good choice for the venue. I reach for my Lapis all the time. It dresses up and down equally well. Plus the stone has such a long history.

Basically, her outfits and jewels were meant to be a compliment to India, honouring Indian style, patterns, craftsmanship. These earrings were chosen because they are of contemporary Indian making. It's giving a diplomatic message that no old family heirloom could convey, imho.

Like I said in her fashion thread; these earrings wouldn't look out of place in Queen Máxima's collection, which is a compliment.

I'm afraid I can't agree, Maxima has worn some truly awful jewellery.

Not a fan of the blue earrings. Too big and too much. Some people can pull them off. Maxima (I agree she has some misses often enough as well) can pull the big costume pieces off. On Kate they look odd IMO.

I like the day time ones much better though they remind me a bit of a dream catcher. They suit the casual outfit and look nice on her.

In my opinion, the earrings worn for the gala were really beautiful and, for once, I think it was nice to see Kate display more showy jewellery.

The dress is FAR too intricate for flashy jewellery. Diamonds would've been way, way over the top. She made the right choice, the star of the show is the dress, as it should be considering it's been specially embroidered in India for her.
I agree. The lapis and diamond earrings compliment the dress and are a nod to the host nation.

I don't mind the earrings and its always nice to see the duchess trying new pieces out and I think they compliment her outfit very well.

I still think her mother-in-law's sapphire and diamond jewels would've complimented her evening dress beautifully.

At this point I don't think Kate has access to them until Harry weds to split them 50/50. I believe she should've worn diamond jewelry she usually wears

I cant honestly see spending 2500 on those earrings. I know there are diamond, but they are lost in the earring (only noticed them close up). They look more like costume jewelry to me. If she was going to spend that kind of money on earrings, I'd have preferred something more streamline, something she can easily wear to other events and outfits. I don't see these ones making an appearance often.

With all the sapphires at her disposal, she selects these to wear? Sorry, folks. They just don't do it for me.

She could have borrowed the Queen Mother sapphire earrings or her diamond earrings. These earrings are just not good imo

At this point I don't think Kate has access to them until Harry weds to split them 50/50. I believe she should've worn diamond jewelry she usually wears

I dont think she have to wait for Harry to marry to wear some of those jewels.

I think the large and dramatic earrings tied her outfit together beautifully and framed her face nicely. Smaller ones of whatever stone might have tended to look a little 'dinky', and the diamond sparkle was reflective of the beading sparkle of the gown.

Sorry folks...these are awful...they look like cheap costume jewelry.

LaRae

I cant honestly see spending 2500 on those earrings. I know there are diamond, but they are lost in the earring (only noticed them close up). They look more like costume jewelry to me. If she was going to spend that kind of money on earrings, I'd have preferred something more streamline, something she can easily wear to other events and outfits. I don't see these ones making an appearance often.

Disagree. She often wears blue, so I can see her wearing these earrings on a fairly regular basis. In fact, she might have worn these earrings with the blue gown she wore at KP a few days ago, except she wanted to debut these earrings in India for obvious reasons.

They definitely fit the style of earrings she likes. They actually remind me of two different pair of earrings she used to wear before she married William. Those two pair were black stones, but it was the same style. Here's a picture of her wearing them - http://img.spokeo.com/public/900-600/kate_middleton_2007_05_17.jpg

For a closeup of her other similar pair of earrings she wore (they're on the left) -
https://www.facebook.com/1324261968...2426196846254/299468316808707/?type=3&theater

Last edited:
I dont think she have to wait for Harry to marry to wear some of those jewels.

Well that might be why she is not wearing them is because that is what William and Harry agreed to do, would be quite rude for Kate to chose what she wants and Harrys wife gets the left overs.

The others were 1. much smaller 2. Black. Both of which makes them far more pairable with multiple outfits.

They would have looked horrible with her dress from the other night. The redeeming quality with this look was the color matched the dress. Pairing a bright blue costume like earring with a navy dress???

Yes she often wears blue. But you cant just share any shade of blue together. And they are huge and over the top. The outfit would need to match.They aren't a pair she could wear with one of her coat dresses IMO.

Well that might be why she is not wearing them is because that is what William and Harry agreed to do, would be quite rude for Kate to chose what she wants and Harrys wife gets the left overs.

I think the reason she isn't wearing Diana's jewelry isn't because she's waiting for Harry to marry. I think it's a matter of taste. Diana truly embraced all the trends of the 80's and early 90's, both in her fashion choices and in her jewelry choices. And while that made Diana very 'hip' at the time, it also makes her pieces currently outdated. I can see Catherine wearing the jewels The Queen loaned Diana, because those pieces are timeless. Or even the Saudi gifts because they match her engagement ring. I just can't see her liking most of Diana's other jewels all that much.

The others were 1. much smaller 2. Black. Both of which makes them far more pairable with multiple outfits.

They would have looked horrible with her dress from the other night. The redeeming quality with this look was the color matched the dress. Pairing a bright blue costume like earring with a navy dress???

Yes she often wears blue. But you cant just share any shade of blue together. And they are huge and over the top. The outfit would need to match.They aren't a pair she could wear with one of her coat dresses IMO.

1. Not that much smaller. I remember seeing her in those earrings from 2007-2009 and thinking how large/wide they were. She likes big earrings.

2. Catherine actually rarely matches the color of her gems with the color of her clothes. How many times have times have we seen her wear her emerald earrings with various shades of green outfits, a lot. She also wears her blue topaz earrings with various shades of blue. Heck, she once wore her blue topaz earrings with a dark green gown. And, then she wore them with a lilac dress. She's not that matchy, as a general rule.

Lovely earrings...I'm glad she didn't do diamonds. The gown and wrap have such intricate detail and I think diamonds would have been too much.

Basically, her outfits and jewels were meant to be a compliment to India, honouring Indian style, patterns, craftsmanship. These earrings were chosen because they are of contemporary Indian making. It's giving a diplomatic message that no old family heirloom could convey, imho.

I agree.

I think the earrings are too big.

IMO, it would have looked better with the bottom half removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom