The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Majesty

Festive Earrings for Kate on Opening Night | The Court Jeweller

I find this earrings awful.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Majesty

How utterly tacky! I kept looking for the Christmas Tree she picked them off.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:51 PM
Heir Apparent

They remind me of a pair that Maxima has worn in the past.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:10 PM
Majesty

Pearls for Kate at Service of Hope | The Court Jeweller

A regal pair of earrings.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Majesty

Aquamarine earrings in Luxembourg today, are they new?
Old 05-11-2017, 10:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Aquamarine earrings in Luxembourg today, are they new?
Yeah, new Kiki earrings. I love them. Really pretty!
Old 05-11-2017, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Is there a good pic of them?
Old 05-11-2017, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

The bottom of this post has some:
Duchess Kate: The Duchess in Pale Blue Emilia Wickstead for Luxembourg Visit
Old 05-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks! Those are LOVELY!

LaRae
Old 05-17-2017, 01:04 AM
Majesty

Beautiful earrings today:

Garden Party Jewels in London | The Court Jeweller
Old 05-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Majesty

Jewels of Pippa Middleton's Wedding | The Court Jeweller

Absolutely stunning earrings. Perfect for the dress. Beautiful color.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:29 AM
Courtier

at first i used to find the kiki's earrings quite boring but now i'm starting to hate them £7,500 for earrings that looks like fake ones from etsy , for god sake crown princess mary bought a 100 years old tiara for approximately the same price!!
Old 05-21-2017, 01:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
at first i used to find the kiki's earrings quite boring but now i'm starting to hate them £7,500 for earrings that looks like fake ones from etsy , for god sake crown princess mary bought a 100 years old tiara for approximately the same price!!
Agree on all points

Actually Mary spent less. Final sale price was said to be 8000 euros which is less than 7000 pounds. And for that she got a ruby and diamond antique tiara and earrings.

Kate lives in a city with a major auction house. Would love her to make use of it. Going to spend that kind of money, some beautiful real auction pieces would be great.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

No. To me they look so obviously fake-costume jewelry to me. UGH.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
The Duchess of Cambridge is the one purchasing and wearing the earrings that SHE likes. If you are bored with them, don't look at them. It's nobody's business and certainly not important enough to HATE. What an awful word.

As for Mary deciding to purchase jewelry from an auction house . . . with all the jewels available to the British royal family, why on earth would Kate even think of buying some old jewels from an auction house?? That would be ridiculous. She has access to several pieces from the Queen already and, in a few years, will have access to ALL of the Queens jewelry.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge is the one purchasing and wearing the earrings that SHE likes.
Absolutely Leslie Mae.. The Royal collection lacks much in the way of Semi-Precious Daytime Jewels of the sort likely to appeal to a modern young Woman. So the Duchess is buying some that appeal to her, and tally with her style ? What IS the problem ?
Old 05-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness

Has Kate ever reworn the earrings from her wedding?
Old 05-21-2017, 03:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Has Kate ever reworn the earrings from her wedding?

Yes, last year at the garter service.

Duchess Kate Middleton Recycles Her Bespoke Wedding Earrings: Details, Pictures - Us Weekly
Old 05-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
The Duchess of Cambridge is the one purchasing and wearing the earrings that SHE likes. If you are bored with them, don't look at them. It's nobody's business and certainly not important enough to HATE. What an awful word.

As for Mary deciding to purchase jewelry from an auction house . . . with all the jewels available to the British royal family, why on earth would Kate even think of buying some old jewels from an auction house?? That would be ridiculous. She has access to several pieces from the Queen already and, in a few years, will have access to ALL of the Queens jewelry.
first of all this site is for everyone to express their opinion about things that are related to royalty it's not about expressing my opinion if i think it's good and shut up if i don't think it is good .

i don't mind modern jewellery but if you gonna pay tens of thousands on modern pieces then choose ones that are unique like some of jar , Ole Lynggaard... etc designs don't buy a £7,500 earrings that i wouldn't difference it from a £64.56 fake one , the reason i mentioned Mary's antique tiara/necklace is that if i was asked to give a price for it i would give it between £30,000 - £40,000 but if i was asked to give a price for the kiki's earrings i would say £50 max , i would rather that she wear fake ones insted of tens of thousands worth earrings that looks like cheap fake one's .
compare the modern pieces that maxima and mary bought and the kiki macdonald one's and u know what i mean .
Old 05-27-2017, 11:19 AM
Majesty

"From sparkling tiaras to dazzling statement earrings, the Duchess of Cambridge always accessorizes her timeless ensembles with elegant pieces from her jewelry box. Whether she is at a state banquet or garden party with the Queen, the 35-year-old is known for adding the perfect finishing touch to her attire, which includes jewels by Annoushka Ducas. “My designs are contemporary, classic and always playful. Every piece is designed to be worn from pavement to palace,” the modern royal jeweler told HELLO!. “I design my jewelry with brilliant, inspiring women in mind and who more inspiring than the Duchess!”"

Kate Middleton's go-to jewelry designer talks the Duchess' inspiring style