Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know how that works. It would be great if Angela Kelly would write a book sometime describing this.

I would be surprised if Angela Kelly doesn't manage a lot of it herself- would make sense for her to coordinate with the stylists for the other royal women with regard to the jewel collection

Ah..well a shame not something more identifiable with Canada.

LaRae

Polar bears are quite identifiable with Canada.

The brooches were not a gift from Canada. They were a gift from the north west territories. The government chose a polar bear which is a symbol of their territory. It was to remind the couple of their visit to that territory. Now if they visited Saskatchewan and got a polar bear that would be a tad odd.

Government of the Northwest Territories logo, free vector logos - Vector.me

Considering the cost of the diamonds, from a mind in the territory and made by a top jeweller, the government had the right to choose what symbol. It's a large territory but tiny population. And a very pricy gift

Polar bears are quite identifiable with Canada.

Considering the cost of the diamonds, from a mind in the territory and made by a top jeweller, the government had the right to choose what symbol. It's a large territory but tiny population. And a very pricy gift

Exactly!
That's the point- it's a pricey gift- that Kate does not wear!

In other words, a huge waste of money.
Why not choose something attractive, that she would enjoy wearing? That is my objection.

The Queen has visited Canada 22 times. The Cambridges have already visited twice in six years. Kate will be back in the Northwest Territory in the future and then the polar bear will be seen again.

Exactly!
That's the point- it's a pricey gift- that Kate does not wear!

In other words, a huge waste of money.
Why not choose something attractive, that she would enjoy wearing? That is my objection.

Perhaps the government thought it attractive. Beauty in eye if beholder.

Perhaps they thought it was most important to symbolize their people and land. To remind the couple.

Perhaps they thought Kate would show the good grace to wear a gift at least on another visit.

Really there is nothing awful about it. Or too out there considering the bugs and other brooches royals wear.

The point was a gift to remind her of the territory. Not some pretty bauble in her jewelry case that she may wear every few years which no one will remember where it came from.

I liked the polar bears when I saw them, and I still like them.

I like the polar bears too. I think they are very sweet. Gorgeous, in fact. I don't think Kate wears very many brooches though, and that's a pity.

The Queen has visited Canada 22 times. The Cambridges have already visited twice in six years. Kate will be back in the Northwest Territory in the future and then the polar bear will be seen again.

I agree, she'll wear the bear brooch when she's back there for a visit, even though she rarely wears pins/brooches. I personally really like the polar bears.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but I really don't see the point of jewelry that Kate will keep in the box, until such time as she has to wear it (probably gritting her teeth the whole time).

Others may feel differently; that's why I hope the Polish government gives her something she really likes, and will happily wear often.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but I really don't see the point of jewelry that Kate will keep in the box, until such time as she has to wear it (probably gritting her teeth the whole time).

Others may feel differently; that's why I hope the Polish government gives her something she really likes, and will happily wear often.

The Queen has lots of jewelry that were diplomatic gifts rather than personal gifts. Kate now has begun her collection of diplomatic gift jewelry with several pieces.

How would anyone know what "she really likes" unless they know her personally. Governments design gifts that represent their country. Polar bears are representative of Canada. They had a polar bear brooch and cuff links made to present to their visitors. The visitors have not yet worn the pieces. That does not mean presenting the pieces was a mistake. The Duke and Duchess will visit Canada many many times over the coming years and they will wear these pieces, eventually. It doesn't make sense to act as if Kate is disrespecting Canada by not yet wearing the brooch she was given.

I believe the Polish government gave the Duke and Duchess some amber pieces. I thought the necklace was lovely. We may see the piece worn by Kate or we may never see it. It's really not that important. The gift was given and it was accepted. What happens after is up to the people involved. No need to get our panties in a bunch.:ohmy:

The Queen has lots of jewelry that were diplomatic gifts rather than personal gifts. Kate now has begun her collection of diplomatic gift jewelry with several pieces.

Yes, and we know the ones the Queen really likes, such as the Brazilian aquamarines. Because she wears them so frequently.

But I've said enough.
I'd love to see the amber gifts that were mentioned; any photos?

LOVE that set of amber in gold...

LaRae

I saw a great deal of Amber jewellery in Poland, but never [as I recall] any 'milky' Amber..
one of the nicest things about it is its 'glow', which Catherine's set seems to lack...

I don't think milky amber glows like polished amber...hence the 'milky' part.

LaRae

To me it looks like Pupils with Cataracts !

The earrings are so cute and fun. Perfect for the summery dress.

I did love the new topaz and diamonds today!

LaRae

Cute earrings yet not my style. If her hair was up in loose waves with some small diamond and ruby or garnet earrings that would of been the bling this outfit is missing. Her smile is mega watts, how happy she looks and full of life......love her hair this length, it looks very healthy and suits her. After all she is a young woman and wants to look pretty and sexy for her husband, well done tonight I say.

Ugh. Nope, to me they look like dime store pieces. Pretty gold hoops or even some pearl earstuds would've looked much better. :ohmy:

:previous:

It is Diana's bracelet and now appears it will be Kate's.

Well it's been quite a week or so....she's worn Diana's personal jewelry twice now! I've loved both the earrings and this pearl bracelet on her.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom