The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-13-2017, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
No, citrines are yellow or yellowish. Catherin's stones are pink/purple, set in yellow gold.

These stones could be pink topazes, kunzite, morganite, rose quartz or pink sapphire.

My first thought was pink topaz, but it's just possible the central stone is a light amethyst.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
No, citrines are yellow or yellowish. Catherin's stones are pink/purple, set in yellow gold.

These stones could be pink topazes, kunzite, morganite, rose quartz or pink sapphire.
If I had to guess I'd say kunzite but I wouldn't rule out pink topaz.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Those earrings are simply fantastic, absolutely gorgeous! Some of her best ever, if you ask me. As to wedding gift or not: Let's not forget that we have no means of knowing for sure. Let's not create false rumours. They might just as well have been given on other occasions.

Also worth noting: that whopper of a bracelet is seen once again. This beauty has become one of her staple jewels, and I love to see it again.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

They never announced any thing about what type of wedding gifts that the couple received. It is quite possible that it could be a wedding gift especially since it was worn first in fall of 2011. It doesn't predate the wedding and KP already confirmed that it isn't a loan from the Queen.

So it being a wedding present is totally feasible but we won't really know because unlike gifts they receive during tours, the wedding gifts are not a matter of public record
Old 02-13-2017, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They never announced any thing about what type of wedding gifts that the couple received. It is quite possible that it could be a wedding gift especially since it was worn first in fall of 2011. It doesn't predate the wedding and KP already confirmed that it isn't a loan from the Queen.

So it being a wedding present is totally feasible but we won't really know because unlike gifts they receive during tours, the wedding gifts are not a matter of public record
That's today. The jewels and other gifts the Queen and other members of the family received for their wedding was made known to the public. That's the problem. The Palace don't like to mention the jewels Catherine wear, unless it's a loan from The Queen.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
That's today. The jewels and other gifts the Queen and other members of the family received for their wedding was made known to the public. That's the problem. The Palace don't like to mention the jewels Catherine wear, unless it's a loan from The Queen.
It's not a problem, well maybe for you. Catherine is under no obligation to disclose where her personal jewelry comes from.

Anyway, the DM would only write up an article about how much it costs. Best not to say anything.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennahPc View Post
Ingrid Seward retweeted "Rebecca English spoke to the Palace and was told they are not on loan from the Queen"; they didn't reveal any further information. Perhaps a wedding gift?
Sorry to say, but to me these earrings look more like costume jewelry. maybe it's the picture????
Old 02-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

On another site some were arguing that the bracelet is platinum but the earrings yellow gold. There was a dispute about whether she should have mixed metals?

I never do but I know lots of people think it's just fine.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
It's not a problem, well maybe for you. Catherine is under no obligation to disclose where her personal jewelry comes from.

Anyway, the DM would only write up an article about how much it costs. Best not to say anything.
I'm not saying it's a major problem. Just stating the Palace didn't have a problem making it known about the wedding gifts in the past. We have great deal of info on The Queen's and Diana's wedding jewels, but it's hard to get info on Catherine's wedding gifts.

Unless their loans from The Queen, there's a lot of guesses when it comes to Catherine's jewels.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-13-2017, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm not saying it's a major problem. Just stating the Palace didn't have a problem making it known about the wedding gifts in the past. We have great deal of info on The Queen's and Diana's wedding jewels, but it's hard to get info on Catherine's wedding gifts.
Whether a wedding gift, a gift from William, a gift from Charles or maybe a gift from her parents, it's personal jewellery

We all know Catherine received loads of jewellery on her wedding day but it would be tabloid suicide to disclose individual pieces.

Remember the Cartier necklace? We had headlines for a week about it costing 50k
Old 02-13-2017, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Whether a wedding gift, a gift from William, a gift from Charles or maybe a gift from her parents, it's personal jewellery

We all know Catherine received loads of jewellery on her wedding day but it would be tabloid suicide to disclose individual pieces.

and no mention of them saying no presents - give to charities. Raised just over £1m

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-13-2017, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

That's the point I'm getting to. KP is trying to prevent any backlash from happening when it comes to Catherine's jewelry. Back in the day, wedding gifts would be put on display for the media. We know a lot about past jewels that the senior ladies wear. There's even books about them. It would b very hard to write anything about Catherine's jewels, because there's such little info on them. Outside of the loans from her grandmother-in-law of course.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-14-2017, 12:29 AM
Majesty

Statement Earrings for Kate at the BAFTAs | The Court Jeweller

Amazing jewels. She looks wonderful.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Make me wonder if there's a necklace to go along with the earrings?

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-14-2017, 06:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Make me wonder if there's a necklace to go along with the earrings?
i am sure there is. Might it be imilar in concept to the Greek ruby necklace or the Swedish pink topaz necklace?
Old 02-14-2017, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Although I really love those earrings, I also think pearls would work very well with that dress. Perhaps next time?
Old 02-14-2017, 08:36 AM
Courtier

i don't think the earrings worked with that dress maybe the cambridge emerald choker or her emerald and diamond wedding gift demi-parure .
Old 02-14-2017, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes
Duchess of Cambridge sports heart shaped earrings on her Valentine Day visit to RAF Wittering for a @aircadets engagement.

https://twitter.com/RegalEyes/status/831497706799562756
Old 02-14-2017, 09:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes
Duchess of Cambridge sports heart shaped earrings on her Valentine Day visit to RAF Wittering for a @aircadets engagement.

https://twitter.com/RegalEyes/status/831497706799562756
Those earrings are leaf shaped, not heart shaped. But I see how one could confuse the two
Old 02-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
These earrings could be by Kat Florence.

https://www.katflorence.com/aaa-morg...iamonds-9814py

She tends to do a lot of jewellery using a combination of diamonds and semi=precious stones.