Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is one thing to have the opinion that the diamond pendant earrings were inappropriate in one's eyes which is a valid opinion. It is another thing to throw in random off the wall reasons why.

Statements that its OK for Maxima because of her "flamboyant" heritage or an Empress is much more suitable for diamonds than a Princess or the allusion that diamonds negate the mood that should have been or even the earrings violate a supposed "Windsor" dress code. That is grasping at straws to make a point with illogical reasoning and does a lot to invalidate the opinion.

I wear diamond drop earrings grocery shopping, going to the bank and even with sweatpants and t-shirts. Why? Simple. I like them. :D

It is one thing to have the opinion that the diamond pendant earrings were inappropriate in one's eyes which is a valid opinion. It is another thing to throw in random off the wall reasons why.

Statements that its OK for Maxima because of her "flamboyant" heritage or an Empress is much more suitable for diamonds than a Princess or the allusion that diamonds negate the mood that should have been or even the earrings violate a supposed "Windsor" dress code. That is grasping at straws to make a point with illogical reasoning and does a lot to invalidate the opinion.

I wear diamond drop earrings grocery shopping, going to the bank and even with sweatpants and t-shirts. Why? Simple. I like them. :D

Diamond drop earrings forever! I prefer diamond studs for myself, but love them on others.

And I agree- disliking them from a fashion standpoint is fine, though I disagree and thought they made the whole outfit. But disliking them for a bunch of weird, made up reasons? Rather silly way of saying someone dislikes the wearer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diamond drop earrings forever! I prefer diamond studs for myself, but love them on others.

And I agree- disliking them from a fashion standpoint is fine, though I disagree and thought they made the whole outfit. But disliking them for a bunch of weird, made up reasons? Rather silly way of saying someone dislikes the wearer.

I hope you are not meaning me "weird made up reasons " nearly 100 people burnt to death I don't know how many are in hospital and how many are homeless so I just thought not a good time to roll out the diamonds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Cambridges have donated money to the fund that supposed to help the victims, it wasn't their fault that any of the tragedies happened. Did you stop wearing your expensive clothes or your jewellery since the tragedies happened? I guess not...

I think the Cambridges have donated money to the fund that supposed to help the victims, it wasn't their fault that any of the tragedies happened. Did you stop wearing your expensive clothes or your jewellery since the tragedies happened? I guess not...

I'm not royal !!!!!!!! Honestly

I hope you are not meaning me "weird made up reasons " nearly 100 people burnt to death I don't know how many are in hospital and how many are homeless so I just thought not a good time to roll out the diamonds.
I agree we have had a pretty torrid time in the UK on the last few weeks: Manchester, London Bridge, Finsbury Park, Grenfell Tower, the shock election results. ...... But, none of this has impacted the way the Queen dresses. Note her bright blue dress and elaborate brooch when she visited the victims of Grenfell or her bright blue and orange clothes when she was in Manchester. I just don't think there is an issue with the tasteful use of jewels.

Of course if Comrade Corbyn ends up becoming PM, all the jewels cam be packed up, and we might as well shut these forums down[emoji1]

I must say that the Duchess of Cambridge's choice of earrings today was perfect ! She looked exquisite!

What a great earring! Not run of the mill or stale, but also kinda timeless. They look modern, deco, classic depending on how you think about the design.

Hopefully, someone will do a knockoff I can afford....

To me, those pearl earrings were perfect with the outfit. It seem also that there is a recurring theme starting. When Kate is in the public eye with other members of the BRF, like with Trooping the Color, she's been seen wearing earrings or a piece of jewelry that is on loan from the Queen.

I would of been surprised if she hadn't been.....and it looks like something red in her necklace...rubies I'm guessing.

LaRae

Courtjeweller says: "Could that be the Queen's v-shaped ruby and diamond necklace on Kate???"

and

Kate's earrings tonight are the diamond and pearl earrings, made by Collingwood, that belonged to Diana, Princess of Wales.

Catherine is wearing the Queen Mary Lovers Knot Tiara - not the CLK. They're different tiaras.

Last edited:
That whole look is incredible. Some major jewel power there. I love seeing that necklace being used

I'm going to be crucified for saying this, but it's horribly mismatched! Pearl, diamonds and rubies, she should have gone with pearls/diamonds or just diamonds/rubies but not all three.

so happy!! Kate is gettng into the royal jewelry box

The necklace is stunning. Glad to see her in that.

I'm going to be crucified for saying this, but it's horribly mismatched! Pearl, diamonds and rubies, she should have gone with pearls/diamonds or just diamonds/rubies but not all three.

It would of looked more cohesive if she had stuck with diamonds/rubies ...but I still think it works...such gorgeous pieces.

LaRae

I think you are probably right. I would have preferred just pearls/diamonds with that dress.

But I still think Kate looks gorgeous.;)

I agree with you. It's good to see major jewels been worn by Kate but I think this is ill matched. The delicacy of the pink gown also seems to require a lighter touch in the accompanying jewels.

I agree with you. It's good to see major jewels been worn by Kate but I think this is ill matched. The delicacy of the pink gown also seems to require a lighter touch in the accompanying jewels.

Ithink the startiong point her was the Greville necklace. The Lovers Knot is her main tiara now. The earrings are just bridging the gap between them, and the dress is in in a supporting role

Catherine is also wearing Diana's earrings. The same earrings Diana used to wear with Queen Mary's Lovers Knot Tiara.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom