Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine must have a Queen's ransom in jewels. The Queen loans her some fabulous pieces but she must have made a 'haul' on her wedding day. Plus all the gifts William has given her.

She wore these earrings back in 2011 to the 100 Women in Hedge Funds but they were covered by her hair. I would love to know more about heir provenance. Let's hope that they are genuine[emoji51]

One of my favorite sets she's worn.

LaRae

I am in love with these. I think they might be the most beautiful pair I've seen in my whole life. I'm not even exaggerating. THey are easily top 5 at least! Splendid! I really hope they are real :p

Ingrid Seward retweeted "Rebecca English spoke to the Palace and was told they are not on loan from the Queen"; they didn't reveal any further information. Perhaps a wedding gift?

The earrings are fabulous. Too bad her dress doesn't show them off but competes

No, citrines are yellow or yellowish. Catherin's stones are pink/purple, set in yellow gold.

These stones could be pink topazes, kunzite, morganite, rose quartz or pink sapphire.

Any which way, I really like the earrings and am glad to see her use them.

No, citrines are yellow or yellowish. Catherin's stones are pink/purple, set in yellow gold.

These stones could be pink topazes, kunzite, morganite, rose quartz or pink sapphire.

My first thought was pink topaz, but it's just possible the central stone is a light amethyst.

If I had to guess I'd say kunzite but I wouldn't rule out pink topaz.

Those earrings are simply fantastic, absolutely gorgeous! Some of her best ever, if you ask me. As to wedding gift or not: Let's not forget that we have no means of knowing for sure. Let's not create false rumours. They might just as well have been given on other occasions.

Also worth noting: that whopper of a bracelet is seen once again. This beauty has become one of her staple jewels, and I love to see it again. :D

They never announced any thing about what type of wedding gifts that the couple received. It is quite possible that it could be a wedding gift especially since it was worn first in fall of 2011. It doesn't predate the wedding and KP already confirmed that it isn't a loan from the Queen.

So it being a wedding present is totally feasible but we won't really know because unlike gifts they receive during tours, the wedding gifts are not a matter of public record

They never announced any thing about what type of wedding gifts that the couple received. It is quite possible that it could be a wedding gift especially since it was worn first in fall of 2011. It doesn't predate the wedding and KP already confirmed that it isn't a loan from the Queen.

So it being a wedding present is totally feasible but we won't really know because unlike gifts they receive during tours, the wedding gifts are not a matter of public record

That's today. The jewels and other gifts the Queen and other members of the family received for their wedding was made known to the public. That's the problem. The Palace don't like to mention the jewels Catherine wear, unless it's a loan from The Queen.

That's today. The jewels and other gifts the Queen and other members of the family received for their wedding was made known to the public. That's the problem. The Palace don't like to mention the jewels Catherine wear, unless it's a loan from The Queen.

It's not a problem, well maybe for you. Catherine is under no obligation to disclose where her personal jewelry comes from.

Anyway, the DM would only write up an article about how much it costs. Best not to say anything.

Ingrid Seward retweeted "Rebecca English spoke to the Palace and was told they are not on loan from the Queen"; they didn't reveal any further information. Perhaps a wedding gift?

Sorry to say, but to me these earrings look more like costume jewelry. maybe it's the picture????

On another site some were arguing that the bracelet is platinum but the earrings yellow gold. There was a dispute about whether she should have mixed metals?

I never do but I know lots of people think it's just fine.

It's not a problem, well maybe for you. Catherine is under no obligation to disclose where her personal jewelry comes from.

Anyway, the DM would only write up an article about how much it costs. Best not to say anything.

I'm not saying it's a major problem. Just stating the Palace didn't have a problem making it known about the wedding gifts in the past. We have great deal of info on The Queen's and Diana's wedding jewels, but it's hard to get info on Catherine's wedding gifts.

Unless their loans from The Queen, there's a lot of guesses when it comes to Catherine's jewels.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's a major problem. Just stating the Palace didn't have a problem making it known about the wedding gifts in the past. We have great deal of info on The Queen's and Diana's wedding jewels, but it's hard to get info on Catherine's wedding gifts.

Whether a wedding gift, a gift from William, a gift from Charles or maybe a gift from her parents, it's personal jewellery

We all know Catherine received loads of jewellery on her wedding day but it would be tabloid suicide to disclose individual pieces.

Remember the Cartier necklace? We had headlines for a week about it costing 50k

Whether a wedding gift, a gift from William, a gift from Charles or maybe a gift from her parents, it's personal jewellery

We all know Catherine received loads of jewellery on her wedding day but it would be tabloid suicide to disclose individual pieces.

and no mention of them saying no presents - give to charities. Raised just over £1m

That's the point I'm getting to. KP is trying to prevent any backlash from happening when it comes to Catherine's jewelry. Back in the day, wedding gifts would be put on display for the media. We know a lot about past jewels that the senior ladies wear. There's even books about them. It would b very hard to write anything about Catherine's jewels, because there's such little info on them. Outside of the loans from her grandmother-in-law of course.

Make me wonder if there's a necklace to go along with the earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom