Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: IMHO they have a real 1990's look about them. They remind me of some of Diana's earrings from that decade.

Yeah don't care to see these again.

LaRae

What a silly thing to say. As if someone else picked the necklace and she put it on without a word. Kate chose it, whether each charm was her choice or not, she chose it as a whole. It obviously means something to her, particularly evidenced by things she's worn in the past. Yes, it all started with the company, but Kate bought it and wore it, so it has some sort of significance to her.

Perhaps you think it silly. I for one find it humorous you think she chose the piece for any other reason than she found it attractive :ermm: nothing wrong with that of course. But there is no evidence she picked this piece because she was looking for something to symbolize the uk :lol:

The significance of her buying it is ghost she liked it :flowers: any deeper thought in symbolism the credit goes to the designer.

As for her new earrings:ermm: other than the lace top, the only misses in the look. I agree with other posters, so 90s. And not in a good way. They look like cheap costume jewelry from then. Hopefully not a look she will recycle

Perhaps you think it silly. I for one find it humorous you think she chose the piece for any other reason than she found it attractive :ermm: nothing wrong with that of course. But there is no evidence she picked this piece because she was looking for something to symbolize the uk :lol:

The significance of her buying it is ghost she liked it :flowers: any deeper thought in symbolism the credit goes to the designer.

I find it humorous that you refuse to give Kate credit. Obviously she liked it otherwise she wouldn't have purchased it and she wouldn't have worn it. But why is it so far fetched for you to even entertain the idea that she bought it or chose to wear it on this occasion to add extra symbolism? We see it with royals all of the time whether its in designers they choose or jewels they choose.

Maybe the designer created it simply because they like those designs?

I'm not Kate so I don't know what she's thinking, but we never do. we can only ever speculate. I wouldn't be surprised to find she chose to wear it for a reason, beyond liking the design. What that reason is? I don't know, but she tends to be thoughtful with her jewelry so I don't find it far fetched.

Last edited:
I find it humorous that you refuse to give Kate credit. Obviously she liked it otherwise she wouldn't have purchased it and she wouldn't have worn it. But why is it so far fetched for you to even entertain the idea that she bought it or chose to wear it on this occasion to add extra symbolism? We see it with royals all of the time whether its in designers they choose or jewels they choose.

Maybe the designer created it simply because they like those designs?

I'm not Kate so I don't know what she's thinking, but we never do. we can only ever speculate. I wouldn't be surprised to find she chose to wear it for a reason, beyond liking the design. What that reason is? I don't know, but she tends to be thoughtful with her jewelry so I don't find it far fetched.

We'll see unlike Kate who you choose to believe picks jewelry for symbolism and not simply looks, we do Know what the designer was thinking. If you take a few moments to look into the designer and the piece, you too can read the thought that the designer put into three collection. It's quite comical you think Kate would put more thought into the jewelry than the designer did :lol:

But as amusing as your assumptions are, they are just that. As you have stated, you have no idea what she was thinking. And your need to try and convince me to think otherwise is tiring :sad:

Agree to disagree. You won't convince me she put any serious thought into symbolism (unlike her maple leafs in Canada to fit a theme). She bought the piece IMO simply for the looks. There us nothing wrong with that. We all do. Good on her, nice piece. :flowers:

What a silly thing to say. As if someone else picked the necklace and she put it on without a word. Kate chose it, whether each charm was her choice or not, she chose it as a whole. It obviously means something to her, particularly evidenced by things she's worn in the past. Yes, it all started with the company, but Kate bought it and wore it, so it has some sort of significance to her.

I agree that the charms would likely have some meaning to Kate otherwise she'd have chosen something else.:)

We'll see unlike Kate who you choose to believe picks jewelry for symbolism and not simply looks, we do Know what the designer was thinking. If you take a few moments to look into the designer and the piece, you too can read the thought that the designer put into three collection. It's quite comical you think Kate would put more thought into the jewelry than the designer did :lol:

But as amusing as your assumptions are, they are just that. As you have stated, you have no idea what she was thinking. And your need to try and convince me to think otherwise is tiring :sad:

Agree to disagree. You won't convince me she put any serious thought into symbolism (unlike her maple leafs in Canada to fit a theme). She bought the piece IMO simply for the looks. There us nothing wrong with that. We all do. Good on her, nice piece. :flowers:

??? I don't get how you can say in one sentence that she doesn't put any serious thought into symbolism but then admit she did with the maple leafs?

And then you tell me I can't know why she did it, but you continue to go on assuming your own reasoning for why she wore it. You're all over the place.

Your assumptions aren't amusing, simply tiring.

I'll agree that none of us know precisely why she does anything, that we can only speculate.

As for others beside Kate, simply venture into any other jewelry thread at any given time, particularly for big events, and see for yourself.

Please treat each other with respect and refrain from personal comments.
Let's get back to the topic.

I has read they were awedding gift? Anyway, they are very pretty.

I'm beyond impressed on how The Queen is lending Catherine these personal pieces of jewelry. Tells us their relationship is close and they share an interests in jewels.

Yes and what fabulous jewlery too!

LaRae

Kate seems to be getting some considerable access to HM's collection. I'm not old enough to remember Diana as a member of the RF proper, and I know that Camilla got some big loans including access to many of QEQM's jewels as wife of the PoW, but I think Kate is doing pretty well.

Certainly to be loaned HM's wedding gift bracelet from the DoE on more than one occasion, when HM has worn it herself in recent years, is rather impressive I feel.

It seems like Diana had her own jewels...or a lot more of her own jewels. I'm guessing due to the wedding gifts, gifts from Charles and her status as the PoW. She also wore a lot of costume jewelry. I do seem to recall she wore some of the Queen's jewelry also, besides the Tiara's which I guess belong to the crown actually.

LaRae

Jewels are great. But must say not my favorite tiara on her. I actually think the lotus suits her better. But still lovely appearance.

She is also wearing the Queen 's wedding bracelet

I think that's the Queen's bracelet isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom