Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice research.

Earrings are nice and under stated for casual event. Following similar pattern to India, britishbdesigner clothess but some local accessories.

Where should the brooch be place? I am at loss with jewels's position. Anyway, I don't like the pendants. They simply ugly. I agree that simple diamonds studs would have been fine.

A jeweller in Langley has a personal connection to a historic diamond maple leaf brooch that the Duchess of Cambridge is wearing on part of her visit to B.C.: It was made by his father before the Second World War.

“It gives me a great feeling of satisfaction,” said Joe Histed, 77, a semi-retired jeweller at J.W. Histed Diamonds Ltd., in Vancouver. “It’s something my father made and it was passed down and down through royalty.”
Read more: Brooch worn by Duchess of Cambridge made by Langley jeweller’s father | Vancouver Sun

Possibly in her hair?
That would look quite pretty, I think.

or her waist - maybe at the end of the draping from her left shoulder to where it hits her waist - that would have been a very 50s style.

but seriously splitting hairs - it is a lovely look. and I am sure her glamsquad was doing the same thing we are doing now - trying all the various options.

Though I love the dress, I am not a fan of the earrings, and agree the brooch placement is off.

For once I am so glad there is no necklace. Less is definitely more here and highlights the asymmetrical design of the top of the dress. I like the brooch pinned here - okay perhaps a little higher might have sharpened the effect. ( it would have certainly been hidden had she worn it at the waist as Kate has a horrible habit of rigidly holding her hands across her front, with a clutch bag.)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Possibly in her hair?
That would look quite pretty, I think.

Ah, got it.:flowers: I just thought that maybe the brooch had to be positioned in a standard place, such as right or left, for default.:lol:

I keep waiting for an appearance of the polar bear brooch she received on her last trip - but it was gifted in a different provence of Canada i really hope we don't have to wait until they return to Yellowknife to see it being worn.

Actually no I am not. :ermm:

Kate did not custom design this piece. She didn't pick the charms. If you look at the company website, those three charms are paired together. All three represent English fauna, the reason the company uses them. The selection of those three symbols speaks to the designers understanding of English nature not Kate.

Nor to her earrings show her keen understanding of Englishness. The scorns are on her family crest. Her earrings were a gift from her parents and a nod to her family.

What a silly thing to say. As if someone else picked the necklace and she put it on without a word. Kate chose it, whether each charm was her choice or not, she chose it as a whole. It obviously means something to her, particularly evidenced by things she's worn in the past. Yes, it all started with the company, but Kate bought it and wore it, so it has some sort of significance to her.

After taking a quick glance at what Kate was wearing today in the Netherlands, I thought to myself that the color and the cut of the dress she wore and the way her hair was styled would be perfectly accentuated with pearls. I then got sidetracked away from the computer by a dog on the wrong side of the door and a belly that demanded some breakfast.

The fact that the pearl earrings were on loan from the Queen makes it even better. It also tells me that Kate and HM must have put their heads together on just what to wear and how to accentuate it best. That must have been a fun afternoon for "the girls". :D

The earrings are stunning! This makes the 2nd or 3rd time Kate's worn some of the Queen's personal jewels right?

LaRae

:previous: well, they belong to the crown in most cases - but much more.

The two diamond bracelets, the halo scroll, C Lover's knot and lotus flower tiaras, chandelier earring worn to the BAFTAs, Canadian Maple leaf and NZ fern brooches, Nizam of Hiberbad necklace, the shamrock brooch, and something else I have missed, I am sure?
Anna keeps really good track of things: https://www.facebook.com/132426196846254/photos/?tab=album&album_id=286721141416758

The most touching and most personal loan by the Queen to Kate in my book has to be the diamond wedding bracelet designed by Philip which used his mother's diamonds.

That was extraordinarily special and never done before.

The shamrock brooch isn't the Crown's. It's the property of the Irish Guards.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree, the pearl earrings are beautiful and we are told they belong to the Queen. If so they appear to be a very modern setting with a space between the diamond and pearl and the almost oval shape of the pearls so I think they must be a very recent addition to her the royal collection. They are certainly not Queen Mary's smaller or larger diamond and pearl studs which are HM's go to sets.

I agree, the pearl earrings are beautiful and we are told they belong to the Queen. If so they appear to be a very modern setting with a space between the diamond and pearl and the almost oval shape of the pearls so I think they must be a very recent addition to her the royal collection. They are certainly not Queen Mary's smaller or larger diamond and pearl studs which are HM's go to sets.
About the earrings:
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Silver Jubilee Diamond and Pearl Earrings

Catherine's loans
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Duchess of Cambridge: Loans

:previous: I believe you have the right of it so, new is relative when it comes to HM jewels. However, I don't remember seeing her wear them but that one time you posted so perhaps she went back to her Queen Mary's smaller and larger diamond and pearl earrings.

It is possible they were a gift or her dresser was "updating" her look, but I don't think it took so perhaps they have sat waiting for the younger generation to show off. But didn't HM look good in them in her younger days and both Sophie and Catherine looked magnificent in them, be they all the same or three different pairs.

https://twitter.com/AnnieElizabethN/status/780358361028161536/photo/1

That is one terrific set of pics Spheno. They really clarify things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom