Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
:royalstandard:

Welcome to the Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery thread #2

commencing December 2011

The Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery #1 can be found
here.

:orb:

Last edited:
Her jewelry is REALLY interesting tonight- I'm looking forward to hearing the opinions of people who are more knowledgeable than I am. She's wearing a new necklace, with what looks like pink sapphires, and it looks like it could possibly be converted into a tiara.

She's also wearing what I thought at first was the bracelet we've seen her wear before to the Bafta party and a few other times too I believe- but it looks like the center stones in it are pink sapphires to match the necklace tonight. And I can't tell very well from pictures, but I think MAYBE she's wearing those art deco diamond earrings she's worn several times, but perhaps also with pink stones (sapphires I'm assuming) to match the necklace.

Is it possible she received a new parure as a wedding present and that the bracelet and earrings are part of it, and can have some of the stones changed out? This is so intriguing. I can't wait for better pictures and other opinions!

Like you, HRHHermione, I thought the bracelet was the same one we've seen Kate wear previously, but there are definitely what looks like rubies going on there.

It's entirely possible that the bracelet is convertible because apart from the coloured stones it certainly is very similar to the bracelet we've seen before.

Is it possible that this set is a gift from one of the Middle East RF's? I know they gave Camilla some serious diamond and ruby jewellery.

I had that thought too- that it might be a Middle East RF gift to her. I thought they were pink sapphires, but rubies are also a possibility. I'm looking forward to see close ups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible she received a new parure as a wedding present and that the bracelet and earrings are part of it, and can have some of the stones changed out? This is so intriguing. I can't wait for better pictures and other opinions!

I have absolutely no idea, just dazzled but

@RoyalReporter stated:

Kate's wearing an Alexander McQueen dress and private jewellery she received as wedding presents.

There are some photos of the jewellery on the Daily Mail website. The necklace does look like one of those that could be converted into a tiara at first glance.

The necklace appears to have rubies and diamonds in a starburst pattern. Way to much hair in the way to get an overall look- can anyone say, "up-do?".

Last edited:
I wish she would wear her hair up! Especially for an occasion:whistling: such as this.

For me bracelet looks like new one, not this previous seen. But we must wait for better photos. Necklace is very interesting, rubies or whatever the stones are suit Kate. Pity that in most of the photos her hair covers jewelery, such gems should have chance to shine.

The necklace appears to have rubies and diamonds in a starburst pattern. Way to much hair in the way to get an overall look- can anyone say, "up-do?".

I've been saying "updo" in other threads, and this is the perfect example of why Kate should have worn one. That's a spectacular necklace and would have been showcased to greater effect if she'd worn her hair up instead of seeing it obscure the piece. If what The Mail says is true, this is jewelry that she received as wedding gifts and I wouldn't be surprised if the necklace converted to a tiara. This proves that she can wear more stunning and prominent pieces without going overboard; that's a lovely, delicate design but nevertheless a substantial necklace and earrings that don't overpower her at all. I can't tell if the earrings are part of the set or the diamond drops she's worn before. I'm so glad to see more progression with the jewels, but Kate has to start varying her hairstyle to suit the occasion and jewels, I feel.

Last edited:
I'd also love to know more about the bracelet it looks quite impressive. In some of the photos there seems to be a red sparkle, but it simply may be the flash photography.

I think Kate would have looked out of step with other attendees if her hair was up - would have made the necklace look showy. She was already wearing the most expensive piece of jewlery, the other women her age had their hair down, I think it would have looked rather ostentatious for her to have an updo, especially as she never does.

She wanted to look like Kate at a party, not a princess being shown off - and I think she needed to keep her signature hair (not to mention it looks gorgeous, it's so healthy and shiny - it competes with the jewels). I like the way the necklace ends up being peek-a-boo rather than taking over the scene.

The necklace and bracelet are wonderful.
It's a shame that the necklace is partly hidden by her hair.
I too ,think that the necklace is convertible into a tiara.
For me,the stones looks like rubies and diamonds.The pink stones looks similar to the ones of CP Mary of Danemak parure (Queen Ingrid parure I think)

Yea, the more I look at it, the more I agree with you all- they're probably rubies.

What a stunning piece.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Daily Mail said the parure is a wedding gift but is there any actual confirmation of this? I wonder who gave the gift. Is there any website that lists what presents they were given?

The Daily Mail said the parure is a wedding gift but is there any actual confirmation of this? I wonder who gave the gift. Is there any website that lists what presents they were given?

Royal Reporter said the same thing, so I think perhaps they were told that. But no, there's no website listing their private gifts.

Those are some exquisite pieces of jewelry. I love the pink stones, and the style of the necklace.

Beautiful jewels; I can just visualize that necklace converted to a tiara. Is there a closeup of her earrings? I read that they're part of the set.

No they are not a part of the set. Kate has worn the earrings already several times and I just found out after checking several pictures that this is NOT the same matching bracelet she has always worn with the earrings. ( Like at Zara's wedding or at the evening reception when she stood in for Charles). So apparently the necklace which is probably a convertible tiara and the bracelet go together but NOT the earrings.

Wow! I love seeing her in some substantial jewels. Stunning! Agree about the up do but at least her long hair is glossy and healthy.

No they are not a part of the set. Kate has worn the earrings already several times and I just found out after checking several pictures that this is NOT the same matching bracelet she has always worn with the earrings. ( Like at Zara's wedding or at the evening reception when she stood in for Charles). So apparently the necklace which is probably a convertible tiara and the bracelet go together but NOT the earrings.

Thanks, just wanted to be sure about the earrings; I was already aware that the necklace and bracelet were a matching set. I don't see how anyone can mistake the bracelet for the other diamond one she's worn before, not just because of the inclusion of possible rubies but also the different pattern, the wider band and more openwork to it. I'm glad to see that Kate is able to wear more important pieces without being overwhelmed by them; it gives me hope that she can raid the royal vaults with more abandon in the future!

To be honest I was one of those persons who mistook the bracelet for the one ;-) Just had to be sure and then I saw the difference.

I also thought the bracelet was a new one right away, number one its BIGGER. The necklace and matching bracelet, diamonds with ruby flowers, is very delicate.
It would be a beautiful and also delicate tiara. I can't wait to see that!
The way it lies very flat makes me think it can convert to a tiara.
Shame that her hair covered it. She could have had so many nice hairdos to allow the dress and necklace to shine. I'm imagining a very loose and puffy bun I guess you would call it, that goes beyond her shoulders. Something I've seen on queen Silvia.

Really hard to get a clear look at the earrings. Kate will have to learn to tuck her hair behind one ear when she arrives at these things so the photographers can get a clear shot. Then she could bring it forward again. Now that would satisfy us I think.
Nice bit of jewellry. Can't wait to see what else she got as wedding gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom