Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the same picture I posted. I think the light coloured band is the band of the engagement ring - which is still too big and turns on her finger. Good reason to have another ring!

Thats the same picture I posted. I think the light coloured band is the band of the engagement ring - which is still too big and turns on her finger. Good reason to have another ring!

I knew that and probably should have quoted your post too. Sorry, cepe, you're one of my favorite posters and don't want you feeling left out. :flowers:

I think this is the first time we have seen the contrasting colors of the bands thus causing confusion. Wish my ring was a little looser on me - course it would be if I lost some weight.

Last edited:
Wish Kate would wear her acorn earrings again as I rather liked them. I did think she would wear them for PG's christening (in that way making them her special family event earrings).
I'm not sure but it is possible that she is actually wearing them. The bulbous bit at the end where is acorn is is much like the small lumpy bits seen through her hair.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kate+Middleton+Arrivals+Portrait+Gala+London+ceE7ROVtO1kl.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ecb27815e872552f5c2c605cf66d345d/tumblr_n0umcfbcDF1rmvy6lo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure but it is possible that she is actually wearing them. The bulbous bit at the end where is acorn is is much like the small lumpy bits seen through her hair.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kate+Middleton+Arrivals+Portrait+Gala+London+ceE7ROVtO1kl.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ecb27815e872552f5c2c605cf66d345d/tumblr_n0umcfbcDF1rmvy6lo1_500.jpg

I'm afraid not. There are plenty of pictures that show that she is wearing her "usual" diamond earrings, the ones with the matching bracelet. See weblink below and scroll down to see a clear picture of Catherine's earrings.

http://whatkatewore.com/

I have never seen her wear the acorn earrings other than at her wedding.

Last edited:
Glad others noticed the diamond eternity ring next to her engagement ring.
Kate Middleton adds sparkle to Portrait Gallery fundraiser with diamond necklace | Mail Online

Have to say I am not a fan of the Queen's diamond necklace - I saw this necklace displayed one time at Buckingham Palace and it is a solid heavy piece. On this occasion I don't think it work on Kate - her dress is very light and it just seems to chunky a piece for her. There are other 'lighter' necklaces that I would have preferred to see her being loaned - one is the Queens 21st south African diamond necklace or some of the Saudi pieces (even if that meant Kate and Diana would have been compared)

Close up of rings from NPG gala

pic.twitter.com/yYB9vFforgf

There is a diamond band, then the gold band from the engagement right behind it and the wedding band further up.

If you look at picture from when the engagement was announced -the ring has a gold band.

Perhaps the new diamond band was a Christmas gift from William.

Did some research and came up with nobody. But not certain

Her Majesty The Queen is the main wearer of this necklace. She has worn this necklace for State Banquets, official portraits and the State Openings of Parliament. Too bad The Queen broke up the tiara because I can see Catherine pulling that off too.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Nizam of Hyderabad Rose Brooches and Necklace

Thank you Frelinghighness and Dman, that's what I thought. To me, it is a big deal the HM loaned this to DoC.

Close up of rings from NPG gala

pic.twitter.com/yYB9vFforgf

There is a diamond band, then the gold band from the engagement right behind it and the wedding band further up.

If you look at picture from when the engagement was announced -the ring has a gold band.

Perhaps the new diamond band was a Christmas gift from William.

Skippyboo, I can't pull up the pic from your post. Is that the correct address for the picture?

Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 -

I got the picture from a twitter user Royally Heather whose handle is heather84a. I couldn't copy the link from my phone so I wrote it down and typed it in my post but it isn't hyperlinking.

Last edited:
I'm obviously in the minority here but the Nizam necklace does not impress me. It's encrusted with diamonds, yes, but the design itself is rather crude. Instead of discerning any clear pattern, one is instantly blinded by all the stones. The necklace has the 'bling' factor but it lacks elegance in my opinion. I'm not a fan of chunky jewellery.
The impact of the necklace is further ruined by the mass of curls cascading down Kate's shoulders which overshadow it completely. Perhaps a nice pendant on a simple chain would've suited her better.

*Image has been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original version, and is not subject to copyright

Attachments

• kate.jpg
    kate.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 143
Catherine has an eternity ring as well? Nice. It's a nice ring, but I think it would look nice not worn with the other rings. Sophie wore/wears hers on its own (she changes between her wedding rings and other ring).

The necklace is beautiful as well.

Last edited:
Looks like William is giving his love more love.

Looks like William is giving his love more love.

I suddenly wanted to start singing "My love is your love and your love is my love". :)

It's a nice ring, but I would prefer it on its own.

I suddenly wanted to start singing "My love is your love and your love is my love". :)

It's a nice ring, but I would prefer it on its own.

You can't go wrong with Whitney Houston (The Voice) in this situation. May the love those two share continue forever.

I love the necklace unfortunately it is obsured by the terrible hair IMO but it is a stunning piece and the Queen wore it so beautifully all thoase years ago hope to see it worn just as beautifully next time I see it thanks for all the posts.

The necklace is not a favorite of mine. In fact I can't see what Her Majesty saw when she choose it. But the important thing here is the Queen is sharing major, personal jewels with Catherine so I won't criticize her whole look.

The Duchess of Cambridge looked exceedingly beautiful wearing the Nizam of Hyderabad Necklace when she was at the National Portrait Gallery. :princess2:

I think it's great that the queen is sharing.
She does with Camilla too, doesn't she?

IMO a collective collection is a great succes, look at Maxima.

OK - I am probably going to to be shot for this. I went back and looked at the crowd at the NPG gala. I now think the necklace was a bit too much for the event.

Yes, I know diamonds of any kind any time - but there was almost all loose hair, many cocktail length dresses, corduroys and denim as well as suits and the odd tux on the men.
Of course, Catherine could not refuse the offer and it stepped up her game. I just think a less awesome (literally) neck-piece would have better suited the event.

Having said that, if the Queen loaned it to me and I had an armed guard, I'd wear that necklace to the grocery. :lol:

OK - I am probably going to to be shot for this. I went back and looked at the crowd at the NPG gala. I now think the necklace was a bit too much for the event.

Yes, I know diamonds of any kind any time - but there was almost all loose hair, many cocktail length dresses, corduroys and denim as well as suits and the odd tux on the men.
Of course, Catherine could not refuse the offer and it stepped up her game. I just think a less awesome (literally) neck-piece would have better suited the event.

Having said that, if the Queen loaned it to me and I had an armed guard, I'd wear that necklace to the grocery. :lol:

The invite said something about "sparkle" so she complied with the invite, I think. The issue about what other guests wear is that they may have just ignored the brief. David Bailey has never worn a suit, let alone a tie, in his life - well not in any pix I've seen.

It might have beena tad over the top but that dress needs some pzazz. But whether the intention was there or not, it also sent out a message from the Queen that says "I like Catherine; she is important in the family; and I am lending her something that has been significant to me and that I've never lent to anyone else"

She might also have said - "No more fake" :lol:

Could you post some links, I went searching and among the guests the only non black tie men I found where the photographer and the cross dresser and the only short dress among the women was Beatrice. I couldn't find many shots of other guests @ all, tho'.

I am very excited to see that Her Majesty is loaning one of her major pieces to Kate. Perhaps we will see more in the near future of pieces rarely seen. However, this necklace has a large pendant to it and maybe if that were worn on a chain it may have been a better look than the full necklace for this particular event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom