Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Catherine has the stature or presence to carry off alot of jewelry...
LaRae
By stature do you mean height or prominance? Either way, she's quite tall and an HRH. Not sure what else she 'needs' to carry off jewelry.

NB Princess Marie's snow-burn, was filmed inscpprison, an am tmosphere.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure why, but I'm not liking these earrings. I might have had a different opinion if they were tear shaped and not round or if the circle was smaller. Glad to see different earrings though.

By stature do you mean height or prominance? Either way, she's quite tall and an HRH. Not sure what else she 'needs' to carry off jewelry.

More about body structure than height per se. She doesn't have the physical presence to carry off alot of jewelry IMO. Just because you are a HRH does not mean you can carry off a certain look or style.

LaRae

I think you're right; somehow I don't think Catherine would look all that great with a lot of 'big' jewelry. She carries off the smaller, simpler pieces stunningly though.

Yes she can look very elegant and almost always does in evening wear. If she decked herself out in alot of jewels she would look like a kid playing dress up in her mother's clothing.

We won't know until she's tried!
I'm sure she can find enough diamonds which are both dripping and suitable for her frame, and we will be the judge of it. :D

Catherine's stature as a royal will change as she grows into the role and becomes more comfortable. As time goes by, she will feel more comfortable wearing more bling.

Earrings please. Information on them anyone?
Kate's earrings are Kiki McDonough blue topaz and diamond earrings. They are custom made and not available for sale (although similar earrings are).
She has worn them on several occasions, including for the Olympic Opening ceremony.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. They are stunning!

They are quite beautiful and she can wear them perfectly. Seeng her in some chunky earrings is nice since she can wear just about anything and look great. Love the hair up with them too.

Anybody have an ID on the pearl drop earring she wore to the gymnastic event??? I think they're new and could possibly have diamonds on the lever backs too.

No problem, glad you liked them, there are more photos (in other albums), with jewellery that wasn't ID, and so on.

Query whether Catherine is wearing a new pair of pearl earrings on arrival in Sinagapore?

Query whether Catherine is wearing a new pair of pearl earrings on arrival in Sinagapore?

They are not new. Please read post #494 above regarding the hoop and pearl dangles.

I am missing a little bit hints on the jewelry the DoCa is wearing during her Asia trip.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor
Looking at this really excellent page, Day 3 official state dinner at Malaysia - does somebody has information about the bracelet? I think the earrings we have seen already at some earlier event.
Overall - I am missing the big bling. :ermm:

But I LOVE this dress.....

I am missing a little bit hints on the jewelry the DoCa is wearing during her Asia trip.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor
Looking at this really excellent page, Day 3 official state dinner at Malaysia - does somebody has information about the bracelet? I think the earrings we have seen already at some earlier event.
Overall - I am missing the big bling. :ermm:

But I LOVE this dress.....
During her trip to Asia, so far she wore Kiki hoops with Annoushka pearls:
ID's on Duchess of Cambridge jewellery. | Facebook
Also her sapphire earrings
New earrings I wasn't able to ID yet:
Kate's UFO jewelry | Facebook
And as for State Dinner, two new pieces from Catherine Zoraida
bracelet ID's on Duchess of Cambridge jewellery. | Facebook
earrings: ID's on Duchess of Cambridge jewellery. | Facebook

If you join my FB page you will know all the details. As I post what kind of jewellery she wears at every event. Hope it's OK to post it here.

During her trip to Asia, so far she wore Kiki hoops with Annoushka pearls:
Also her sapphire earrings
New earrings I wasn't able to ID yet:
Kate's UFO jewelry | Facebook
And as for State Dinner, two new pieces from Catherine Zoraida
bracelet ID's on Duchess of Cambridge jewellery. | Facebook
earrings: ID's on Duchess of Cambridge jewellery. | Facebook

If you join my FB page you will know all the details. As I post what kind of jewellery she wears at every event. Hope it's OK to post it here.

Dear Annaelfka - thanks so much. This is great.

:previous: Thank you as always, for sharing the pictures. The earrings are lovely.

You are welcome! Today Duchess wore her Kiki Grace earrings.

I love all the earrings, especially the first two pairs (with the baroque pearls and the sapphire ones - so beautiful and elegant!). The bracelet is not my cup of tea though.

I think I am right in saying that during the recent tour in which they were officially representing the Queen, Kate didn't wear any jewels which were either borrowed from the Queen or what we might know as having been "in the family". (Unlike on the Candian tour). I think this is rather sad and a little strange - I guess they would have been made available, so I wonder why we didn't get to see any. On a Jubilee tour I would have thought that this would have been the case.

Catherine doesn't strike me as a jewel lover. At least she doesn't seem like she like big jewels. I was hoping she'd get to wear something of the Queen's on this tour as well.

There wern't exactly a lot of "jewel" events on this tour. Even the state dinners were pretty dressed down affairs so not much occassion to throw on the diamonds even if she had wanted to.

There wern't exactly a lot of "jewel" events on this tour. Even the state dinners were pretty dressed down affairs so not much occassion to throw on the diamonds even if she had wanted to.
Yes that's true but I thought there might have been a nod to her hosts by wearing something significant such as a previous gift to the Queen from these countries. There were some new jewels on display but none of them from "the vaults". I'm still a little puzzled that not even a bracelet or pair of earrings might have been considered suitable.
I think my point is part of a bigger moan which is reflected in other people's comments in the general royal jewel thread. Why when there are so many wonderful jewels in the various royal collections do we so rarely see them? I don't think the austerity argument is valid as the jewels are already there, and it is what people want to see. Perhaps in some cases it's the cost of altering them to suit today's style.
Costume jewellery is fine but not for all occasions.

I agree, Catherine should have worn some "real" jewels for the dinner with the Malaysian royal family. I am sure something suitable could have been found that would match well with her gown that evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom