Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Citrine is a stone that also can be a pale green.
Like I said, , I have been following her jewelry for a few moths now, she already has kiki earrings with citrine.
Her eyes are green, and the Kiki site sold such earrings with green amethyst. So I believe that what I wrote is correct, especially that in the close ups you can clearly see the colour is not yellow, opposite, to her other citrine drop earrings.

The Kiki McDonough website has a photo which shows her wearing a similar pair of earrings in June of this year.

I happen to like the citrine earrings! Great size and they seem to dangle slightly, wonder if they actually WERE a Christmas Gift from Prince William?

I like the earrings. They do appear to be Prasiolite and the "trim" stones are probably a natural white stone, white topaz or zircon (not cubic zirconia) or white sapphire). If they were all diamond, they would be $20,000 earrings. Very pretty.

Well, they're lovely but $3,000 for a pair of earrings with a semi-precious center stone? :eek: Even though they're 18K and have diamonds, that is a lot of money, IMO. I guess I haven't done a lot of jewelry shopping lately to know current prices!

And on the other hand, I really like the soft application of Kate's eyeliner in the photo on the Grazia Fashion link. You can see the difference when you scroll down and look at the second picture. What a nice improvement.

I agree on the price, it's way too much.
But I guess it's a price that includes the name & mark "Kiki" ...

KittyAtlanta, those earrings are with diamonds. She has other Kiki earrings with topaz and diamonds.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:The dangly stones are yellow diamonds? It's possible, but doubtful, as they are Kiki's.

Have I totally missed the point? LOL Someone tell me that the earrings are gold, with some white stone gypsy sent into the hoop part and then what kind of stone is dangling?

I'm sitting here being dazzled by the 12 ct. pink sapphire I got for Christmas, so Kate's itty bitty earrings are not enough to be a distraction.

I'll have to go to the Kiki website now.

OK, been to the Kiki website...not impressed, I must say. The blue topaz collet necklace and matching earrings should not cost more than $2,500.

You may disagree, and that's fine with me...

Last edited:
The cost of jewelry very much depends on the quality of the stones. I want a cornflower blue sapphire so bad I can taste it, but a very good stone can run $30,000.00 and I don't have that kind of money.

And those type of sapphires with that gorgeous color can be extremely expensive, but I can't see a green amethyst earring costing $2,000 - not for any semi-precious stone. As another poster mentioned, it's the designer name that most likely drives the cost up.

Last edited:
I have talked to a friend of mine recently, who is jeweler, and she told me that prices for all kind of stones (precious, semi-precious etc.), have extremely gone up during the last 2 years.
Not as much as gold and platinum, but still....

so in her jewllery box there are
got the information from this site
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Jewels

engagement ring (dianas)
wedding earings
scroll tiara (loan from the queen)
saphire earings worn in Canada
the wedding gift necklace and braclet in diamond and ruby
a diamond braclet worn at BAFTA Brits to Watch
Diamond pendent erings worn at BAFTA Brits to Watch (loan from the queen)
Diamond cluster eraings Concert at Parliament Hill
Diamond maple leaf brosch (loan from the queen)

The maple leaf brooch is definitely lent for the occasion only. I expect it is safely tucked away in HM's jewellery box until next we see it, probably Camilla will wear it when she and Charles do the Diamond Jubilee trip to Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
As as her collection grows, so will the size of her jewel box, I expect!

:previous:The dangly stones are yellow diamonds? It's possible, but doubtful, as they are Kiki's.

Have I totally missed the point? LOL Someone tell me that the earrings are gold, with some white stone gypsy sent into the hoop part and then what kind of stone is dangling?

Hmm, I wrote few times but I guess you didn't read closely.
That earrings are gold, the hoops are incrusted with small diamonds. The bigger stone, hanging from the hoop is GREEN AMETHYST, no yellow diamond, or citrine, and it is also set in gold with incrusted diamonds.
Kiki prices are always very high.

In jewelry box of Kate there is much more.
Maple leaf brooch and Halo tiara were only on loan.

Is someone wants to see all her jewelry, I put again my links:
Jewelry inspired by Kate | Facebook

Kate's UFO jewelry | Facebook

Great site on Kate jewelry is the one mentioned above:
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Jewels

Last edited:
also I believe she recieved a diamond brooch of a panda, am I correct? She has probably recieved many more pieces and is spacing them out for wearing, which I am not liking..hehe

Hmm, I wrote few times but I guess you didn't read closely.
No, I guess I didn't read closely and, oh, thx for pointing out the facts of the earrings.

At that price, Kate could have had an entire parure of prasiolite (a very inexpensive stone). Penny wise and pound foolish, IMO.

Aren't prasiolite and green amethyst one and the same?

But she's into this particular kind of design. Sometimes it's about style and not quantity.

It's really no different to spending hundreds of pounds on shoes or handbags which cost only a fraction of the price to make. For example, it costs Nike $7 to make a pair of trainers they then sell for $145. Paying extra for a piece of jewellery because it's by Kiki McDonough is the same thing.

I won't disagree about the Nike brand, which are made by little children in sweatshops. Wonder where Kiki McDonough's jewelry is made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom