Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!! We FINALLY got to see her in some big bling! :) Instead of endless postings about her engagement ring, sapphire earrings... lol. I have a feeling she received some major jewels from her wedding, but will take her time to trot them out for us to see.

I'm sorry, but I hate to see her hair all entangled in the necklace. And upon further look at the closeup, you can see that those are diamond circles, not solid stones, and the diamonds/rubies are modest in size. The necklace reminds me of a modern fringe design. But this is further proof that Kate can carry larger pieces with flair and elegance.

Last edited:
What I've read said it was "a wedding gift from a family friend who wishes to remain anonymous". I can't blame them for that. They would probably be villified, drawn & quartered in the press for the extravagence in this economy blah blah blah.

I'm happy she got some bling as wedding gifts, and she looks stunning, but the necklace leaves a little to be desired for me in the design department.

Hello

It might be a very stupid question, or already answered, but is it any special reason why Kate never wears a tiara (out of her wedding).

It's a modern piece and she can carry it off. I do wish her hair had been up or just put back just so we could see the jewelry. Bit pointless wearing something so nice and hiding it.

What I've read said it was "a wedding gift from a family friend who wishes to remain anonymous".

She does have a rather rich uncle, doesn't she? As she and William never backed down in their support of her uncle, even when he was caught in that media sting, and invited him to their wedding, I could imagine that something along the line of this jewellery could have been his wedding gift to his niece. Just speculation, but surely they don't want to have all those stories about Uncle Gary rehashed on her appearing with his wedding gift - so we'll probably never know what she got from her uncle. But we already know that her own parents gave her jewellery, so it's not so off the beaten track.

I'm no doubt the odd one out, but I don't like this piece at all. It's not at all attractive in design and a waste of some fairly lovely stones, imo.

I have a feeling that this necklace is convertable as well. I also wonder if the ruby diamond flowers are removeable? That way she could wear pearls or diamonds or whatever with this piece, now that would be fantastic! Just a thought. Love the new pieces and I too would have loved to have seen her hair pulled back a bit to show off them even more.

Hello

It might be a very stupid question, or already answered, but is it any special reason why Kate never wears a tiara (out of her wedding).
After the wedding she didn't attended at any white tie banquet, state banquet or similar event. BRF's members wear tiaras only at such occasions. Maybe Diamond Jubilee next year will be a chance to see Kate with tiara on her head.

I have a feeling that this necklace is convertable as well. I also wonder if the ruby diamond flowers are removeable? That way she could wear pearls or diamonds or whatever with this piece, now that would be fantastic! Just a thought. Love the new pieces and I too would have loved to have seen her hair pulled back a bit to show off them even more.
Would be nice if flowers could be replaced by something different. I like this necklace but small flowers are a little hmmm... too girly :ermm:. I don't know, something is 'off'. Solid rocks would be better for me. Anyway glad to see Kate with some nice jewels, hope she'll wear it more often.

Hmm...the necklace looks much better from a distance.
Close-up...judge for yourselves.

v Duchess of Cambridge diamond & ruby necklace and bracelet, December 2011
"wedding gift from a family friend"
thumbnails cropped from larger images and not subject to copyright restriction

Attachments

• Cambridge Diamond & Ruby necklace, wedding gift Dec 2011.jpg
    Cambridge Diamond & Ruby necklace, wedding gift Dec 2011.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,887
  • Cambridge Diamond & Ruby necklace 'wedding gift from a family friend' Dec11.jpg
    Cambridge Diamond & Ruby necklace 'wedding gift from a family friend' Dec11.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 560
  • Cambridge Diamond & Ruby necklace 'wedding gift from a family friend' Dec11b.jpg
    Cambridge Diamond & Ruby necklace 'wedding gift from a family friend' Dec11b.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 828
  • Cambridge Diamond & Ruby bracelet, wedding gift Dec 2011.jpg
    Cambridge Diamond & Ruby bracelet, wedding gift Dec 2011.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,617
Last edited:
I tend to agree with you, but at least it's a larger piece in terms of the size of the necklace, not the stones.

Still, if someone wanted to give me one for Christmas I wouldn't turn my nose up at it.

Well, Uncle Gary does have some taste in jewelry. Modern, not too expensive (little stones), but with a lot of oomph!

Was Uncle Gary the gifter, do we know? I just read "family friend," but then this might be deliberately vague. Would be nice if he bought the Portland Tiara for her as well.;)

Last edited:
A pity to wear such a nice jewel and to ahve all that hair around ! She sohuld have tied up her hair !

Last edited by a moderator:
This is beautiful diamond and ruby necklace and bracelet :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I's speculate it came from William's side - either the Queen or Charles. And we dont know what William gave Kate as well. Clarence house stating a family friend is vague and could mean anyone or indeed still a gift from the Saudi royals?

Thanks for posting the up-close pictures of the jewelry, I'm surprised how modern the circles and starburst look up close.

Has anyone posted an really good photo of the earrings worn?

Im not a fan of the necklace at all, looks childish to me with the look of shooting stars/flowers. IMO, would be much more nicer if the flowers weren't made up of several rubies but one single ruby. Its nice to see her go for something new something modern but this is not a nice set.

Moreover, with such a necklace, Kate should be wearing her hair up, with hair down and covering most of the necklace, she might as well have not worn it.

I like the necklace and the bracelet, it's very modern but beautiful in my opinion. I wouldn't say no to it either.

I doubt it was a gift from the Saudis. They don't seem to gift small stones and the pieces are always classic. This necklace is "nice" while Saudi gifts are always show stoppers.

ohh such loverly rubies and diamonds i quite like the necklace and if it is convertable to make a tiara i think it would look stunning

ohh such loverly rubies and diamonds i quite like the necklace and if it is convertable to make a tiara i think it would look stunning

I agree, mary stuart, this is a wonderful piece of jewelry. But I would rather see it a tiara on the Duchess. With that wonderful hair - with a wonderful hair-do - that necklace would look fantastic on her.

I's speculate it came from William's side - either the Queen or Charles. And we dont know what William gave Kate as well. Clarence house stating a family friend is vague and could mean anyone or indeed still a gift from the Saudi royals?

My theory is Harry.... it could be one of the other royal families... Saudis, Norwegian, Danes.... but I am leaning toward Harry. I agree the family friend reference is intentionally vague. Its a modern setting and a pretty personal gift. And the first time she wears it is with both brothers.

If it's a friend of the family, that wouldn't be Harry.

I don't see it as a personal type gift at all - it's not at all clear that this was chosen by someone who knows her tastes well.

Naturally, a necklace with big rubies as flowers would be far more expensive than this one, and this one is not within my price range, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom