The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
this was such a happy surprise! for so many reasons. 1 - one of my favorite tiaras, 2 - Catherine is getting over her shyness of wearing substantial jewels (raid away!) 3 - a sentimental favorite.

looks to be a repeat on the dress from previous diplomatic reception .... no one cares - we got tiara love!!
It's good to see her embracing her role as a senior royal and wearing the family jewels. I think it just took her some time to get used to the idea that it's now her place to wear these things. Crown Princess Mary of Denmark said in an interview that it took her some time to get used to it all as well.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

There is only going to be drive by car shots so not a lot of the dress is going to be seen.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 12-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh well rats...was hoping for a shot as she got out of the car.

LaRae
Old 12-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

This tiara has always been of my favorites but I think this was a really bad idea. We will now be subjected to an overdose of comparisons between Kate and Diana that will be nauseating.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

Tilia C,

You are correct the pearls are there.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
it's too bad we didn't get a photo from the other side like we did in 2013. Then we could probably see.
Yeah, but those were the departure pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
This tiara has always been of my favorites but I think this was a really bad idea. We will now be subjected to an overdose of comparisons between Kate and Diana that will be nauseating.
It wasn't a bad idea for her to wear the tiara. The tiara was never Diana's to begin with. It's a family heirloom that was lent to Diana to wear. Like most of the family jewels, it's been passed down to another senior royal, Catherine. Princess Charlotte may end up wearing it in the future. The comparisons will always be there.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Are you saying that 'weird' glow (flash) are the pearls sitting behind the diamonds?
(When I first saw the pictures, I thought they were photoshopped because of the strange 'glowing shadows' that are usually the diamonds.)

The pearls look much smaller and are not sitting inside the loop.

It could be because her head it tilted backward that the pearls have fallen out of view.
Yep, that's what I'm saying. I think that they dangle 'out' of the loops because the tiara is sitting at an angle and we only see it from the side. I think that this pic shows the pearls best.
The Annual Diplomatic Reception At Buckingham Palace | Getty Images

It is really frustrating: something exceptional is happening in jewel watching, and the pics are awful.

Old 12-08-2015, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I know. I would love to see a full on picture. But now that she's worn it once, I'm hoping that this won't be the last time we see her in it.
Exactly what I was thinking also,The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara also really suits the Duchess!
Old 12-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

Knock me over with a feather, but I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yeah, but those were the departure pics.
Oh I didn't know that. So there is a hope for a photo from the other side.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the tiara and the hair!

LaRae
Old 12-08-2015, 06:10 PM
Aristocracy

Catherine looks just magnificent the Cambridge Tiara, just so perfect on her. I am thrilled that she is finally wearing some of the family jewels and we all get to enjoy seeing them again. I think she is wearing a white lace gown, just going by what the picture shows. I would love to see her in a full length picture with William beside her. They make one gorgeous couple.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Royal Highness

I do have a question as to how some of these family heirloom tiaras are going to be worn in the future. So Kate has worn three tiaras now. Does this mean these are exclusively loaned out to her or will Harry's future wife also get to wear them?
Old 12-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Majesty

such a shame we didn't get to see a better pic :(
is kate wearing a repeat dress? it looks like she reused the dress she wore in 2013 for the diplomatic reception, am i right?

has the lover's knot tiara been used ever since diana died?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^Good question Empress Merel. Is QEII going to follow the Dutch model and permit the ladies to choose from a certain collection or will she make permanent loans like she has in the past?
Old 12-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I've seen a pic of Camilla wearing it...unless it was photoshopped onto her head....

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/502573639640034582/

LaRae
Courtier

I'm so glad to see Kate wearing this tiara! It's always been one of my favorites, but I was afraid it might go unused for a generation or so due to the strong association with Diana (and the inevitable comparisons).

As usual, such a shame that we don't get proper pictures from events like this. There are so few occasions on which Kate wears a tiara, and even fewer from which we get decent photos. She looks lovely, though, from what I can see.
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I do have a question as to how some of these family heirloom tiaras are going to be worn in the future. So Kate has worn three tiaras now. Does this mean these are exclusively loaned out to her or will Harry's future wife also get to wear them?
It's hard to know. It mostly seems like once someone starts wearing a tiara, they're the only one who wears it until it "passes" on to the next person.

But only time will tell. Perhaps, if Harry ever gets married, Harry's wife & Kate will switch off with the Halo or Lotus Flower.
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I doubt Harry's wife will wear them. It's not like other royal families where tiaras are treated like a potluck. Here the tiaras usually get loaned to one person per generation. After Catherine they will probably be used by Charlotte or George's wife in a new generation.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I've seen a pic of Camilla wearing it...unless it was photoshopped onto her head....

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/502573639640034582/

LaRae

Photoshop.