The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 12:29 PM
Aristocracy

Didn't film premiers used to be tiara events? if so, why are they not anymore?

Old 10-27-2015, 12:41 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Didn't film premiers used to be tiara events? if so, why are they not anymore?
I would think its just due to the changing times. Back in the tiara to the premiers days, it was also unheard of for women to attend church without a proper dress, hat and gloves on. Now its common place to wear just about anything to anywhere and its acceptable.

In the changing economies too, perhaps the extravagant and glitter of expensive jewels and the common place fur stoles and coats have also been relegated to the chests in the attic as we've become more thrifty by necessity and for a lot of us, animal fur for clothing has become a world wide campaign to eliminate the senseless killing of animals for fur.

One thing I am so glad has been relegated to the chest in the attic though is the corset or girdle. How uncomfortable those must have been eh? Now we've got Spanx to shape us comfortably in most cases.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-27-2015, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

Spanx, comfortable??? Hahahaha ......
Old 10-27-2015, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Spanx, comfortable??? Hahahaha ......
Hahah, my thought as well :P But I guess that compared to corsets it might be?
Old 10-27-2015, 03:13 PM
Majesty

I'd find a tiara worn to a film premiere to be strange these days. Tiaras seem to be worn mainly for State events now.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:40 PM
Nobility

The Duchess of Cambridge attended the 100 Women in Hedge Funds black tie dinner.
The Duchess complemented her outfit with the late Queen Mother's diamond and sapphire earrings.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5976351343.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5974908624.jpg

Source: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton wears Erdem dress to 100 Women in Hedge Funds dinner | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-27-2015, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the earrings!
Old 10-27-2015, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Do we have an ID on the earrings?

ETA: Ah see the ID mentioned above!

LaRae
Old 10-27-2015, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Do we have an ID on the earrings?

ETA: Ah see the ID mentioned above!

LaRae
Kate
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5976289604.jpg

Queen Mother

http://i61.tinypic.com/29porxz.jpg
Old 10-27-2015, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Love them on both Royal ladies!
Old 10-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely earrings... but the price is yikes! At least the women of the faily seem to share lots of pieces...
Old 10-27-2015, 06:23 PM
Royal Highness

I love tonights earrings! Stunning! I'm a fan of the art deco style. And sapphires for Kate is always great. I hope these are more of a gift/longtime loan so we will see them more on her!! Always great when she digs into the royal jewels!! :) She has been on a roll jewellry wise!
Old 10-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Nobility

I can't see the earrings thru the mane of hair in her face. Kate...pull your hair back please!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Majesty

The earrings are very beautiful.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if these were a bequest to Charles who then lent/gave them to Catherine.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Id guess that Charles who got many of the Queen Mum's (via the Queen who decided what she wold like to keep for herself and then gave Charles many other bits) pieces decided to gift these to his daughter-in-law. Camilla has got many of the pieces from the QM and now its Kate's turn to get some pieces. I'd imagine some will be left for Harry's future wife as well

Great to see some more of these jewels being brought out. And sapphires are beautiful.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Thank you put the photo of the Queen Mother to be able to see the earrings because in Catherine with these hair Nice earrings but I do not like very much.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I wonder if these were a bequest to Charles who then lent/gave them to Catherine.
As I understood it, the Queen Mothers estate was left in its entirety to HMQ, thus avoiding Death Duties. The Queen then lent the PoW some of the jewels we have seen his wife wear. Whether these earrings were lent/given to the Duchess of Cambridge by him, or by HMQ we will probably never know for certain.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I do like the earrings. They are lovely. They'd be even lovelier if they could be seen! I wish Kate would wear her hair up more at evening events, where jewellery is more important.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Id guess that Charles who got many of the Queen Mum's (via the Queen who decided what she wold like to keep for herself and then gave Charles many other bits) pieces decided to gift these to his daughter-in-law. Camilla has got many of the pieces from the QM and now its Kate's turn to get some pieces. I'd imagine some will be left for Harry's future wife as well

Great to see some more of these jewels being brought out. And sapphires are beautiful.
Exactly! Very nice to see. I hope these are a gift/longtime loan and that we will see them on Catherine alot. They fit her style and of the sapphire is perfect with her ring!

Closed Thread