The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I can't agree there, as it's CERTAIN that Charles is a connoisseur of fine jewellery [as proven by the collection he has amassed for his wife], and loves to see the women around him bedecked in the finery that is his [and their] heritage.

I hope his reign will be a glittering one !
I've never noticed he is into anything 'blingy'. He seems to go for a more subtle look. Not the excess of previous decades. Certainly the women around him wear nice jewelry..it's just more subtle outside the special events.

LaRae

Old 02-21-2015, 11:34 PM
Majesty

Many photos of Catherine's jewels:

Duchess Kate: Jewellery

Old 02-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Many photos of Catherine's jewels:

Duchess Kate: Jewellery
Very interesting article & pics , nice thanks
Old 02-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I've never noticed he is into anything 'blingy'. He seems to go for a more subtle look. Not the excess of previous decades. Certainly the women around him wear nice jewelry..it's just more subtle outside the special events. LaRae
I've always thought he had an eye for jewels worthy of a Queen/princess/Duchess. He buys good, substantial pieces, that may or may not appear blingy, based on your perception of that term.

But his taste is not for tiny, understated bobs and bits. The pieces he has gotten Camilla and Kate all are easily appreciated in the kinds of photos in which they will appear at various events. His sense of scale is appropriate for the "job" the jewels will be doing, IMHO.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Oh yes, Charles loves to see royal women in very fine jewels.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-23-2015, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I've always thought he had an eye for jewels worthy of a Queen/princess/Duchess. He buys good, substantial pieces, that may or may not appear blingy, based on your perception of that term.

But his taste is not for tiny, understated bobs and bits. The pieces he has gotten Camilla and Kate all are easily appreciated in the kinds of photos in which they will appear at various events. His sense of scale is appropriate for the "job" the jewels will be doing, IMHO.

Yes I agree...nice elegant substantial pieces not flashy blingy pieces.

LaRae
Old 02-24-2015, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I think it's time to return to the topic of this thread, the Duchess of Cambridge's jewellery.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Majesty

Kate: A Year in Jewels (Part One) | The Court Jeweller

Kate: A Year in Jewels (Part Two) | The Court Jeweller

The Duchess has a stunning collection so far. The Nizam of Hyderabad necklace is especially amazing!
Old 03-10-2015, 10:35 PM
Majesty

Yesterday, Catherine wore beautiful new earrings:

Catherine Duchess of Cambridge attends the Commonwealth Service at... News Photo | Getty Images
Old 03-11-2015, 05:48 AM
Courtier

They are by Kiki McADonough:
https://www.facebook.com/13242619684...675311/?type=1
Old 03-11-2015, 08:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Lovely. Do we think she has multiple pairs of similar earrings, or just multiple pairs of the dangly bits in different colours?
Old 03-11-2015, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Lovely. Do we think she has multiple pairs of similar earrings, or just multiple pairs of the dangly bits in different colours?
I would think they were multiple pairs of similar earrings - it's a style she seems to like and I think it would be a bit fiddly changing the colours of the stones all the time!
Old 03-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Royal Highness

She has the "ring part" one red gold and one white gold. Then different drops. The rings and most of her drops is from Kiki McDonough but today she has her Annoushka pearl dangles instead which she uses on the rings as well.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I love her collection of Kiki McDonough earrings - especially loving this latest pair in the pink stone. Dreaming and saving up for a pair myself

Old 03-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Stupid question: are the stones detachable or changeable for that matter?
Old 03-11-2015, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Stupid question: are the stones detachable or changeable for that matter?
In the link shared above by annaelfka you can see that the earrings consist of the diamond studded ring-like elements and a kind of pendant with pink stones that can be hanged on the ring elements. So yes, the elements with the colourd stones can be very easily swapped. It would only take seconds to do that.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
In the link shared above by annaelfka you can see that the earrings consist of the diamond studded ring-like elements and a kind of pendant with pink stones that can be hanged on the ring elements. So yes, the elements with the colourd stones can be very easily swapped. It would only take seconds to do that.
In my FB album you can see close up of jewellery worn by the Duchess.
She has Kiki McDonough classic hoops in gold with diamonds.
With those she wears intercheangable drops in citrine & green amethyst (cushion cut & oval) also by Kiki. With those hoops she also wears Annoushka pearl drops.
Her latest addition is Kiki McDonough classic hoops in white gold with diamonds, and morganite drops.
Pics here.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6846254&type=3
Old 03-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I would think they were multiple pairs of similar earrings - it's a style she seems to like and I think it would be a bit fiddly changing the colours of the stones all the time!
Dearest Jack let me share a little of information. Ladies do not mind being "fiddly" when it comes to enhancing our jewelry. I agree with those that believe it there are multiple drops that she swaps out from time to time.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Dearest Jack let me share a little of information. Ladies do not mind being "fiddly" when it comes to enhancing our jewelry. I agree with those that believe it there are multiple drops that she swaps out from time to time.
Agreed. I've had a pair for years. They are so simple to swap out. They also are very comfortable and light though they look substantial when worn.

Mine came with gold hoops and acorn drops originally - and I've added to the collection of drops ever since. I recommend them to anyone so inclined.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:25 AM
Majesty

Catherine is wearing a previously unseen pair of sapphire and diamond earrings and pendant at the commemoration service at St Paul's today.

The Queen and David Cameron lead tributes at St Paul's memorial service to honour the 453 British heroes who died fighting the Taliban* | Daily Mail Online

Closed Thread