The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The wearing of jewels went out of fashion with the BRF years ago. Outside of a State Visit and Diplomats reception there isn't any jewel/tiara occasions and even then there are not many photos released.

The days of royals in Britain dripping in jewels are over.
Which is a shame and I think they should bring back at least some of that glamour. They used to release formal and informal pictures. Now it only happens once in a blue moon...and that's only from The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Which is a shame and I think they should bring back at least some of that glamour. They used to release formal and informal pictures. Now it only happens once in a blue moon...and that's only from The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh.
I'm an American so I love seeing the women of the BRF wearing loads of bling. However, I think they are trying to be more low-key about showing their wealth. I mean, some taxpayers in Britain seem to complain about everything the royals do so not wearing humongous jewels as much as they used to do might be a way of appeasing those people.

I think the Duchess looked amazing in those emerald earrings. The color of the jewelry and the dress were a perfect match for the tartan colors of St. Andrews. She looked lovely.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:20 PM
Courtier

To those ID's:
Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
I posted close ups but they are burried somewhere in the comments:
Emeralds: https://www.facebook.com/13242619684...levant_count=1
Patrick Mavros large crocodiles worn to the conservation reception:
https://www.facebook.com/13242619684...levant_count=1
We can add latest ID, in New York, Kate wore Kenneth Jay Lane earrings
https://www.facebook.com/13242619684...60753407346860
Old 12-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Serene Highness

Royals including Prince William, Kate and Harry descend on Buckingham Palace for Christmas lunch | Daily Mail Online

Christmas Tree earrings here.... what are they made of? Costume jewellry only?
BYe Bine
Old 12-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Courtier

Info on the earrings, they date back to 2007
https://www.facebook.com/13242619684...levant_count=1
Old 12-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Royals including Prince William, Kate and Harry descend on Buckingham Palace for Christmas lunch | Daily Mail Online

Christmas Tree earrings here.... what are they made of? Costume jewellry only?
BYe Bine
Never seen these before- love them!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
A jewellery designer beloved of the Duchess of Cambridge is to be honoured with an MBE for her services to fashion.
Nikki Gewirtz, 44, the founder of Lola Rose, will join an exclusive club of designers recognised for their work, among them Anya Hindmarch, Betty Jackson and Alice Temperley.
Speaking to MailOnline, Gewirtz says she was 'absolutely delighted and humbled' to spot her name on the New Year's Honours list, which also included actresses Joan Collins and Sheridan Smith.
Lola Rose designer loved by Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge 'humbled' over MBE | Daily Mail Online

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-31-2014, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

Interesting. I can't seem to recall what jewelry she has born by her...?

Also, I have to add. I'm still gobsmacked from the jewelry she wore at the MET! So amazing looking. Regal but not over the top. Big but not against her style. More of that, please!

Also, do anyone know if there is a way to "guesstimate" the origin of the new Emerald jewelry she wore? Like by setting and such compare to creators, or some jewelry expert guessing where from that kind of jewelry usually comes etc. I know we are guessing some Middle Eastern countries based on the size and the custom of jewelry as gifts from them.. But is it a way to guess based on the variables of the jewelry?

(Sorry for my lack of knowledge :P)
Old 01-01-2015, 02:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
I know I'm the only one but , I don't like those earrings on Kate I like the jewelry just not with what she is wearing. The earrings are too much for the gown. I think Maxima or Camilla could work those earrings for me they aren't working on Kate.
I think you have to be confident and style your hair and gown, preferably in an updo, to display the ears, jaw, and decolletage. Especially with those knockout beauties such as these earrings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I very much liked the earrings.... they are the first real bling ring she has worn so far to be fair
No quite . . . HM loaned her the fabulous Nizam of Hyderabad necklace. The necklace was made by Cartier with 38 diamonds, with a diamond-encrusted snap. It has a detachable double-drop pendant, made of 13 emerald-cut diamonds and a pear-shaped drop, forms the pave-set center of the necklace. The design was based on English roses.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/9c8e2c014...lecvo1_500.jpg

It was worn by the Duchess of Cambridge, after she was lent it by Queen Elizabeth II, for a charity fundraiser on 12 February 2014

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...41_470x652.jpg

And that my friends is as good as it gets, because while the neckline of her gown was designed to showcase that fabulous necklace, it spent most of the evening tangled up in, or totally obscured by, her hair.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I had forgotten the fab Nizam precisely because of her hair that spoilt everything
Old 01-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Didn't Lola Rose make a dress for Kate? Or was that Lela Rose?
Old 01-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Didn't Lola Rose make a dress for Kate? Or was that Lela Rose?
Lela Rose is a brand of the dress Kate wore.
Lola Rose is a jewellery brand, with which Kate is associated. She wore two of her necklaces:
1) https://www.facebook.com/13242619684...92573310831541
2)https://www.facebook.com/13242619684...92573544164851
, and helped designed a pendant, while working at Jigsaw.
https://www.facebook.com/13242619684...59693114119560
Old 01-08-2015, 06:41 AM
Majesty

The Court Jeweller

Blog on Catherine's jewels in 2014
Old 01-12-2015, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate has worn gowns plenty of times. She is not a jewerly person. You dont have to be a certain age for incredible jewels just style to make it your own.
Not a judgement. Its just obvious to me.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:58 PM
Aristocracy

I can't help but wonder if the reason Catherine isn't wearing any of the jewels is because the Queen hasn't decided to loan any to her yet. Although Catherine wears her gowns beautifully, she doesn't often style her hair in a way which would showcase any of the gems. Her hair is usually hanging down on both sides which would obscure many beautiful pieces. Just a thought.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Serene Highness

I can see that. Tiaras and other jewelry around the face and neck should be shown completely not hidden behind hair no matter how pretty said hair is. In my opinion it is time for a sleeker more sophisticated do for her anyway.She is the wife and mother of future kings and a royal dutchess not a 19 year old school girl any more.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
I can't help but wonder if the reason Catherine isn't wearing any of the jewels is because the Queen hasn't decided to loan any to her yet. Although Catherine wears her gowns beautifully, she doesn't often style her hair in a way which would showcase any of the gems. Her hair is usually hanging down on both sides which would obscure many beautiful pieces. Just a thought.
Catherine has worn a couple of jewels that she borrowed from the Queen. I think she have access to her late mother-in-law's jewels as well. I just think it'll take some time to get use to the fact that it's her place to wear them. She could play around Diana's suite too. Diana changed things around from time to time, so could she.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-13-2015, 07:06 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
I can't help but wonder if the reason Catherine isn't wearing any of the jewels is because the Queen hasn't decided to loan any to her yet.
Catherine would have received some very nice and very serious jewellery as gifts from various people at the time of her wedding; we just haven't seen any of it yet. She would also have received further serious jewellery following the birth of Prince George, a long-standing royal tradition which I'd assume continues to this day.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

It's not a glamour time right now....the 80's type of excess are over for now. I doubt we will see anything major except on rare occasion until after she's queen. Even then probably only during special events etc. After Charles is King I don't forsee many grand events either as he (seems to me) to not be a fan of all the fuss.

LaRae
Old 01-13-2015, 07:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
After Charles is King I don't forsee many grand events either as he (seems to me) to not be a fan of all the fuss.
I can't agree there, as it's CERTAIN that Charles is a connoisseur of fine jewellery [as proven by the collection he has amassed for his wife], and loves to see the women around him bedecked in the finery that is his [and their] heritage.

I hope his reign will be a glittering one !

Closed Thread