The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Have to say It would of been really neat to see her wearing sapphires in the ears and around the neck in that gown (which I LOVE) tonight. LaRae
If Catherine has one jewelry rule that she follows - it it to surprise with color in her choice of stones.
It will drive you nuts if you favor matchy/matchy. Because Kate almost always contrasts the color of her gemstone with her apparel.
And I like it.
And I also bet she knows that dark blue and emerald green are the main colors of the U of St. Andrews tartan.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Have to say It would of been really neat to see her wearing sapphires in the ears and around the neck in that gown (which I LOVE) tonight.
Woah... to me, Kate had the effect on me in this lovely evening gown similar to that I think most of us felt seeing Eliza come down those stairs for the ball in My Fair Lady for the first time. (It still gets me every time I watch that movie... one of my favorites) Simply elegant and regal.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the symmetry or balance of matching with an offset of a complimentary color.

I am sure the main point was a nod to the colors of St Andrews tartan.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Heir Apparent

What amazes me is the apparent size and clarity of those emeralds. They are not the cloudy hunks of the few veins yet being mined. These return light - they have clarity. You just don't find emeralds of size like that today. Whoa. Either re-worked old gems or extreamly rare new ones. Whoa. We need a smiley tossing up a handful of gemstones, methinks.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I love the earrings and bracelet she wore tonight. I also like that her outfit seems to be a nod to St. Andrews. Here's another photo.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8180987744.jpg
Old 12-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Nobility

I wonder if there is a matching necklace that she chose not to wear. If the jewelery is from Middle Eastern royalty, they tend to give a complete set (earrings, necklace, bracelet or ring) or just earrings and necklace.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:31 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Those are amazing earrings, I wonder what carats the emeralds are. I would love to see if it has a matching necklace, I could only imagine it to be quite a large piece.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:07 AM
Commoner

Emerald and diamond jewellery

I remember Diana wore a diamond and emerald necklace around her forehead I think on her trip to Australia with Charles in 1983. They said she couldn't wear the necklace on her neck because she was sunburnt after the visit to Ayres rock (Uluru).
Old 12-10-2014, 07:12 AM
Courtier

Close up of the jewellery.
Truly royal jewels. Stones are amazing, diamonds are white & yellow.
https://www.facebook.com/13242619684...levant_count=1
Old 12-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Majesty

For once she has worn eye-catching jewels!
Old 12-10-2014, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

I initially thought that a huge diamond necklace would have been nice with the neck-line on the dress, but now that I see close-ups of the earings and bracelet, I think that's enough to make the whole look shine!
Old 12-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I initially thought that a huge diamond necklace would have been nice with the neck-line on the dress, but now that I see close-ups of the earings and bracelet, I think that's enough to make the whole look shine!
Actually I thought that outfit screamed for the Cambridge emerald choker that Diana wore. Imagine the stir if she would have worn it though.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Serene Highness

Do we know the provenance of the jewelry? Are they part of Diana's inheritance to her sons?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Serene Highness

Wow, THAT is what I call an appearance! Congrats! More of that, please!
Where are the jewels from? Wedding gift? Have we ever seen them before?
BYe Bine
Old 12-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Serene Highness

I read that the jewelry is a private gift to Kate.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Jacknch - I think we will see whole parures or all three as she gets older. For now, I think she favors showing off that upper chest and neck. I know there are people who think she needs a shoulder width reduction, but I am not one. I think it looks young, lovely, healthy and strong. I've always thought (no evidence, this is all in my head) that the Duke influences her as well - that he appreciates her long legs and shoulders.
We have lots of years ahead of us watching Kate in jewels - we are so lucky!
Old 12-10-2014, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Those earrings are huge! Real statement pieces. Imo they don't need to be paired with a necklace. I also love that she wears the emeralds with this dark blue dress, it makes a lovely contrast. Perfect outfit, imo.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Royal Highness

Those earrings are magnificent.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Exquisite emeralds. I have a sneaky feeling there could be a necklace tucked away for another occasion. Those earrings must be incredibly heavy to wear for a long period of time. The hairstyle and neckline show them off perfectly. Interesting that both times this gown has been worn it has been accompanied by stunning jewels.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Those earrings are huge! Real statement pieces. Imo they don't need to be paired with a necklace. I also love that she wears the emeralds with this dark blue dress, it makes a lovely contrast. Perfect outfit, imo.
At first I felt the neckline of that dress absolutely screamed for a necklace, but now I think it would have been too much, considering the impact of the earrings and necklace.

(She wouldn't want to look like a Christmas tree).

Closed Thread