Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a bit unconfortable about this... I think it's not time to wear this tiara yet. I don't know why, but I think she should have opted for another one.

I am a bit unconfortable about this... I think it's not time to wear this tiara yet. I don't know why, but I think she should have opted for another one.

It's about 20 years since it was last worn... time enough in my opinion. It did surprise me, but in a pleased way.

I think she looks great in it.

She has styled her hair to show the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara at its best.

It's about 20 years since it was last worn... time enough in my opinion. It did surprise me, but in a pleased way.

Well, time enough in your opinion, but not in mine. I think that for a woman who don't want comparisons with Diana it was a bit contradictory. I think she should have worn this tiara of course, but not now.

It's good to see The Duchess of Cambridge wear the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara. Even if the tiara's title is a little misleading. More importantly this gives me hope that she'll wear the Cambridge Emeralds in the future. They would be magnificent with her green eyes.

Well, time enough in your opinion, but not in mine. I think that for a woman who don't want comparisons with Diana it was a bit contradictory. I think she should have worn this tiara of course, but not now.

Is she wearing the same tiara?

If she is wearing the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara then it is without the pearls that dangled.

If she is wearing the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara then it is without the pearls that dangled.

Yes, she is. I can 't give you a reply as from the photos the head is a bit cut and one can't see the tiara in full view...

The pear shaped pearls have been removed and are not in the tiara.

The Duchess of Cambridge seems to wear Queen mary's Lovers Knot tiara today for the diplomatic Reception
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVuuXU6WEAEe4x9.jpg:large
I like to hear it being called Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara. Because we should not forget that it was made for Queen Mary. Really, I don't understand the the 'Cambridge' part sticks so much to this tiara. The real Cambridge lover's knot tiara was inherited by the descendants of the late Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge. It was finally sold in auction.

She is wearing the tiara with the pearls, they are just dangling a bit behind the tiara and are not that obvious to see.

HURRAH ! , not just for the re-emergence of the 'Lover's knot', but MORE for the fact that certain items are no longer considered 'sacrosanct' or unwearable by virtue of their association with the late Princess of Wales, and can now be worn. and seen again without the mawkish sentiment surrounding her

If we had better pictures or if the Cambridge's had arrived in a State car, we would be able to see if Catherine has received her Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II.

I think she looks great in it.

She has styled her hair to show the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara at its best.

I have to agree that the tiara looks spectacular against Kate's brunette hair.

If we had better pictures or if the Cambridge's had arrived in a State car, we would be able to see if Catherine has received her Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II.

Do you really she has gotten it?

this was such a happy surprise! for so many reasons. 1 - one of my favorite tiaras, 2 - Catherine is getting over her shyness of wearing substantial jewels (raid away!) 3 - a sentimental favorite.

looks to be a repeat on the dress from previous diplomatic reception .... no one cares - we got tiara love!!

As long as it stays ivory I hope she is never seen in it. It already puts all the other royal women in a bad light, I'd rather Catherine just avoid it.

Are those earrings the ones she's borrowed from QEII before?

I like to hear it being called Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara. Because we should not forget that it was made for Queen Mary. Really, I don't understand the the 'Cambridge' part sticks so much to this tiara. The real Cambridge lover's knot tiara was inherited by the descendants of the late Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge. It was finally sold in auction.

She is wearing the tiara with the pearls, they are just dangling a bit behind the tiara and are not that obvious to see.

Are you saying that 'weird' glow (flash) are the pearls sitting behind the diamonds?
(When I first saw the pictures, I thought they were photoshopped because of the strange 'glowing shadows' that are usually the diamonds.)

The pearls look much smaller and are not sitting inside the loop.

It could be because her head it tilted backward that the pearls have fallen out of view.

What a nice surprise!

Oh, this made my day! I've been saving my first post for just such an occasion. She looks so nice with her hair up, I really wish she'd wear it that way almost exclusively. From what I can see in these photos she looks very regal, IMO not something she pulls off very often.

That's right, these earrings are from HN a nd have been used previously

I think 20 Years is definitely long enough for this tiara to have not been seen. It did not belong to Diana so now it is time for someone else to wear it. It is a beautiful piece and should be worn . As for comparisons , Kate will be compared for as long as she lives that will never end.

This tiara looks so much better on Kate then it ever did on Diana. That messy, short hair didn't do it justice then.

And why too early.. Diana has been dead for many years and this tiara hasn't been seen out in public for years too. Let it go already. This tiara never belonged to her and has been worn by others too. It's time for people to let the past go and move on.

Can't find any pics of her dress yet....

LaRae

Yeah, you can't see if she's wearing the Order on her shoulder or not.

it's too bad we didn't get a photo from the other side like we did in 2013. Then we could probably see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom