Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like the earrings. They are lovely. They'd be even lovelier if they could be seen! I wish Kate would wear her hair up more at evening events, where jewellery is more important.

She wore her hair up with fancy earrings just last night :) She varies it pretty well.

I do like the earrings. They are lovely. They'd be even lovelier if they could be seen! I wish Kate would wear her hair up more at evening events, where jewellery is more important.

I have very long hair myself and I feel more comfortable wearing long dangling earrings like those fringe sapphires when my hair is down. there is something about the sparkle in the hair. When I wear my hair up I tend to wear a more compact structured earring. while I personally would have loved a better look at the earrings - I liked the overall look. This floral print was a more relaxed gown with the long hair and the fringe earrings. Casually elegant.

Wow, it's so good that she's exploring the family jewels. It's her place and she should continue doing so so. There's a lot there.

The thing is that all of the jewelry, loaned or given to the Duchess of C & C eventually get back to the crown, anything given to Harry's wife, the Yorks, etc, leave the crown permanently as they should be passed on to their own children.

Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 -

That's why the jewels are loaned and not given. The descendants of the the non monarchal lines won't have a great need for jewels and will most likely end up at the auction house like Princess Margaret's jewelry.

Kate was loaned the Queen Mum's earrings. It wasn't given to her. The Queen Mums jewelry was inherited by the Queen who will leave most everything to Charles who leaves it William and then to George. All tax free monarch to monarch transfers.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
As I've said before ''I'm not interested in jewelry/fashion at all'', so I have no idea what I'm doing on this thread. But I am (I have found out) interested in the history surrounding the royal jewels.
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Queen Mother's Sapphire and Diamond Fringe Earrings

These are the jewelry that the Queen (so far) has lent to Kate + the two tiaras and some other earrings. When you consider how many opportunities Kate has had to use such jewelry, then we realize that it begins to be many loans from Her Majesty already.
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Duchess of Cambridge: Loans

Last edited:
As I've said before ''I'm not interested in jewelry/fashion at all ', so I have no idea what I'm doing on this thread. But I am (I have found out) interested in the history surrounding the royal jewels.
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Queen Mother's Sapphire and Diamond Fringe Earrings

These are the jewelry that the Queen (so far) has lent to Kate + the two tiaras and some other earrings. When you consider how many opportunities Kate has had to use such jewelry, then we realize that it begins to be many loans from Her Majesty already.
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Duchess of Cambridge: Loans

It's exciting to think that Catherine might have good access to the Queen Mother's collection- so many lovely pieces she might choose. And it would make sense- Charles was so close to her, I imagine it's lovely for him to be able to share her jewel collection with his wife and his daughter in law.

How wonderful she is wearing so many loans lately. She needs to learn to showcase the jewels over the clothes and hair

There are some jewel encrusted hair clips that have not seen the light of day in decades. The DoC should be wearing those. She has the hair for it. Many people say that some of the jewels available would age her, the hair clips would definately be age appropriate, even if they need some updating, it's not like that hasn't been done before.

The earrings have a very modern, contemporay look, they suit Catherine and her style perfectly, imo. Do we know when Queen Mum started to wear them? It's fascinating to see the Duchess wearing more and more of the heirloom jewels. Well done! I'm already curious what heirlooms she will be outing next.

PS. Did you notice that she is wearing her wedding gift bracelet again?

I loved the earrings! At least this pais si big and can been seen, even with loosed hair... I find it interesting too that Kate is starting using jewellery from the royal vault! Has HM given her a free card since the banquet? We'll see, I assume...

:previous: What a waste! These beautiful art deco earrings met the same fate as The Nizam of Hyderabad Necklace . . . all snarled up in her voluminous curls and waves.

Well Marg I think that you are right in that but they are none the less gorg don't you think?

:previous: What a waste! These beautiful art deco earrings met the same fate as The Nizam of Hyderabad Necklace . . . all snarled up in her voluminous curls and waves.

Dying the death of a thousand curls. ;):whistling:

I wonder what those earrings weigh, though?

When I buy earrings, I always have to check to make sure they're not very heavy, else they tend to stay in the box.

Those earrings may be lovely but they look like they weigh a ton!

I wonder what those earrings weigh, though?

When I buy earrings, I always have to check to make sure they're not very heavy, else they tend to stay in the box.

Those earrings may be lovely but they look like they weigh a ton!
Many of these fancy earrings have like... wires.. that you hang around the ear as well for extra support.

:previous: Nice to see these earrings again. I liked them very much when she wore them for the first time.

I know. I would love to see a full on picture. But now that she's worn it once, I'm hoping that this won't be the last time we see her in it.

From what I can see I don't think she looks that great... I prefer Kate with the other two tiaras she has previously worn...I also think that part of the reason is her hair... don't like the updo...off

Wow, that is a surprise! I really thought that it would be some more years till she would wear this one. Oh, why can't there be more decent photos? It's so difficult to appreciate how it really looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom