The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COESpiral View Post
That necklace is eye-popping and I'm glad the Queen let Kate borrow it for the evening. I do wish Kate had worn her hair back or up just to let everyone get a better view of the jewelry but it's almost a habit with her. Remember this necklace where she wore her hair down? Kate Middleton shines at Sun Military Awards in strapless velvet dress and diamonds | Mail Online Everyone was frustrated because they wanted better pictures but her hair kept getting in the way?
Exactly my own thoughts, COESpiral. That necklace deserved to be showcased appropriately, but once again Kate's hair gets entangled and obscured it at times.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Commoner

Wish Kate would wear her acorn earrings again as I rather liked them. I did think she would wear them for PG's christening (in that way making them her special family event earrings).

Old 02-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Nobility

That necklace is stunning! Kate usually wears smaller pieces; so I'm pleasantly surprised to see her wear a larger piece.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Gentry

What I have been reading here in the US, is that the Queen is making her upgrade some of her wardrobe and jewelry. William is getting more into the Family Business, and she needs to seriously upgrade her appearance a bit. I suspect that the Queen is far more informed of what we think of Kate's appearance than we thought.

It sounds like to me, she is no longer going to be able to get away with her usual attire and jewelry, especially when they go overseas in several months. Representing the Family, she is going to be in a lot more serious jewelry than in the past from what I have been reading.

I loved that necklace on her. I don't mind her leaving the back long, but if she would have just put up the front, it would have looked a whole lot more sophisticated. I am beginning to wonder if she is afraid of becoming too posh.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent

How appalling that her little girl hair and posture should accompany such a gorgeous piece of jewelry. Time to grow up!
Old 02-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Courtier

Maybe everyone should write a polite letter to the Duchess and suggest she wear her hair up, or back in a chignon.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:52 PM
Courtier

What a great necklace! I agree with the messy hair, obviously her hair is not what it used to be. It's too long and flat now that she's had the baby. If I were her I would consider getting a new hair stylist these hair dos are just making her look older imo.

BTW Kate is wearing a new ring, it looks to be a small eternity band. It's right after her engagement ring. Does anyone have a close up?
Old 02-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
What a great necklace! I agree with the messy hair, obviously her hair is not what it used to be. It's too long and flat now that she's had the baby. If I were her I would consider getting a new hair stylist these hair dos are just making her look older imo.

BTW Kate is wearing a new ring, it looks to be a small eternity band. It's right after her engagement ring. Does anyone have a close up?
I noticed the ring too.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-11-2014, 11:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post

This is the best picture I've seen and I can't see another ring

Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Talks To British Artist

EDIT: here is a pic of wedding ring and engagement ring. band on engagement ring much lighter.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...70_306x268.jpg

I dont think there is another ring

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Picture:
I think you can see the ring a bit better here. It seems like it's in front of her engagement ring-
Kate Middleton Photos - Arrivals at The Portrait Gala in London

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Picture:
I think you can see the ring a bit better here. It seems like it's in front of her engagement ring-
Kate Middleton Photos - Arrivals at The Portrait Gala in London
I blew it up as much as I could and I only see two rings, her engagement ring which is made of platinum or white gold and her wedding ring with is either yellow or rose gold. The rings do have distinctively different colors.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Thats the same picture I posted. I think the light coloured band is the band of the engagement ring - which is still too big and turns on her finger. Good reason to have another ring!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Thats the same picture I posted. I think the light coloured band is the band of the engagement ring - which is still too big and turns on her finger. Good reason to have another ring!
I knew that and probably should have quoted your post too. Sorry, cepe, you're one of my favorite posters and don't want you feeling left out.

I think this is the first time we have seen the contrasting colors of the bands thus causing confusion. Wish my ring was a little looser on me - course it would be if I lost some weight.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Courtier

Has HM loaned this piece out to anyone else?
Old 02-12-2014, 12:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Did some research and came up with nobody. But not certain
Old 02-12-2014, 12:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Has HM loaned this piece out to anyone else?
Her Majesty The Queen is the main wearer of this necklace. She has worn this necklace for State Banquets, official portraits and the State Openings of Parliament. Too bad The Queen broke up the tiara because I can see Catherine pulling that off too.

http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.com...-brooches.html

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-12-2014, 01:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshirerose View Post
Wish Kate would wear her acorn earrings again as I rather liked them. I did think she would wear them for PG's christening (in that way making them her special family event earrings).
I'm not sure but it is possible that she is actually wearing them. The bulbous bit at the end where is acorn is is much like the small lumpy bits seen through her hair.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/K...E7ROVtO1kl.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ecb27815e...vy6lo1_500.jpg
Old 02-12-2014, 04:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
Old 02-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I'm not sure but it is possible that she is actually wearing them. The bulbous bit at the end where is acorn is is much like the small lumpy bits seen through her hair.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/K...E7ROVtO1kl.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ecb27815e...vy6lo1_500.jpg
I'm afraid not. There are plenty of pictures that show that she is wearing her "usual" diamond earrings, the ones with the matching bracelet. See weblink below and scroll down to see a clear picture of Catherine's earrings.

http://whatkatewore.com/

I have never seen her wear the acorn earrings other than at her wedding.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Glad others noticed the diamond eternity ring next to her engagement ring.
Kate Middleton adds sparkle to Portrait Gallery fundraiser with diamond necklace | Mail Online

Have to say I am not a fan of the Queen's diamond necklace - I saw this necklace displayed one time at Buckingham Palace and it is a solid heavy piece. On this occasion I don't think it work on Kate - her dress is very light and it just seems to chunky a piece for her. There are other 'lighter' necklaces that I would have preferred to see her being loaned - one is the Queens 21st south African diamond necklace or some of the Saudi pieces (even if that meant Kate and Diana would have been compared)

Closed Thread