Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't agree there, as it's CERTAIN that Charles is a connoisseur of fine jewellery [as proven by the collection he has amassed for his wife], and loves to see the women around him bedecked in the finery that is his [and their] heritage.

I hope his reign will be a glittering one !

I've never noticed he is into anything 'blingy'. He seems to go for a more subtle look. Not the excess of previous decades. Certainly the women around him wear nice jewelry..it's just more subtle outside the special events.

LaRae

I've never noticed he is into anything 'blingy'. He seems to go for a more subtle look. Not the excess of previous decades. Certainly the women around him wear nice jewelry..it's just more subtle outside the special events. LaRae

I've always thought he had an eye for jewels worthy of a Queen/princess/Duchess. He buys good, substantial pieces, that may or may not appear blingy, based on your perception of that term.

But his taste is not for tiny, understated bobs and bits. The pieces he has gotten Camilla and Kate all are easily appreciated in the kinds of photos in which they will appear at various events. His sense of scale is appropriate for the "job" the jewels will be doing, IMHO.

Oh yes, Charles loves to see royal women in very fine jewels.

I've always thought he had an eye for jewels worthy of a Queen/princess/Duchess. He buys good, substantial pieces, that may or may not appear blingy, based on your perception of that term.

But his taste is not for tiny, understated bobs and bits. The pieces he has gotten Camilla and Kate all are easily appreciated in the kinds of photos in which they will appear at various events. His sense of scale is appropriate for the "job" the jewels will be doing, IMHO.

Yes I agree...nice elegant substantial pieces not flashy blingy pieces.

LaRae

I think it's time to return to the topic of this thread, the Duchess of Cambridge's jewellery.

Lovely. Do we think she has multiple pairs of similar earrings, or just multiple pairs of the dangly bits in different colours?

I would think they were multiple pairs of similar earrings - it's a style she seems to like and I think it would be a bit fiddly changing the colours of the stones all the time!

She has the "ring part" one red gold and one white gold. Then different drops. The rings and most of her drops is from Kiki McDonough but today she has her Annoushka pearl dangles instead which she uses on the rings as well.

I love her collection of Kiki McDonough earrings - especially loving this latest pair in the pink stone. Dreaming and saving up for a pair myself

Stupid question: are the stones detachable or changeable for that matter?

Stupid question: are the stones detachable or changeable for that matter?
In the link shared above by annaelfka you can see that the earrings consist of the diamond studded ring-like elements and a kind of pendant with pink stones that can be hanged on the ring elements. So yes, the elements with the colourd stones can be very easily swapped. It would only take seconds to do that.

In the link shared above by annaelfka you can see that the earrings consist of the diamond studded ring-like elements and a kind of pendant with pink stones that can be hanged on the ring elements. So yes, the elements with the colourd stones can be very easily swapped. It would only take seconds to do that.
In my FB album you can see close up of jewellery worn by the Duchess.
She has Kiki McDonough classic hoops in gold with diamonds.
With those she wears intercheangable drops in citrine & green amethyst (cushion cut & oval) also by Kiki. With those hoops she also wears Annoushka pearl drops.
Her latest addition is Kiki McDonough classic hoops in white gold with diamonds, and morganite drops.
Pics here.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.286721141416758.71520.132426196846254&type=3

I would think they were multiple pairs of similar earrings - it's a style she seems to like and I think it would be a bit fiddly changing the colours of the stones all the time!
Dearest Jack let me share a little of information.;) Ladies do not mind being "fiddly" when it comes to enhancing our jewelry. I agree with those that believe it there are multiple drops that she swaps out from time to time.

Dearest Jack let me share a little of information.;) Ladies do not mind being "fiddly" when it comes to enhancing our jewelry. I agree with those that believe it there are multiple drops that she swaps out from time to time.

Agreed. I've had a pair for years. They are so simple to swap out. They also are very comfortable and light though they look substantial when worn.

Mine came with gold hoops and acorn drops originally - and I've added to the collection of drops ever since. I recommend them to anyone so inclined.

Are the earrings something from Diana's jewels? They look kinda familiar.

LaRae

What are they...heart or inverted teardrop/pear shape? Can't quite tell for sure.

LaRae

Are the earrings something from Diana's jewels? They look kinda familiar.

LaRae

I had the same thought. Could this be something reconfigured from some of Diana's jewelry?

I just about fell off my chair! Real, classic stuff. I can't believe it. Gorgeous.
:flowers:

TLLK I think we have seen that done before by Kate...so very possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom