Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say It would of been really neat to see her wearing sapphires in the ears and around the neck in that gown (which I LOVE) tonight. LaRae

If Catherine has one jewelry rule that she follows - it it to surprise with color in her choice of stones.
It will drive you nuts if you favor matchy/matchy. Because Kate almost always contrasts the color of her gemstone with her apparel.
And I like it.
And I also bet she knows that dark blue and emerald green are the main colors of the U of St. Andrews tartan.

Have to say It would of been really neat to see her wearing sapphires in the ears and around the neck in that gown (which I LOVE) tonight.

Woah... to me, Kate had the effect on me in this lovely evening gown similar to that I think most of us felt seeing Eliza come down those stairs for the ball in My Fair Lady for the first time. (It still gets me every time I watch that movie... one of my favorites) Simply elegant and regal.

I like the symmetry or balance of matching with an offset of a complimentary color.

I am sure the main point was a nod to the colors of St Andrews tartan.

What amazes me is the apparent size and clarity of those emeralds. They are not the cloudy hunks of the few veins yet being mined. These return light - they have clarity. You just don't find emeralds of size like that today. Whoa. Either re-worked old gems or extreamly rare new ones. Whoa. We need a smiley tossing up a handful of gemstones, methinks.

I wonder if there is a matching necklace that she chose not to wear. If the jewelery is from Middle Eastern royalty, they tend to give a complete set (earrings, necklace, bracelet or ring) or just earrings and necklace.

Those are amazing earrings, I wonder what carats the emeralds are. I would love to see if it has a matching necklace, I could only imagine it to be quite a large piece.

Emerald and diamond jewellery

I remember Diana wore a diamond and emerald necklace around her forehead I think on her trip to Australia with Charles in 1983. They said she couldn't wear the necklace on her neck because she was sunburnt after the visit to Ayres rock (Uluru).

I initially thought that a huge diamond necklace would have been nice with the neck-line on the dress, but now that I see close-ups of the earings and bracelet, I think that's enough to make the whole look shine!

I initially thought that a huge diamond necklace would have been nice with the neck-line on the dress, but now that I see close-ups of the earings and bracelet, I think that's enough to make the whole look shine!

Actually I thought that outfit screamed for the Cambridge emerald choker that Diana wore. Imagine the stir if she would have worn it though.

Do we know the provenance of the jewelry? Are they part of Diana's inheritance to her sons?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Wow, THAT is what I call an appearance! Congrats! More of that, please!
Where are the jewels from? Wedding gift? Have we ever seen them before?
BYe Bine

Jacknch - I think we will see whole parures or all three as she gets older. For now, I think she favors showing off that upper chest and neck. I know there are people who think she needs a shoulder width reduction, but I am not one. I think it looks young, lovely, healthy and strong. I've always thought (no evidence, this is all in my head) that the Duke influences her as well - that he appreciates her long legs and shoulders.
We have lots of years ahead of us watching Kate in jewels - we are so lucky! :)

Those earrings are huge! Real statement pieces. Imo they don't need to be paired with a necklace. I also love that she wears the emeralds with this dark blue dress, it makes a lovely contrast. Perfect outfit, imo.

Exquisite emeralds. I have a sneaky feeling there could be a necklace tucked away for another occasion. Those earrings must be incredibly heavy to wear for a long period of time. The hairstyle and neckline show them off perfectly. Interesting that both times this gown has been worn it has been accompanied by stunning jewels.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Those earrings are huge! Real statement pieces. Imo they don't need to be paired with a necklace. I also love that she wears the emeralds with this dark blue dress, it makes a lovely contrast. Perfect outfit, imo.

At first I felt the neckline of that dress absolutely screamed for a necklace, but now I think it would have been too much, considering the impact of the earrings and necklace.

(She wouldn't want to look like a Christmas tree). :lol:

i think those jewels are from lebanese mouawad jewelry i have seen similaire in some arabic celebrity

i think those jewels are from lebanese mouawad jewelry i have seen similaire in some arabic celebrity

.... and could have been a gift from an Arabic Sheik
BYe Bine

Middle eastern gift for her wedding would be my bet - or Charles has made a number of visits to the middle east in the past number of years, perhaps they sent a gift home for his daughter-in-law as well.
My guess would be there is a substanial matching necklace (that is probably at this time not to Kate's more modest taste - and we will see in years to come when she attends bigger state functions) and probably a matching ring or brooch. Those middle eastern royals go big with their gifts

I know the emeralds were fantastic but they really go more with a green dress not the blue one like she had on. I was hoping to see her in more of Diana's jewels...like these aquamarine earrings/the set or this sapphire suite that Diana received as a wedding gift. It would also be cool to see her re-work some of these pieces like Diana did. Oh well maybe she has enough jewelry of her own now. Makes you think what else she's not wearing...?ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1418229655.530014.jpgImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1418229667.202220.jpg

I'm guessing she'll work in some of her mother in-law's jewels at some point. Diana had a pretty nice collection.

I'm just glad Catherine is wearing some nice big pieces. Her position calls for her to wear nice jewels.

Let us all remember... God only knows what she received at her wedding in jewels we have not seen yet to keep us going for years to come. :)

I agree with the wedding, I think Kate got quite the haul plus they have an extremely wealthy circle of friends.

William's God Mother, the Duchess of Westminster is one of the richest people in Britain

Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 -

I didn't realize St. Andrews colors were green and blue. That makes sense now why she wore the emeralds with her blue dress to match. Thank you for the info!

Diana wore the necklace/choker as a headband during the 1985 tour. She could have had a sunburn then, though, as well.:flowers:

I remember Diana wore a diamond and emerald necklace around her forehead I think on her trip to Australia with Charles in 1983. They said she couldn't wear the necklace on her neck because she was sunburnt after the visit to Ayres rock (Uluru).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom