Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

If David Hockney is wearing a black tie then that's what the invite said - it's not something he would wear cos he felt like it. In UK cocktail dresses and black tie is acceptable. Most of the others not in evening wear are wearing rather extravagant outfits - begging to be noticed IMO. My favourite is the man in black tie and red tartan trousers - that's dress code and originality in one hit.

I think she got it right.

The pics in that link are inexplicably from a Pepsi Premier with Beyonce, Pink, and Brittany Spears.

Getty makes me nuts (more nuts, that is). The same search returns different pictures at different times. Anyway the search string was National Portrait Gallery London Gala OR National Portrait Gallery Gala London - I don't remember which. I agree with Cepe that it was black tie - I just think a lot of attendees stretched it.

Getty makes me nuts (more nuts, that is). The same search returns different pictures at different times. Anyway the search string was National Portrait Gallery London Gala OR National Portrait Gallery Gala London - I don't remember which. I agree with Cepe that it was black tie - I just think a lot of attendees stretched it.

Best indicator for me is what the Host is wearing - there were 2 and they both wore black tie

The links works for me. The first pictures are Liz Hurley. Maybe sort by date to most recent?

Duchess of Durham, The Queen is actually making a statement here by the loan of this necklace. Since she is the only one who has worn it, it is very significant that Kate is wearing it.
Also, I have been reading that she is going to be attending some tiara events on the Tour and other events where serious bling and proper clothing will be required. The Queen is slowing bringing her and William into the "family business" and she is going to be expected to step up her game. She is really in the big leagues now, and needs to show it.
I think this is also the kindly way of Grandmum telling her that the private time is over, and now she will be expected to step up her game. I for one am glad. It will be interesting to see which jewels the Queen is loaning her for the trip. At least Diana had the Editor of British Vogue to help her along. That is what Kate needs.

Last edited:
Forgot something to Duchess of Durham. Maybe the eternity ring is for their anniversary or even better, her "push present" for that beautiful little son.

If there are tiara events in Australia, I hope Kate brings along that lovely Lotus tiara that she wore at her second tiara outing. Hopefully, we'll get a better view of it this time. I wonder if she'll bring the Halo tiara as well.

Glad others noticed the diamond eternity ring next to her engagement ring.
Kate Middleton adds sparkle to Portrait Gallery fundraiser with diamond necklace | Mail Online

Have to say I am not a fan of the Queen's diamond necklace - I saw this necklace displayed one time at Buckingham Palace and it is a solid heavy piece. On this occasion I don't think it work on Kate - her dress is very light and it just seems to chunky a piece for her. There are other 'lighter' necklaces that I would have preferred to see her being loaned - one is the Queens 21st south African diamond necklace or some of the Saudi pieces (even if that meant Kate and Diana would have been compared)

I have also not quite made up my mind. Although I really appreciate that she starts to wear more distinct jewelry, I am not sure that this special Piece is working on her - would see it more on Camilla. I think she needs something more clear and straight in the design..... but again, love to see at least some important pieces showing up. :flowers:

HI, yes, it's true. They released info via Hello magazine yesterday, then followed messages via FB & Twitter.
To those interested in Duchess jewellery, I keep track of every single jewel she ever wore, wheter ID or not. I do it via my FB site, as there are already many blogs dedicated to the Duchess and her clothes.
Here's my post on pendant with close ups of pendant worn by Kate & with link where to get it.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...71520.132426196846254&type=1&relevant_count=1

Last edited:
I remember that Prince Charles gave Diana a similar necklace after the birth of Prince William. It was a gold disk with "William" in Charles' own handwriting.

HI, yes, it's true. They released info via Hello magazine yesterday, then followed messages via FB & Twitter.
To those interested in Duchess jewellery, I keep track of every single jewel she ever wore, wheter ID or not. I do it via my FB site, as there are already many blogs dedicated to the Duchess and her clothes.
Here's my post on pendant with close ups of pendant worn by Kate & with link where to get it.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...71520.132426196846254&type=1&relevant_count=1

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the work you put into your blog. It's almost always the best source for tracking Kate's jewelry, and I know it must be a lot of work!

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the work you put into your blog. It's almost always the best source for tracking Kate's jewelry, and I know it must be a lot of work!
Thank you, that's very kind of you!

I have also not quite made up my mind. Although I really appreciate that she starts to wear more distinct jewelry, I am not sure that this special Piece is working on her - would see it more on Camilla. I think she needs something more clear and straight in the design..... but again, love to see at least some important pieces showing up. :flowers:

I think it would work well without a sloppy neckline, say with a jewel neck or turtle neck. It really is a cute piece.

I don't see a diamond eternity ring on Kate. There appear to be just two bands: her wedding ring (gold) and the band of the engagement ring (platinum).

I don't see a diamond eternity ring on Kate. There appear to be just two bands: her wedding ring (gold) and the band of the engagement ring (platinum).
She wears diamond band. My close up is blurry https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...595059310582938_1354072528_n.jpg&size=474,409 but you can see an eternity band. The best close up of that ring has What Kate Wore in that link:
It’s Royal Blue LK Bennett & a New Cartier Watch for Art Room Opening » What Kate Wore
scroll down, it's at the end of post.

She wears diamond band. My close up is blurry https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...595059310582938_1354072528_n.jpg&size=474,409 but you can see an eternity band. The best close up of that ring has What Kate Wore in that link:
It’s Royal Blue LK Bennett & a New Cartier Watch for Art Room Opening » What Kate Wore
scroll down, it's at the end of post.

I'd like to see Kate in that purple dress. A little off topic, but I love the photos of her with the kids.

I am so bummed. They announced in an article on released today at the beginning of the Cambridge tour of Australia and NZ, that there won't be any tiara events. Booo!!
But did she ever look stunning getting off the plane with the NZ brooch given to the Queen back in 1953. Gorgeous. I don't know how to post a picture of it, but on her red coat, it looked stunning.

Many suspected we would see the fern brooch on Kate and I going with her wearing the Australian wattle brooch during the Oz part of the tour

It is an exquisite brooch, but I wish the coat didn't have all those buttons - it detracts from the brooch! There is just too much going on, resulting in quite a jumbled appearance!

My thoughts entirely- those buttons are so distracting. The brooch appears to be an add on. I can't help but think the designer wasn't expecting it to "compete" with the upper section of the coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom