Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Necklace is amazing! It's a pity she didn't had a nice updo.
Perhaps a forecast of what we can expect in jewels in Australia/New-Zealand?
I hope so! Just so nice she had a look into the vaults.

While I am glad to see Catherine wearing jewelry and that necklace is indeed lovely, I am not sure that it would have been my first choice with that dress. The fabric of the dress seems so delicate in weight that the necklace seems a bit heavy. I think I might have preferred the necklace that the Queen was given from King Khalid. However, that particular necklace was worn at least once by Diana which would only invite comparisons that Catherine doesn't need at this stage of her life. At least with the Nizam necklace, I don't think anyone has worn it except the Queen.

Very good that Catherine is getting into those vaults.

Yes indeed,lets hope the Queen allows her to borrow a few more neglected/long forgotten pieces from the Windsor jewel vault.

i don't understand the often quite negative comments about her hair; she's had it done, it's in curls, she looks lovely, her dress is lovely, the necklace is stunning – very surprised to see her wear it as I've only ever seen The Queen in that particular necklace, but good to see Catherine (finally) wearing Royal jewellery (though i like her other jewellery too, but a Royal should be a bit different otherwise what's the point?)

Last edited:
The necklace is AMAZING! Absolutely breathtaking.

It's a very significant piece of jewelry for Catherine because it's only been The Queen that has worn it.

Astounding necklace; nice to seen it worn after all this while. Let's hope to see the appearance of more unseen bijoux from the vaults.

Has any other woman worn it since the Queen has had it, before the DoC?

LaRae

Has any other woman worn it since the Queen has had it, before the DoC?

LaRae

No - one of the reasons its significant. Queen has been wearing this until very recently - as in no one had realised that she had stopped! ;)

Wow so not even Diana ever wore it. I think it's a signal from the Queen for sure.

LaRae

Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 -

I agree with you - the necklace is spectacular, but really something must be done with her hair!!

Nice to see these significant pieces on a younger person. I think it is right to say that the Queen is generally known not to lend too much of her jewellery to the younger royals but youth does make them seen in a new light.

Well the Queen was even younger when she first wore this so it seems right to me

What a waste! She could have absolutely rocked a sophisticated updo leaving her neck and decolletage to showcase what looks like her wedding earrings and that wonderful work of art that is the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace all perfectly displayed by a really beautiful dress. Instead we got "nipping down to the supermarket hair". :bang:

Duchess Kate

Check the further down the article the messier the hair looks. :ermm::ermm:

I don't think her hair looks messy at all. It looks styled and curled to me.

I absolutely love this necklace. I hope this means that Kate will start rocking major jewelry at evening events.

That necklace is eye-popping and I'm glad the Queen let Kate borrow it for the evening. I do wish Kate had worn her hair back or up just to let everyone get a better view of the jewelry but it's almost a habit with her. Remember this necklace where she wore her hair down? Kate Middleton shines at Sun Military Awards in strapless velvet dress and diamonds | Mail Online Everyone was frustrated because they wanted better pictures but her hair kept getting in the way?

Exactly my own thoughts, COESpiral. That necklace deserved to be showcased appropriately, but once again Kate's hair gets entangled and obscured it at times.

Last edited:
Wish Kate would wear her acorn earrings again as I rather liked them. I did think she would wear them for PG's christening (in that way making them her special family event earrings).

That necklace is stunning! Kate usually wears smaller pieces; so I'm pleasantly surprised to see her wear a larger piece.

What I have been reading here in the US, is that the Queen is making her upgrade some of her wardrobe and jewelry. William is getting more into the Family Business, and she needs to seriously upgrade her appearance a bit. I suspect that the Queen is far more informed of what we think of Kate's appearance than we thought.

It sounds like to me, she is no longer going to be able to get away with her usual attire and jewelry, especially when they go overseas in several months. Representing the Family, she is going to be in a lot more serious jewelry than in the past from what I have been reading.

I loved that necklace on her. I don't mind her leaving the back long, but if she would have just put up the front, it would have looked a whole lot more sophisticated. I am beginning to wonder if she is afraid of becoming too posh.

How appalling that her little girl hair and posture should accompany such a gorgeous piece of jewelry. Time to grow up!

Maybe everyone should write a polite letter to the Duchess and suggest she wear her hair up, or back in a chignon.

What a great necklace! I agree with the messy hair, obviously her hair is not what it used to be. It's too long and flat now that she's had the baby. If I were her I would consider getting a new hair stylist these hair dos are just making her look older imo.

BTW Kate is wearing a new ring, it looks to be a small eternity band. It's right after her engagement ring. Does anyone have a close up?

Last edited:
What a great necklace! I agree with the messy hair, obviously her hair is not what it used to be. It's too long and flat now that she's had the baby. If I were her I would consider getting a new hair stylist these hair dos are just making her look older imo.

BTW Kate is wearing a new ring, it looks to be a small eternity band. It's right after her engagement ring. Does anyone have a close up?

I noticed the ring too.

This is the best picture I've seen and I can't see another ring

Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Talks To British Artist

EDIT: here is a pic of wedding ring and engagement ring. band on engagement ring much lighter.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/30/article-2043946-0E26263600000578-770_306x268.jpg

I dont think there is another ring

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom