Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
repeat of earrings worn at BAFTA event in LA

:previous: It's nice to see that the Lotus Tiara is in HM's possession. Unlike the Poltimore, which was a wedding gift, the Lotus must have been a "lifetime loaner" somewhat like those the QM had which returned to the vaults after her death.

Nice to see it on Catherine. Would have liked a better photo shot though.

Now I have this fantasy developing in my mind that, just as most of the Queen Mum's jewels are now at the disposal of Camilla, most of P. Margarets jewels will be at the disposal of Catherine. Of course, this would mean that some P. Margarets jewels never really belonged to her and either belonged to the Queen or Queen Mum. I'm desperate to see the Teck Circlet necklace and the Turquoise Parure again.

The Lotus Tiara is such a beautiful piece of jewellery, delicately designed and not burdensome to wear, so I'm really pleased that Catherine is wearing it as it suits her well.
It is ashame we do not have some more photos - but I suppose it's no use asking her to wind the car window down and lean out abit next time!

Best thing about last night is that we now KNOW that the Duchess will wear Tiara's when the occasion demands it.. {unlike a certain Monagasque Princess}.

I had begun to worry that the Duchess would take a cue from Charlene and never wear the finery which is her due..

Also its good to know that at least one of Princess Margarets Tiaras has returned 'to the fold', and is in rather safer hands than Viscount Linleys !

Just curious as to why the Duchess was able to use the Lotus Tiara compared to the Countess of Wessex. We've seen the Countess in numerous tiara affairs but usually its her wedding tiara or the aquamarine (?) one.

Is it because the Duchess is married to an heir to the throne that's why she get to use it? Or is it the Queen's prerogative who should use the more historical (actually I don't know how to classify this tiara.. all I know is its pretty and in the same caliber as the halo tiara) jewels.

:previous:
Good question, but we probably won't ever know the answer for sure.

I think it partly has to do with the fact that the halo tiara is currently loaned to an Exhibition. Otherwise, the Duchess would probably have worn her wedding tiara. Kate simply had to get something else.
Or the Queen has changed her views on loaning tiaras to her (grand)daughters-in-law: Camilla has already worn two royal tiaras and has been loaned the Teck crescent tiara as well (according to the latest book on the Queen's diamonds). And Sophie has lately gotten access to the 5-aquamarine tiara.
Not to forget that Princess Margaret was still alive at the time Sophie’s wedding, so the lotus flower tiara was not available for her at the point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the type of clothes Kate wears don't really match up to some of the very grand tiaras. That might change as her status changes (after Charles is King etc).

Everything so far is fairly understated.

Also does she have the presence to carry off some of those grander pieces? Diana had a lot of presence, Camilla has been able to carry them off as well.

LaRae

Looks a bit mediocre on her, or I just need to see a better pic.

Now I have this fantasy developing in my mind that, just as most of the Queen Mum's jewels are now at the disposal of Camilla, most of P. Margarets jewels will be at the disposal of Catherine. Of course, this would mean that some P. Margarets jewels never really belonged to her and either belonged to the Queen or Queen Mum. I'm desperate to see the Teck Circlet necklace and the Turquoise Parure again.
I'm liking this fantasy, and am upgrading it to a theory! If one were to make a list, one could add this one as well http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2011/03/tiara-thursday-marie-feodorovnas.html

...I had begun to worry that the Duchess would take a cue from Charlene and never wear the finery which is her due.
:lol: Charlene has been improving, but I'm afraid the damage is already done.

God only knows what is really in that vault at BP..haha. We are seeing tiaras and brooches and such we have not seen in years...finally. I am sorry, but Her Majesty, to me, has always seemed a little...selfish with sharing jewels. Now, I understand personal presents as not wanting to be shared, but many other pieces....come on Lilibet...SHARE.

The Countess of Wessex needs to do something with that base on her wedding tiara.

I think given Kate's age and youthfulness, this tiara is a wonderful compliment to her. Delicate, feminine, and perfect for someone her age.

Her Majesty, to me, has always seemed a little...selfish with sharing jewels

To me her attitude isn't selfish just unimaginative. It has been said,many times that she doesn't love jewels, {as her sainted Grandmother did}, but rather regards wearing them as part of her 'job'. If she saw them in a more creative way perhaps it would pain her to see them languishing unseen in the vaults. then we might see more of them adorning other members of the family ?

I do wish Catherine would now start to wear a bit more real jewellery on a regular basis.

Yes that would be great indeed! The Duchess looked very regal last night from the photo's I've seen.

Yes that would be great indeed! The Duchess looked very regal last night from the photo's I've seen.

More real jewellery! What does that mean. she wears diamonds, pearls, sapphires, amethysts, rubies, more diamonds etc. not to mention a £50000 necklace to the NPG. I have always found her jewellery to be appropriate. The only thing Id add is a brooch but how many 30 somethings wear a brooch????

She has not attended events that warrant what aficionados on here call serious jewellery. and IMO she wont until she is PssOW. Not senior enough, not the right events. Priority is learning the ropes, ie talking to the Diplomatic Corps, looking after George, supporting William as he sorts himself out, and (can I say this?) have the next child.

She is doing well, so I think we need to be more patient on the jewellery front.

She attended one such event last night:) I think people are hoping it's a sign of more to come. That's all.

I'm so pleased that Catherine wore a tiara to the White Tie Ball! :clap:

It looks lovely on her and I hope that she wears more tiaras to functions such as this one in the (hopefully) near future.

She is attending many Dinners and receptions in the eveing wehere the dresscode is black tie. She could well wear a necklace to some of them from time to time.

I'm so pleased that Catherine wore a tiara to the White Tie Ball! :clap:

It looks lovely on her and I hope that she wears more tiaras to functions such as this one in the (hopefully) near future.

It was not a ball, but a reception.

More real jewellery! What does that mean...I think we need to be more patient on the jewellery front.
That's your opinion and others differ,we all have different opinions :flowers:

Was certainly surprised to see Kate attend this event and therefore have to wear a tiara - I do love this one and it suits a young person.

Love the earrings again - pity all we know is that they are a loan from the Queen and no more info

I have always wondered why she has never chosen to wear the earrings her parents gave her for her wedding day

Love the earrings and the tiara nice to see her wearing them...

I have always wondered why she has never chosen to wear the earrings her parents gave her for her wedding day
She is a thoughtful girl. Maybe she wears them on private, special occasions to honor what is private and special about them. I can be such a romantic, sometimes. :wub:

For the record...

Duchess of Cambridge, Papyrus Tiara
Diplomatic Corps Reception at BP, December 2013

The thumbnail image has been cropped from a larger photograph.

Attachments

• DoC Papyrus Tiara Dec 2013.jpg
    DoC Papyrus Tiara Dec 2013.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2,017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom