Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice nod by Kate - presumbly a wedding present from the Royal Naval Submarine Service
Catherine's Brooches

That is a very nice brooch. Nice of Catherine to wear it on the day of the Pageant as a nod to the Royal Navy.

Her bracelet is in sterling silver.
Her sister Pippa have this bracelet in gold (but with 1 diamond), Catherine's have 3.
ID's on Duchess of Cambridge jewellery. | Facebook

Simple and pretty.

her earrings today are so beautiful, i want one of these and i would be so happy if someone knows the details, like designer, what stone, price.

close up
http://i49.tinypic.com/2qk02kp.jpg

These are very pretty indeed.

While they're very pretty, I can't help but wonder how lovely it would look to see her wear some of Diana's dangling pearl earrings. :whistling:

Duchessmary, I couldn't agree with you more. I figured after a year and especially with this special occasion we would see at least some earrings or something....

Those are lovely drop pearls and the bezel setting for the diamonds is so pretty. In the first closeup, you can see how the pearl picks up the blush color of her outfit.

These earrings are nice - and looks to be NOT costume jewelry, but where are her wedding earings? Will we see them ever again - or only with the tiara she is not wearing since over one year :cool:
If I had a wish....I would ask for that ...

While they're very pretty, I can't help but wonder how lovely it would look to see her wear some of Diana's dangling pearl earrings. :whistling:
I think this occasion was all about the Queen and the succession. Diana's pearls would have merely been a distraction.

We have seen that when the occasion demands she has fronted with Diana's sapphires to compliment her gorgeous engagement ring but to be honest, I think Catherine really needs to establish her own personal style instead of just becoming a "Diana Jewellery Mannequin".

There is time and there will be occasions when she will (hopefully) surprise us with a new set of earrings, a necklace, a brooch that have nothing to do with anyone else but she and her husband. Surely those will be the moments to treasure, both for her and for us?

i absolutely LOVE the pearl earrrings she wore to the thanksgiving service.

I agree great earring. Now if we could just get her to add some pearls around the neckline. :)

So are these not genuine pearls and diamonds?:sad:

ETA: I mean the ones worn to the thanksgiving service, not to the concert. The latter appear costume jewelry to me from what I could see.

Last edited:
No. Sterling silver I believe, not sure on pearl, but for this price pearl should be real.

I was wondering because Sophie Wessex has the same pair... I was thinking maybe the Queen gave them all the same pair or something but them beeing fake does make more sense.
Catherine's Earrings

Last edited:
And also Sophie has two other earrings from their shop, and shop confirmed those are one and the same earrings.

Paste - that's what I was thinking from the beginning. They just don't look real and the way the pearl is attached to the rest of the earring gave them away.Why not if they are comfortable to wear ?

I don't think they are it (from the concert). The earhook doesn't match, and are too small, only 3 cm long.

hmmm, I think you're right. Though they appear to be quite similar looking ...

For me it does not make sense to wear costume jewelry for such an event - when HM took out "grannys chips", even Lady Sarah Chatto had incredible jewelry.....
I am not talking about new earnings, but why not the nice ones from the wedding - a gift from her parents? Slightly disappointing but - each its own.

I don't look at them as costume jewellery. After all they are in steriling silver. Before anyone know when she got them was in love with them, now people are dissapointed. I'm not, because for a change I can own something Duchess and Countess wore, and to me they are very pretty.

Not sure when we will see her wedding earrings again. The display has finished, I believe... Well, for sure she will wear them at some point again.

Every time she wears costume jewelry, I die a little inside.

Come on, Kate. THINK OF US COMMONERS. We HAVE to wear fake stuff, the least you can do is trot out the good jewels so we can live vicariously through the royal jewels.

This... this is unacceptable to me.

Would we feel the same if she decided to wear a £40 River Island dress to an event, or would that just be her being sensitive to the economy?

If she brought out the "big guns" on every occasion, she's be criticised for showing off.

I agree. I like that she easily wears sth I can afford and then something only few or none can afford. And she is not the only royal doing so. I like the way she is.

I also like the way Kate wears items in every price range.

Who cares if the earrings are not genuine, as long as they are pretty and compliment her outfit? Which they do.

I'm sure she also wears the real thing to many events.

It's a bit ridiculous, really.
The earrings were beautiful when they were thought to be real pearl and diamond.
However, now that we know it's a paste, they suddenly became unattractive to some; I bet Liz Jones is preparing another article. ;)

Okay, I confess I'm one of those "WHY so much paste when you can wear the real thing occasionally?? I can see the economy being an issue, but the Queen has an image to protect and I can never imagine her "toning it down"

Just my two cents. :bang:

Okay, I confess I'm one of those "WHY so much paste when you can wear the real thing occasionally?? I can see the economy being an issue, but the Queen has an image to protect and I can never imagine her "toning it down"

Just my two cents. :bang:

i think she does so she can set a good example for the country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom