Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She wore them several times before, they are from Kiki McDonough range, fav of Duchess: Kiki McDonough Lola Blue Topaz Hoops - Earrings

My album with jewellery ID's https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.286721141416758.71520.132426196846254&type=3

If you check my signature, you will notice I cover both Catherine & Countess Wessex.

I should have known. When looking for information on the jewelry worn by Kate, do not pass Go, do not collect $200, but go directly to Anna's blog site. :D

Thanks for the direct link to these gorgeous earrings over at Kiki McDonough's site Anna. That gives me all the info I needed to know. Especially that they're Blue Topaz and not Aquamarine. You wouldn't think there's that much of a difference in the blues of the two stones, but you'd be surprised.

Thanks again Anna!! :)

The Duchess of Cambridge may have access to a collection of dazzling jewels that date back hundreds of years but the royal prefers to stay true to the designers she's championed for years.
Last night was case in point as she stepped out at the Royal Variety performance in a dazzling pair of Lola Blue Topaz Hoops by Kiki McDonough.
The £3,200 earrings comes in 18ct white gold and promise to add a splash of colour to any outfit.

Kate, Duchess of Cambridge's favourite jeweller on accessorising the royal | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if this means she will stop wearing Kiki McDonough. Every time a company gives a interview advertising her patronage, she puts the company on the black list.

Remember that New Zealand jeweler who bragged that Catherine bought her jewelry for the tour, then when the tour happened Catherine pointedly wore none of her jewelry. When the Issa designers started to brag to the media about being her favorite brand, she stopped wearing Issa. When her former hair dressers Richard Ward and the other guy started to give interviews about her and her hair she fired them.

It was mentioned: Kiki's designs were once worn by William's mother, Diana, Princess of Wales.

What jewellery designed by Kiki did Princess Diana wear?
Kiki pieces worn by Diana, were totally different in style than her current designs. I don't have pics etc. But this site is worth checking: Diana's Jewels

But actually other royal lady put Kiki McDonough into spotlight. It was Sarah, Duchess of York, who put her on the map. You can read that info on Kiki's website.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kate+Middleton+Kate+Middleton+Attends+School+KoKk7eTxoe-l.jpg
Catherine reused the long gold earrings she has used at least twice earlier when she hosted a reception for Place2Be
Those are by Cassandra Goad, called Temple by Heaven, still available to buy. She had them since 2010.
http://www.cassandragoad.com/earrings/temp-of-heav-girandole-9y.html

I'm not a fan of these gold earrings don't think they go with the dress.

Kiki McDonough uses inexpensive materials and charges exorbitant prices. Blue topaz is one of the cheapest stones out there. I am not a fan of McDonough. As for wearing them with the black DVF, they are out of place, meaning they do not enhance the outfit. I do like the Goad earrings, but again, 9kt gold is a rip-off at those prices. I don't like to see anyone overpay like that.

I agree. I don't think the blue topaz earrings were placed well with the dress. It doesn't match anything else she's wearing. Diamonds would have added better kick than blue topaz. Or her sapphire and diamond earrings. I'm not a fan of these hoops.

Kiki McDonough uses inexpensive materials and charges exorbitant prices. Blue topaz is one of the cheapest stones out there. I am not a fan of McDonough. As for wearing them with the black DVF, they are out of place, meaning they do not enhance the outfit. I do like the Goad earrings, but again, 9kt gold is a rip-off at those prices. I don't like to see anyone overpay like that.

"Kiki thinks Kate is an ideal customer. She said: 'She is a busy working mother like me, and I design jewellery that goes with that lifestyle. My designs have always reflected the way we live now, dashing from work to an event." I don't know many working mothers or working motherless women who can afford her jewelry.

Read more: Kate, Duchess of Cambridge's favourite jeweller on accessorising the royal | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Does anyone have a close up or ID of these earrings that kate wore tonight? ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1418001475.616783.jpg

I saw pictures of the dress on DM and it is cute, I like her lace dress, a bit short for a formal event but nice at the same time. It is a pretty lace and being a fan of lace this nice on her. Now a silly question, your in NY and it's cold and no coat.....what the heck, even walking to a car it is freezing out there, and why no coat....her coat on arrival is great, love the color and cut of the coat, now where can I find that coat?

Prefer the earrings to the dress. Does anyone know the designer of both?
Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Sadly earrings remain UFO, I have checked every possible site, nothing.
Coat is by Seraphine - maternity brand, Lace dress called Amara by Beulah.
You can check my posts for more details.
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

The diamond earrings worn last night in NY may well be a wedding present, and being used for the first time in public.

SElizabeth, when I was pregnant with my first daughter, at 5 months it was like having your own furnace keeping you very toasty warm. Even in a January freeze, I dressed like it was summertime and had no problem with feeling a chill at all.

That coat she arrived in was very lovely on her. I am loving all the lace apparel she has been wearing. Lace is so feminine and elegant.

Unfortunately the earrings look like they're Kiki M. Im not confirming anything just guessing by the design. I'm not a fan of her designs so I'm a little disappointed but who knows she may surprise us and it might be some other designer but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Those are stunning. More of this please, Kate!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

She looks smashing!

LaRae

Catherine looks absolutely gorgeous, this is one of the best I have ever seen, the gown, the color, the style so suits her, the her hair is up..........yeaaaaa, and the jewelry is out of this world....now this is perfect, there is nothing wrong at all.

Now the question is...where did she get those earrings and bracelet? Outstanding...

The emerald/diamond earrings and bracelet were reported to be a private gift. I'm betting on it being from a Middle Eastern region too, they usually go BIG or go home.

No kidding...look at what Diana got as a wedding gift!

Have to say It would of been really neat to see her wearing sapphires in the ears and around the neck in that gown (which I LOVE) tonight.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom