Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love those earrings and the different shapes of the diamonds. And I'm glad to see the reappearance of the diamond bracelet.

Last edited:
I love the earrings too. Don't they match the bracelet? Round parts of each?

All of the jelwellery on the day was lovely with her outfit I thought not too little that was the thing I think....

Prince William's gem of a gift for Kate | Adam Helliker | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express

Prince William's gem of a gift for Kate

The Duke of Cambridge has been giving much consideration to the kind of gift he should give Kate to mark the birth of their son.

When Prince William was born Prince Charles gave Diana a gold medallion with William inscribed in his own writing and a gold charm in the shape of a W. But William wants to give Kate something more personal, a treasure that can form part of her own royal jewellery collection. I hear he has in mind a brooch featuring a pink diamond.

I am told that the Prince has enlisted the help of the Queen’s jewellers but also wants to be involved in the design. He knows that Kate prefers simple, modern settings and would like to give her something that could equally adorn a Zara day dress as an exotic evening gown. He had initially thought of giving her another item from his late mother’s jewellery collection– she already wears Diana’s engagement ring– but has decided that something individual and personal from him would be more appropriate.

"William has been giving this a lot of thought for a long time,” confided a member of his inner circle. “He’s got lots of ideas from studying history of art at university and decided on a pink diamond as a centrepiece because it is pretty and feminine. It will be a thank you present to Kate.”

As he didnt study history of art except early on as he moved to geography instead, I doubt the source. Mind you, I suppose georgraphy could tell where the diamonds are.

A member of his 'inner circle' is not going to talk to the media.

LaRae

Unless William fed the story to someone in his inner circle to roust out a mole who he thinks is talking to the media. ;)

Last edited:
Sapphires would be more appropriate for a boy, anyway. :lol:

I wonder if the earrings which Kate wore for the christening had any special significance - have we seen them before?

Sapphires would be more appropriate for a boy, anyway. :lol:

Today people associate blue with boys and pink with girls,but if we look back in European history it was rather the other way around:)
There was a time when all babies were dressed regardless of the gender,but than it became fashionable to use blue for girls and pink or red for boys while today most people associate "pink" with girls!
(An enlightening article on baby colours and the history behind it:The Straight Dope: Was pink originally the color for boys and blue for girls?)

I guess that the pink diamond story is not true,since a) nobody from William´s inner circle would talk to the press and
b) if he had indeed chosen to give her such a precious gift we would see it on Catherine first before the magazines can write about it. Something with sapphire would be indeed a great choice, because it looks so beautiful on Catherine and she seems to like the stone a lot!

Let´s wait to be surprised by William´s choice of gift for Catherine,I am sure it will be something pretty:)

Last edited:
:previous: Thank you. It does make me think they may have some sentimental reason for appearing at the Christening.

I do wish Catherine would now start to wear a bit more real jewellery on a regular basis.

Well, Im afraid we will never see any of Diana's jewels. The Duchess just continues to disappoint me in the jewelry dept. I know its not her thing, but I was so hoping that this kind of event would have her wearing something of Diana's. Pearls would have been so perfect and Diana had some gorgeous ones..

Perhaps she has studied the divine Coco Channel:

"It’s always better to be slightly underdressed"

"Nothing makes a woman look older than obvious expensiveness and complication. "

"Adornment is never anything except a reflection of the heart."

I agree it is time to wear some simple jewellry and not appear to be so afraid to make the stand that she is wife and mother of future kings and with that comes a certain "status" if you will that none of us here have... the Queen though gracious has the this and Kate needs to start at some point to develop beyond this her current I am just like the rest of you ... which she is not ... I know will take time but wearing jewels that have a certain meaning either historically or otherwise is a good start IMO only ... she has to start somewhere. IMO

With her hair down, too much jewllery wouldn't look good imho. For me, less is more.
BUT if she would finally do some nice updo, necklace of either pearls, diamonds or sapphires would work.

Perhaps she has studied the divine Coco Channel:

"It’s always better to be slightly underdressed"

"Nothing makes a woman look older than obvious expensiveness and complication. "

"Adornment is never anything except a reflection of the heart."
True, but did you ever see a photo of Coco, she loved jewels and was usually covered in them;)

Well, Im afraid we will never see any of Diana's jewels. The Duchess just continues to disappoint me in the jewelry dept. I know its not her thing, but I was so hoping that this kind of event would have her wearing something of Diana's. Pearls would have been so perfect and Diana had some gorgeous ones..

How true; I could just envision the magnificent pearl and sapphire choker of Diana's worn with the deep blue evening gown at the gala; the color and neckline would have showcased it so well. That is, if this piece is even in Kate's collection and it may be awhile before it's worn, if ever.:sad:

Last edited:
I am amazed. At both the SportAid event and Christening, Kate wore something I've never seen on her before and I'm shocked no one has said anything about. That would be a lovely watch w/a really pretty golden metal band to it.

I've been waiting for someone to say something about it and just surprised no one has.

That watch looks like her Gucci watch which she has had for some time, but these are the only occsions Ive seen her wear it since she got married.

She wore a watch to the marathon in Anglesey, her very first appearance after the birth. I think it's the same one.

Last edited:
I am so excited that she is wearing a tiara! Especially the Lotus tiara! Just absolutely stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom