Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress would've looked great with some magnificent earrings and a nice brooch or bracelet. The overall looks is way too plain with jewelry kept to the very minimum.

QUOTE=Artemisia;1409102]You are right, they do look very similar to the Art Deco Silver Paste Earrings she wore in November 2011 for the National Memorial Arboretum Appeal.

Will and Kate Attend Thirty Club Event - Pictures - Zimbio

This pic (#1)definitely looks like the Art Deco Paste Earrings

I actually really like the art-deco style paste earrings. Would have loved for them to be the real thing, but my sense is that she has been given a limited quantity of real jewels for now, and will gradually get a few more sparklers in the coming years.

A statement set of large dangling earrings in rubies, emeralds or sapphires would have looked stunning with that dress and an updo. With access to beautiful jewels at her disposal, all she can do is wear paste, pretty though they are. SMH

I agree, a set a "statement" emeralds would be lovely with the dress.

Pity she couldn't have worn Princess Diana's emeralds. IMAGINE.

I didn't like the past earrings when we first saw them and now I like them even less. big NO NO NO from me, they really look tacky. if she had worn her wedding earrings it would have been great .....

I agree, a splash of colour from authentic gemstones would have popped nicely with the cream dress (even the pretty ruby earrings).

That said, unless she pulls her hair back her earrings and necklaces would be lost under all of that hair. Methinks that it is time for a trim.

Pity she couldn't have worn Princess Diana's emeralds. IMAGINE.

IMAGINE indeed!!!!! Oh how I agree with you - but what I had in my mind's eye was the South Sea Pearl and diamond pendant earrings! How delightful they would look on the Duchess - they wouldn't be lost in all that hair!!

Prsonally I don't think Kate is up to wearing anything like Diana's pieces at the moment she doesn't seem to be all that comfortable in doing so and I guess that time will come but IMO she not there yet.

bertie5252003 said:
Prsonally I don't think Kate is up to wearing anything like Diana's pieces at the moment she doesn't seem to be all that comfortable in doing so and I guess that time will come but IMO she not there yet.

Hmmmmm., I see what you mean! I just wish she'd start to dress like a Princess - ie wear decent jewellery. She is after all the wife of the second in line to the British Crown and I honestly think she needs a decent Dresser to help her! I sense a little inverted snobbery here!

Last edited:
Personally I don't think Kate is up to wearing anything like Diana's pieces at the moment she doesn't seem to be all that comfortable in doing so and I guess that time will come but IMO she not there yet.

Diana also wore costume pieces so it is not exactly unheard of.
It is also possible that Catherine has very few important jewels to wear at this time. It is not as if she and William have attended any events since their marriage that require her to wear family important jewels, and even then surely some of Diana's personal jewels will be going to Harry.

I think Kate is playing it understated right now - being newly royal, and also "austerity" environment if you will. We'll begin to see more bling in time!

Diana also wore costume pieces so it is not exactly unheard of.
It is also possible that Catherine has very few important jewels to wear at this time. It is not as if she and William have attended any events since their marriage that require her to wear family important jewels, and even then surely some of Diana's personal jewels will be going to Harry.
Do we know how Diana's jewels were split up? I would imagine Harry could potentially inherit more as William will be getting the mother lode someday.
Even so, Diana had an awful lot of personal jewels, I can't imagine that Catherine has few important jewels.

Well there is no guarantee she has access to any of Diana's jewels, but I would imagine if she did step out in any of them there would be the inevitable Diana comparisons so that might be something they wish to avoid.

Lovely earrings from the Duchess today.
I'm afraid they don't look real (as in diamonds) to me, but still quite pretty.

Lovely earrings from the Duchess today.
I'm afraid they don't look real (as in diamonds) to me, but still quite pretty.

Hard to tell whether they are real or not from that one picture. It would be a great pity if they were. If they are, I wonder if they were a wedding gift or not. It would also be nice if she wore a few of her wedding jewelry (I am sure she got many even though they asked for donations to their charity).

A bit clearer view of the earrings:
- Front view
- Side view

Cropped from larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
They're very lovely, and I hope it's one of her gifts received rather than being a fabulous fake. I love the dangling style on her.

I really love the dangly earrings on Catherine.

Why does it even matter if they R fake as long as they are beautiful. Just because you have access to large sums of money doesn't mean you have to use it.

We don't know if they're fake, although they're pretty, but I'm sitting on the fence about these earrings until I know they're genuine!:cool:

Last edited:
They are made of sterling silver (most likely) with marcasites. Those are not diamonds or anything like it, but they were perfect with that dress imho. I like all her choices of jewellery. But yesterday's look was perfect to every little detail.

Why does it even matter if they R fake as long as they are beautiful. Just because you have access to large sums of money doesn't mean you have to use it.

For me, I know there are a bazillion earrings and necklaces with fabulous stones in the Queen's collection and it would be nice to see some of them. But I don't know that Katherine has access to many of them or if she has been gifted with many nice pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom