Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
I agree. The brooch is simple but delicate and elegant.
Plus, a nice gesture commemorating the late Queen Mother who always enjoyed St. Patrick's Day immensely, especially the shamrock giving ceremony.

:previous:
I agree. The brooch is simple but delicate and elegant.
Plus, a nice gesture commemorating the late Queen Mother who always enjoyed St. Patrick's Day immensely, especially the shamrock giving ceremony.

I had no idea that the late Queen Mother took part in this. It's nice that she's remembered this way.

St Patrick's Day Parade, wearing a shamrock brooch worn by the late Queen Mother when she visited the Irish Guards every St Patrick's Day.

The shamrock brooch (by Cartier) belongs to the Regiment (Irish Guards). It was worn by the Queen Mother, then Princess Anne and now the Duchess of Cambridge. If she ceased to have a link with the Regiment then it would be returned and her successor would wear it.

She also wore it in June 2011 when she met the Regiment with Prince William

And she's wearing her green amethyst hoop earrings for the occasion as well.

Last edited:
I love the brooch.It's very beautiful and charming.

Anyone have any ideas about what exactly the live shamrocks are stuck in? I have been trying to make it out from the pictures but no luck.

For the Duchess' appearance at Tree House hospice and her first speech, how lovely a tribute that she wore Diana's earrings on this occasion. Lovely remembrance and so appropriate. Well done on the speech as well!

^ yes, so nice to see Diana's jewels on her beloved William's bride, rather than her ex husband's second wife. She would have smiled to see Catherine wearing the earrings.

Diana's personal jewellery was left to her sons and it is right that Catherine is wearing them.
None of Diana's personal jewellery is worn by the Duchess of Cornwall - the jewellery I believe you are referring to belongs to the crown and she is entitled to wear those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any ideas about what exactly the live shamrocks are stuck in? I have been trying to make it out from the pictures but no luck.

It looks to me like an oval cut from the same fabric as her dress... I'm curious to see if the oval was there before she was given the shamrocks. It may be that they were fastened to the cloth and then the cloth pinned to her dress.

It looks to me like an oval cut from the same fabric as her dress... I'm curious to see if the oval was there before she was given the shamrocks. It may be that they were fastened to the cloth and then the cloth pinned to her dress.

I wondered the same and checked back and it wasn't there - it looks like a disk of matching cloth with the shamrock attached which was pinned to her dress.

I doubt they were created for a one-time occasion. I'm sure she'll wear them again, and hopefully in conjunction with the Scroll tiara. But I hope we don't have to wait until a tiara event to see the earrings again, because who knows when that'll happen!

Detail of the earrings near the bottom of this link to HRHDuchesskate

I want them!

Duchess Kate

not bad, I would take them too ;-)

The earrings go beautifully with the dress. Y'know, I'm encouraged that Kate will do justice to the royal jewels when her time comes. She's not flashy with jewellery, but she generally picks simple and beautiful pieces.

I don't like the green stones with the blue stones.

Last edited:
They're not emeralds, they're peridots combined with blue topaz and diamonds
Kiki Classic Peridot Blue Topaz Diamond Earrings - Earrings - Women - Kiki McDonough

and they are so exquisite in person. I was in London in October and went to Kiki's store - I tried them on and almost bought them - I came very close - but it was the last day of an already expensive trip... so I reluctantly put them back. :sad: but they look soo pretty on Kate. the peridot and blue topaz together were so fresh and pretty - a great combination.

I really like the color combination of stones, like the blues and greens of the sea.

Love the earrings with the jeweled neckline! And hadn't even noticed the poppy bling, tx for posting the links!

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom