The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought it was when she visited the Royal Marsden children's Cancer Center with William- and had to remove it to protect the children from germs.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:51 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...85_470x981.jpg
Diana's earrings in Australia
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...8140fb1573.jpg
and Cartier watch
http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/u...hot-28-mm-.jpg

Old 04-17-2014, 05:16 AM
Heir Apparent

IMO, they are not Diana's earrings, but a similar pair. These picturesdon't show it but Diana's were a much a more modern setting, whilst Catherine's are quite an old setting.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
IMO, they are not Diana's earrings, but a similar pair. These picturesdon't show it but Diana's were a much a more modern setting, whilst Catherine's are quite an old setting.
Diana had at least three pairs of sapphire-surrounded-by-diamond earrings that I can remember, and maybe more. I believe that the ones Catherine wears are modified from one of Diana's pairs.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think I see what you mean, the setting is definitely heavier that that of her engagement ring which is circa the same for the matching earrings.

http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/u...w-Parsons-.jpg
Old 04-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I really love those earrings; those diamond clusters are huge!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Majesty

You have to remember that Diana broke up her sapphire suite, so I think Catherine may be wearing one of the smaller pieces.

I would like to see Catherine play around with the suite more. Also, I think she could use the Queen Mother's oval sapphire and diamond brooch. It hasn't seen the light of day in many years. I think she don't have to wear it as a choker like Diana did but wear it as a brooch.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
You have to remember that Diana broke up her sapphire suite, so I think Catherine may be wearing one of the smaller pieces.

I would like to see Catherine play around with the suite more. Also, I think she could use the Queen Mother's oval sapphire and diamond brooch. It hasn't seen the light of day in many years. I think she don't have to wear it as a choker like Diana did but wear it as a brooch.
Did that stay with Diana or go back to QEQM?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDaisy View Post
Did that stay with Diana or go back to QEQM?
The Queen Mother gave it to Diana as a wedding gift. I think it was returned back to The Queen Mother and now may be in the hands of Her Majesty. The Queen hasn't worn it.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-17-2014, 08:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The Queen Mother gave it to Diana as a wedding gift. I think it was returned back to The Queen Mother and now may be in the hands of Her Majesty. The Queen hasn't worn it.
So it is in the gift of the Queen, and not one of/the brothers. Thnx Dman
Old 04-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDaisy View Post
So it is in the gift of the Queen, and not one of/the brothers. Thnx Dman
Yeah, I think that was returned to The Queen. She may give it to Catherine to use or even Harry's future wife. It's a nice piece of jewelry that should be dusted off and used instead of hidden away.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Au contraire, the close up pictures show very easily that Catherine's earrings are a much older setting, less diamonds around, and, even that the sapphire is cut and not cachobon.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If it was a personal gift from the Queen Mother to Diana then it was hers keep. That jewelery was left to her sons and I would expect it resides in the same place as the rest of her jewelery and will stay there until William and Harry decide otherwise. As indeed they did with their mother's engagement ring.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Another blog mentioned Catherine wearing Asprey's woodland collection charms on the necklace she wore arriving in Canberra with the blue dress.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I LOVE with a passion that watch .....
Old 04-22-2014, 03:33 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

http://cdn.aapnewswire.com.au/crop/2014-04/127842.jpg
today at Uluru
Old 04-22-2014, 07:56 AM
Royal Highness

Very pretty and unusual earrings- I don't think we have seen these before.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Elly C - they are also from the last tour. From Anna'sMy small obsessions

"Another win for me during this tour. For the arrival to the Uluru, Duchess wore new Roksanda Ilincic dress Lovina in bespoke colour.
Kate accessorized with Catherine Zoraida leaf earrings, Asprey charms from Woodland collection. I am 100% o... See More"
Old 04-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Elly C - they are also from the last tour. From Anna'sMy small obsessions
Thank you I didn't know they had been seen before. Kate appears to have a very delicate taste in jewellery. I like the combination she wears here.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
If it was a wedding gift, it would not have been returned.