The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually, I'm surprised George didn't try to grab one of those giant buttons!

Old 04-10-2014, 01:24 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...56_634x478.jpg

Old 04-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Nobility

Evening Reception Bracelet

Was anyone able to ID the bracelet Kate wore to the recent NZ reception?

Duchess of Cambridge wears breathtaking gown in New Zealand | Mail Online
Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancchick View Post
Was anyone able to ID the bracelet Kate wore to the recent NZ reception?

Duchess of Cambridge wears breathtaking gown in New Zealand | Mail Online
It's the set that Prince Charles gave her as a wedding gift. She is wearing the matching earrings as well. My Small Obsessions has a picture of them here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6846254&type=3
Old 04-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
It's the set that Prince Charles gave her as a wedding gift. She is wearing the matching earrings as well. My Small Obsessions has a picture of them here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6846254&type=3

I hope we see her in more jewelry from Prince Charles. The man has exquisite taste and seems to like buying jewelry.

10-1 she got a nice gift piece from him after George was born.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Aristocracy

Ever since I saw the first pictures of the yacht race in NZ, I have been trying to decide if Kate is very brave or crazy to wear her engagement ring on the boat. I know she now has the eternity band on the other side of her engagement ring but it just seems like she could be courting disaster to wear the engagement ring on the water.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
Ever since I saw the first pictures of the yacht race in NZ, I have been trying to decide if Kate is very brave or crazy to wear her engagement ring on the boat. I know she now has the eternity band on the other side of her engagement ring but it just seems like she could be courting disaster to wear the engagement ring on the water.

It's probably fitted pretty exactly and she's not worried about it coming off.

I don't think she's ever been seen without it in public
Old 04-12-2014, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge dazzles in green Erdem, but William thinks it's 'a bit bright' | Mail Online

Is that a new pair of emerald and diamond earrings?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
It's probably fitted pretty exactly and she's not worried about it coming off.

I don't think she's ever been seen without it in public

If it were mine it'd never come off! Can you imagine the speculation in the press if she appeared without it? They would lose their minds!

LaRae
Old 04-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
If it were mine it'd never come off! Can you imagine the speculation in the press if she appeared without it? They would lose their minds!

LaRae
I, too, was curious as to why she would wear her engagement ring to the race. I have to believe that she could leave it some place "safe" in her hotel suite without fear of it being stolen.

Frankly, part of me thinks that William insists that she wears it as a reminder to the world of his mother.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I, too, was curious as to why she would wear her engagement ring to the race. I have to believe that she could leave it some place "safe" in her hotel suite without fear of it being stolen.

Frankly, part of me thinks that William insists that she wears it as a reminder to the world of his mother.
I wear mine all the time, and I have no fears that it would slip off. I am sure Catherine is probably reasonably comfortable as well.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
No new but not worn often. Think 1st worn at the Natural History Museum when she wore a green frock.

http://media.emirates247.com/images/...atherineQ6.jpg
Old 04-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Very possible she is wearing a replica with the real ring kept safe while she is doing things that could pose a possible danger.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
There is only one time she was seen without it, but other than that she seems to wear it quite often. I was surprised she could still wear it while she was pregnant since most women's hands/fingers seem to swell quite a bit.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

OMG, you have got to be kidding. It is one thing for William to give Catherine his late mother's engagement ring for their engagement. That is sweet and sentimental.

However, the whole "insists' bit turns a sweet and sentimental gesture into a creepy homage to the dead. Worse, Catherine would know that she didn't actually have an engagement ring and that it was never a gift of love to her, It would always be "a symbol" and she merely the model. I know there are women wearing fantastic, incredible knuckledusters because they represent their husband's financial worth or status and their husbands use them as a trophies. God forbid that William would use the woman he loves in such a way.

I believe that ring is Catherine's engagement ring. End of story.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:09 AM
Aristocracy

I never, ever remove my engagement or eternity rings, or wedding ring. Just never happens
Old 04-13-2014, 12:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDaisy View Post
I never, ever remove my engagement or eternity rings, or wedding ring. Just never happens

I think that's true for a lot of women, and it makes sense to me that Kate wears hers all the time. It's a symbol of her marriage and probably very important to her.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post

There is only one time she was seen without it.
Interesting! When?
Old 04-13-2014, 06:32 AM
Royal Highness

I think it was in 2012 when she went on a camping trip with children as part of the Expanding Horizons initiative and the activities included working with modelling clay.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I think it was in 2012 when she went on a camping trip with children as part of the Expanding Horizons initiative and the activities included working with modelling clay.
Thanks a lot.