The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
If David Hockney is wearing a black tie then that's what the invite said - it's not something he would wear cos he felt like it. In UK cocktail dresses and black tie is acceptable. Most of the others not in evening wear are wearing rather extravagant outfits - begging to be noticed IMO. My favourite is the man in black tie and red tartan trousers - that's dress code and originality in one hit.

I think she got it right.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-13-2014, 05:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The pics in that link are inexplicably from a Pepsi Premier with Beyonce, Pink, and Brittany Spears.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
The pics in that link are inexplicably from a Pepsi Premier with Beyonce, Pink, and Brittany Spears.
well no black ties there!

Old 02-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
This link should (fingers crossed) work, Search - Getty Images UK: national portrait gallery - london.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Getty makes me nuts (more nuts, that is). The same search returns different pictures at different times. Anyway the search string was National Portrait Gallery London Gala OR National Portrait Gallery Gala London - I don't remember which. I agree with Cepe that it was black tie - I just think a lot of attendees stretched it.
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 02-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Getty makes me nuts (more nuts, that is). The same search returns different pictures at different times. Anyway the search string was National Portrait Gallery London Gala OR National Portrait Gallery Gala London - I don't remember which. I agree with Cepe that it was black tie - I just think a lot of attendees stretched it.
Best indicator for me is what the Host is wearing - there were 2 and they both wore black tie

Old 02-13-2014, 07:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
This link should (fingers crossed) work, Search - Getty Images UK: national portrait gallery - london.
Nope, I get midsummer nights dream after party (9/13,) more Pepsi, 2002 Mario Testino opening and a lot of pix of Chinese dragons:)
I tried searching last night curious as to what was worn and came up w/ very little.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Serene Highness

The links works for me. The first pictures are Liz Hurley. Maybe sort by date to most recent?
Old 02-14-2014, 09:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prince William's wife Kate dazzles in Queen's diamonds
Wort.lu - Prince William's wife Kate dazzles in Queen's diamonds
Old 02-14-2014, 07:51 PM
Commoner

Duchess of Durham, The Queen is actually making a statement here by the loan of this necklace. Since she is the only one who has worn it, it is very significant that Kate is wearing it.
Also, I have been reading that she is going to be attending some tiara events on the Tour and other events where serious bling and proper clothing will be required. The Queen is slowing bringing her and William into the "family business" and she is going to be expected to step up her game. She is really in the big leagues now, and needs to show it.
I think this is also the kindly way of Grandmum telling her that the private time is over, and now she will be expected to step up her game. I for one am glad. It will be interesting to see which jewels the Queen is loaning her for the trip. At least Diana had the Editor of British Vogue to help her along. That is what Kate needs.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Commoner

Forgot something to Duchess of Durham. Maybe the eternity ring is for their anniversary or even better, her "push present" for that beautiful little son.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

If there are tiara events in Australia, I hope Kate brings along that lovely Lotus tiara that she wore at her second tiara outing. Hopefully, we'll get a better view of it this time. I wonder if she'll bring the Halo tiara as well.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Glad others noticed the diamond eternity ring next to her engagement ring.
Kate Middleton adds sparkle to Portrait Gallery fundraiser with diamond necklace | Mail Online

Have to say I am not a fan of the Queen's diamond necklace - I saw this necklace displayed one time at Buckingham Palace and it is a solid heavy piece. On this occasion I don't think it work on Kate - her dress is very light and it just seems to chunky a piece for her. There are other 'lighter' necklaces that I would have preferred to see her being loaned - one is the Queens 21st south African diamond necklace or some of the Saudi pieces (even if that meant Kate and Diana would have been compared)
I have also not quite made up my mind. Although I really appreciate that she starts to wear more distinct jewelry, I am not sure that this special Piece is working on her - would see it more on Camilla. I think she needs something more clear and straight in the design..... but again, love to see at least some important pieces showing up.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness

It seems that the mystery of the new necklace is solved: so cute if it is true...
Kate: From Berkshire to Buckingham : The Duchess Meets The Queen: Kate Co-Hosts Reception with HM and Meets Helen Mirren
Kate Middleton's Prince George Nameplate Necklace: Get the Look! - Us Weekly
Old 02-18-2014, 07:17 AM
Courtier

HI, yes, it's true. They released info via Hello magazine yesterday, then followed messages via FB & Twitter.
To those interested in Duchess jewellery, I keep track of every single jewel she ever wore, wheter ID or not. I do it via my FB site, as there are already many blogs dedicated to the Duchess and her clothes.
Here's my post on pendant with close ups of pendant worn by Kate & with link where to get it.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1
Old 02-18-2014, 09:08 PM
Aristocracy

I remember that Prince Charles gave Diana a similar necklace after the birth of Prince William. It was a gold disk with "William" in Charles' own handwriting.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
HI, yes, it's true. They released info via Hello magazine yesterday, then followed messages via FB & Twitter.
To those interested in Duchess jewellery, I keep track of every single jewel she ever wore, wheter ID or not. I do it via my FB site, as there are already many blogs dedicated to the Duchess and her clothes.
Here's my post on pendant with close ups of pendant worn by Kate & with link where to get it.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1
Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the work you put into your blog. It's almost always the best source for tracking Kate's jewelry, and I know it must be a lot of work!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Catherine,Duchess of Cambridge's Merci Maman Necklace
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
Old 02-21-2014, 09:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the work you put into your blog. It's almost always the best source for tracking Kate's jewelry, and I know it must be a lot of work!
Thank you, that's very kind of you!
Old 02-21-2014, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
I have also not quite made up my mind. Although I really appreciate that she starts to wear more distinct jewelry, I am not sure that this special Piece is working on her - would see it more on Camilla. I think she needs something more clear and straight in the design..... but again, love to see at least some important pieces showing up.
I think it would work well without a sloppy neckline, say with a jewel neck or turtle neck. It really is a cute piece.

I don't see a diamond eternity ring on Kate. There appear to be just two bands: her wedding ring (gold) and the band of the engagement ring (platinum).