Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks fantastic...flattering makeup, hair is up(thank goodness) and a wonderful nod to their Chinese guests by wearing red!

Those bracelets are to die for...gorgeous!

I love her bling tonight! i prefer the halo tiara to be fair, but the lotus is absolutely more approriate for tonight...Not a fan of the earrings though.

From what I understand, the earrings are the Queen's diamond chandelier earrings. Kate has worn them before; once in Los Angeles, I believe, and also when she attended the Diplomatic Reception in 2013.

I agree she lots gorgeous. I feel like the pictures don't do the dress enough justice though she's beautiful in it.

Last edited:
From what I understand, the earrings are the Queen's diamond chandelier earrings. Kate has worn them before; once in Los Angeles, I believe, and also when she attended the Diplomatic Reception in 2013.

I agree she lots gorgeous. I feel like the pictures don't do the dress enough justice though she's beautiful in it.

Yes, I knew that she had already worn them before, thank you:flowers: Still not my cup of tea

I just hope that from now on the Cambridges will be regulars at State Banquets. We really need to see Catherine in big jewels more often.

Thanks for the info on the bracelets. I'm happy that the Queen is loaning Kate such personal jewels.

Catherine's jewels are stunning. She looks fantastic. The bracelets and earrings are just as beautiful as the tiara.

Any full shots of the dress yet?

LaRae

This whole look made me so happy, and I love the lotus tiara. The one thing I did notice is the base of the tiara is visible- her hairdresser may need to pop over to Sweden to get a tiara hair lesson :)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Catherine's jewels are stunning. She looks fantastic. The bracelets and earrings are just as beautiful as the tiara.

Yes couldn't agree more all that was missing was a Royal Order but other than that the Duchess looked radiant and wonderful to see the Lotus Flower Tiara again.

At long last! It's wonderful to see Catherine wearing a tiara with proper, full pictures! I was worried earlier we may only have seen the dreaded "arriving in a car" shot. The whole ensemble is quite understated but all the sparkles of the tiara and earnings (and the dress) really make up for it!

And two very noticeable diamond bracelets! :flowers: Oh happy days.

Very happy about the tiara and diamond bracelets. Just as disappointed about the hair, trip to Sweden is necessary!

Her jewels were stunning. Nice personal loan from The Queen.

The RFO is made of ivory. Given William's public stance on the issue she will probably never wear one by her own choosing. When William becomes King he can change the material they are made from.

Charles would probably change the material first for his. Maybe a porcelain base, given the British history with porcelain?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The RFO is made of ivory. Given William's public stance on the issue she will probably never wear one by her own choosing. When William becomes King he can change the material they are made from.

And just speculating... The queen may well be aware of the potential for Kate and William to be called on that in the press and it may have been discussed. Perhaps she showed her approval of and relationship with Kate through other means this evening: the very significant loan of her wedding bracelet.

I guess those ridiculous rumors that QE2 doesn't like the D of C should be put to rest. Wedding earnings are pretty special.

And just speculating... The queen may well be aware of the potential for Kate and William to be called on that in the press and it may have been discussed. Perhaps she showed her approval of and relationship with Kate through other means this evening: the very significant loan of her wedding bracelet.

I was surprised she wasn't wearing the RFO and admittedly disappointed. The ivory stance is completely understandable at this occasion. I did take comfort in the fact that HM loaned to Catherine a very personal piece of jewelry her wedding bracelet from Prince Philip.

Does she own the art deco bracelet on her right arm? Is that the PoW's gift?

LaRae

The bracelets are the Queen's. The Art Deco one is a wedding present from Philip and the other was Queen Mary's.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

If the Queen really wanted the Duchess to wear one she would change the material if that was an issue. The Duchess belongs to another generation than the rest of the family that has received the order. Her time will come.

Couldn't the RFO order be recycled from a previous wearer? I would imagine that Queen Mum's RFO from QEII would have gone back to the vaults. Would William or Harry have Princess Diana's RFO from QEII?

Couldn't the RFO order be recycled from a previous wearer? I would imagine that Queen Mum's RFO from QEII would have gone back to the vaults. Would William or Harry have Princess Diana's RFO from QEII?

I think the Orders are recycled. Most likely Sophie and Camilla have received recycled Orders. Catherine's order will probably be a recycled one as well. Her's is coming probably within the new year. It's not far off given the amount of time she's been a high ranking serving royal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom